http://www.marnok.com/Civ4/MarnokMod.rar

Currently for FFH2 patch z.

Includes:
Amended explorable lairs system
settings.py file so player can choose the intensity they desire
More exploration results
New magic items (graphics pending)
Changes to events such as Muris Clan goblins
Claimable improvements (villages, forts)
Forts buildable by "spell" to stop worker fort-spam
Attempt at AI guidance in securing map chokepoints

Awesome - Hello hermit new year!

By the way, I think I discovered the root cause of a bug I reported in MarnokX - the unclaimable tower. I would bet that there was a giant spider on it - I was under the impression that floating eyes could see invisible animals, but apparently I was mistaken.

That would do it, all right! Anything invisible to you.
I will have to double check that treasure chests are not included in possible guardian units too.

there seems to be quite a few python errors, rather than posting them all, here is one more for reference... I hope you can get this fixed soon, only got a couple of hours to play, till I'm off to a new years party... :)

Attachments

• python_error.JPG
    python_error.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 114
bah, looks like I missed something I normally remove when I did the shift from j to k. I'll fix.

OK I fixed those, silly errors. I don't know why they didn't come up - I played a 4 hour game with no errors! I'll have to try again.

Yesterday's game was a classic for me. I had a lair result where I was shown a treasure chest, which was just across the water from my capital, in an explorable tower. Thing is, the coast on that landmas was very mountainous with no landing spots. My galleons scouted round, battling Drowns from a sunken city, but every time they moved it turned out there was just more mountain in either direction. Eventually they found a beach - about 30 tiles away, and right next to Acheron's city! Only a single brave unit made it inland, the next obstacle was the Clan - we negotiated passage through their lands and began pushing forward through narrow mountain passes toward our goal. Many goblins and skeletons fell to our warrior's blades, and finally they reached the tower, overcame the traps and perils to retreive the treasure. (Merely a heart amulet and some gold, but it was the getting there that made it worthwhile!) The warriors claimed the tower, healed quickly and began the journey home - where tragically they were slain by a horde of goblin wolf-riders.

EDIT

actualy give me half hour here. I've done something crazy, missed some bits out. I'll fix!

EDIT

ok, I have sorted out the worst of the bugs. This still needs a bit of refinement though, especially the clan-naming which I thought I sorted.
concept of "clans":
Takes the idea of a bigbad spawning with some other units as henchment one stage further. It also adds to the flavour started by the Scorpion Clan units and the Muris golins.
Lairs can have "clan" data - a clan name such as Whitetooth or Bel'graa or something; a clan schema so that all henchunits spawned will be renamed with "Clan Whitetooth" or "Bel'graa cultist" or whatever; a clan promo so perhaps everyone in the clan is heavy, or strong, or faster. Boss units will also use the clan name but not the schema, they use special boss schemas like "Baron Whitetooth" or "Bel'graa Tonnok" etc. All units subsquently spawned in the lair will get the promo and the name.

I think I need to tweak this:
1. Generating clanschema needs to be 2 stage, to store a schema but with some parts resolved.
2. Need to make sure that clan data is copied correctly in all circumstances, especially where things happen like, a unit spawns adjacent to the lair because a player unit explores and is not pushed off.
3. Check that the clan can spread; if a boss finds an unoccupied lair or sets up a new one, they should spread their clan data to the new lair.

well, I must have accidentally a python file or something, uploaded a new version.

thankx...
how do i disable the claim stuff, i tried removing it in settings but just causes an error.
or at least a table i can edit to define what is claimable. personally i only want towers in the list, i would also like to build towers outside of my border.

EDIT:
They should require a unit to be station there at al times else the claimed resource reverts back to being unclaimed. This would limit the ability to have scattered control points across the map. Which IMO is best. think of the Romans and how they expanded their empire.

in settings.py there is a section

Code:
lControllable = [
	'IMPROVEMENT_TRIBAL_VILLAGE',
	'IMPROVEMENT_FORT',
	'IMPROVEMENT_CASTLE',
	'IMPROVEMENT_CITADEL',
	'IMPROVEMENT_TOWER',
]

just add or remove items from the list. Don't remove the list completely though - you can empty it (I think) without error, but the list itself must be there.

They should require a unit to be station there at al times else the claimed resource reverts back to being unclaimed. This would limit the ability to have scattered control points across the map. Which IMO is best. think of the Romans and how they expanded their empire.

Yes, I think what I will do is store up a pool of "control points" which erodes over time. First though I need to wrestle control of units from the system! My MarnokAI spell thingy is not working 100% as intended. I am going to try putting the script in different places. I need to tell the AI to sit and guard with a proportionate amount of units!

Woo! I come back from vacation and MarMod is waiting for me. It felt really strange to play without it. Keep up the good work.

Edit: As I quickly realize that I cannot play it, as I have patch l. Oh, lamentations!

It does work with L just a couple of errors appear... I just ignore them... lol

EDIT: I must say I do get these C++ errors relating to exploring lairs that crash the game, it is becoming annoying... But I had a good game going before patch L with marnok mod and didn't want to quit it.

Played half a game (with 'k'), and got two non-repeatable CTDs (I had random seed on reload, sorry). They both seemed to be linked to a named boss attacking (one lich and one ogre, I think). BTW, aren't bosses supposed to claim lairs and not go rampaging?

It does work with L just a couple of errors appear... I just ignore them... lol

EDIT: I must say I do get these C++ errors relating to exploring lairs that crash the game, it is becoming annoying... But I had a good game going before patch L with marnok mod and didn't want to quit it.

That's really odd - I'll run some tests again on exploration events. Thanks to my system for generating/running events, it is really easy to just assign one particular event to run each time. (note there to modmodders who want to borrow any of this!)

Played half a game (with 'k'), and got two non-repeatable CTDs (I had random seed on reload, sorry). They both seemed to be linked to a named boss attacking (one lich and one ogre, I think). BTW, aren't bosses supposed to claim lairs and not go rampaging?

Bosses *sometimes* claim lairs. It slows down the rampage rate, but they can still go walkabout. (Still playing with AI controls, but that is pretty much what I wanted to do)

I can't think what is causing the game to die, I'll set a game up with just a whole line of lich and ogre bosses with various promotions. It is more likely to be a promotion these guys have which is making things go wrong, I think, but that's just a guess. Maybe if they have Command and there's a unit which can't go barbarian for some reason? Or some odd conflict with a crazed barbarian? that's the direction I am thinking in at the moment.

note to self : stop hunting for bugs which are not there, "Badcha" is a perfectly legal result from the name generator!

note to self : stop hunting for bugs which are not there, "Badcha" is a perfectly legal result from the name generator!

LOL, maybe you should add a few more - Coredump, Segfault, and Badmemoryallocation come to mind!

Just patching to "n", will be up later if I fix a bug.

I think I have identified a cause of CTD. When a barb unit spawns with HN, in a plot with a barbarian ally (CoE unit) present, game CTDs. I need to confirm exactly what is causing it, but when I switch to a Warrior unit spawn it does not crash, my "villager" unit does (villagers have HN just so they will attack raiding CoE units!)

Thing is, this only happened when an AI unit raided a village; I tried being a Clan player and I don't get the same result.

Need to fix this or at least confirm exactly what is triggering the crash.

EDIT:
Ok, don't use the bHiddenNationality XML tag! use the promo instead. That's fixed - I'll do some more testing and maybe add some stuff before I release.

I won't be posting an update just yet as I have a CTD occuring. It might just be the problem with my changeOwner function (used especially in the "Lost" result), I am still testing to see if I can track it down.

Top Bottom