Mazera Mega Story Thread

Uh, you'll need more than a few fireballs for MASSIVE HORDES OF UNDEAD ZOMBAHS!!!1

Those aren't even a threat. A few fireballs and they're roasted.

Are the D'Tesh supposed to be pushovers?

No. Their units have death affinity so for every death mana node they have, they get another level of strength. D'Tesh players pretty much worship the Broken Sepulcher.

Yup. I just don't like vampires zombies

The Independent CityState of Alphar-bane has pledged a temporary alleigance with Hyborem (as demon lords are wont to do from time to time) ... still officially under the jurisdiction of Judecca, the city now serves as a portal (fueled by Judecca's magic) for Hyborem's troops to arrive at the mainland.

Lazarus is grand duke of balors in the region of Alpharbane, and as part of the deal with Hyborem, even though he is able to send out demons from the portal opened by Judecca, all claimed lands belong directly to duke Lazarus ... apprentice to Judecca. Hyborem is not ruled by petty emotion however he will not personally fight in battle unless it gains him direct power. However he does love sending out his minions to cause suffering among Mazera. He sends his second in command, Samael, to lead his forces sent into the gates of Alpharbane. (the portal teleports from Hyborem's main fortress upon the Fane of Lessers into the main barracks hall of the grand demonic city of Alpharbane (used to be Gareth Minar).

Samael is a grand Balor that was created with extra hubris for his creator took great pride in crafting him. Not of the same mold as his brethren, Samael is almost not a Balor if one were to consider his appearance. His very form bristles with magical energies and his eyes are swirling pits as deep and dark as the everything-nothingness of Ceridwin's dark magic. A long black snake with five sets of wings, and a crown of poisonous thorns upon his snout.
That about him which is not magical is poisonous, every bit as lethal as the plague although directed particularly upon the faithful. To those which believe in nothing, the poison of Samael is but an ordinary venom ... an everyday snake toxin, even if very lethal to untreated cases. To someone highly devout however ... weather a Vicar, cultist, or Luannotar ... its an untreatable curse which leaves one withered and dying for days, months, years ... never dying but too sick to speak, its best to simply put them out of misery if one is inflicted so. The only way to remove the sickness is to renounce their faith and embrace Agares (or Ceridwen) ... and the poison instantly transforms them into a ghastly horror to do Hyborem's bidding. Incidentally anyone affected by the poison is more likely to convert to the cause of Agares, and to do so is to turn into a serpentine demon. However, the more faithful the convert, the ghastlier and more powerful their form.

City of Eternal Flame Founded

The Journey of the Redeemed has reached it's end. A Site for the new capital was found, and early construction has begun. An ordered plan for the city has been laid out, and a Palisade has been erected. the surrounding countryside has been stripped of wood, and many buildings have already begun construction, most notable being the Ordine Citadel of the Flame, which has been described as some as the most beautiful of the Ordine citadels. Perhaps not the largest, but the most beautiful. The Architectural Style of the city will be based on that of the Citadel, which was itself designed by the Luchuirp inventor Belli the Mad.

No. Their units have death affinity so for every death mana node they have, they get another level of strength. D'Tesh players pretty much worship the Broken Sepulcher.
Meh. FFH already has shambling dead. They're called diseased corpses and skeletons, and those zombies spread disease to boot. Non-diseased shambling dead have no real basis for being superior to dark-god modified shambling dead.

Pushovers shambling dead are, and pushovers they remain.

I just wanted to add that I had little knowledge of the D'Teshi since I do not play FfH. I had feared to be fighting demons, but undeath seems like, well, pushovers.

So you say, but I am thinking more in Mazera-story-terms than of real FfH. I can imagine that their weak point would be their supply of arcanities. Now, Flauros would not dare this, but then again he's away... :mwaha:

Spoiler Dealing with the D'Teshi :

Dora slid down from the roof. She had found herself helping the Calabim even after Ilyth had been disposed of. Perhaps it was her Vampirism, but she felt strangely... Loyal towards to the Calabim. Deledien and the two others had felt the same, and she knew that they were spread out across other parts of the D'Teshi front, commiting themselves and their art to the Calabim. Winning the loyalty of Svartalfar assassins was almost impossible but it had considerable benefits, and Alexis' offer had been too good to turn down.

She registered the guardsmen leave their post on their regular patrol. This happened every hour, she knew, and lasted merely for minutes, but this time was her chance. The guards who were supposed to watch the entrance from the building she had just slid down from was not watching anything, their bones scattered in the cellar beneath. She quickly moved across the street and into the Necromancer's house.

Even in the complete darkness, she could quickly orientate herself by the ritual chants of the Dark Arcanist, and she drew her long knife, a simple and linear steel blade, from her belt while running towards the sound. As the faint image of a shadow, she entered the room, seeing the dark robe of the Necromancer as he knelt, his back to the door. She sneered. Was he so sure of his guards that he abandoned all caution?

She quickly slid across the floor and jabbed the knife into the back of the old man, four times in rapid succession. He straggled and fell to the floor, his blood streaming out onto the floor. She leaned forwards and dislodged an amulet from one of his necklaces to prove her kill. 'Worth the horse of even a Hippus noble', she thought, smiling at the profit ahead. If every necromancer was a relentless as this one, it would quickly amount to a king's ransom.

Suddenly, the body of the necromancer stiffened for a second before wildly convulsing. Caught by sudden terror, Dora threw herself out of the room, rolling on hands and back, and came to a run out in the corridor.

The corpse of the necromancer exploded violently, and the walls of the house trembled and would give way in a matter of seconds as Dora came out into the free air. She looked around for enemies, found none, and quickly ran for the nearby woods. She had almost given up her own cautiousness there, and with it her life. She would have to remember this episode. "A D'Teshi won't let death come in the way of harming you," she said to herself, and smiled, clenching the amulet. She hoped the others had realized the same as her without being caught in the violent expulsions of their first victims. She felt confident that it was so. They were Svartalfar in nature, even if their hearts belonged to the Calabim battle.

Not at all. Done correctly, they are very strong... Possibly one of the strongest civs in the game. :lol:
Well, duh. Anyone who's grunt units have mana afinity can be one of the strongest. That's like boasting how great you are on ocean-maps when you alone adopt the OO. But then, mana-afinity doled out like that rather misses the point.

Hey, why not make everyone mana-afinity? Elves get nature affinity, Orcs get fire affinity, and so on? Why not?
So you say, but I am thinking more in Mazera-story-terms than of real FfH. I can imagine that their weak point would be their supply of arcanities. Now, Flauros would not dare this, but then again he's away... :mwaha:
:goodjob:

Official policy of the Grigori, btw, is "If you're at war with us, anything goes."

Actually, when I play them I completely ignore their melee line, which is what gets the affinity. You don't need them. Between strong casters, invisible recon, and massive cities, you don't need the affinity units. So yes, if you can ignore units that become massively strong like that, the civ itself is strong. ;)

Actually, when I play them I completely ignore their melee line, which is what gets the affinity. You don't need them. Between strong casters, invisible recon, and massive cities, you don't need the affinity units. So yes, if you can ignore units that become massively strong like that, the civ itself is strong. ;)

But were they ever made to be THAT balanced? :lol:

And you keep on forgetting that this is in Cypher world, where your guys have been changed around to his liking :D

But were they ever made to be THAT balanced? :lol:

And you keep on forgetting that this is in Cypher world, where your guys have been changed around to his liking :D

Nice catch. They haven't really been changed at all. I haven't done anything to them. The only thing I've done is give them two death mana nodes, a small military, and no money to rush production. Therefore, they'd have to actually wage war to spread like in FF+.

Anyway, the map has been updated. The Chislev have been ejected from the game after getting raped by the Grigori for weeks. Their lands are now empty, the Grigori gain a nice chunk of land, including a new rivier, and barbarians have begun traveling to the now empty area, including the Nininsnal Clan, the Deluoc Clan, and the trading Goblin clan known as the Metalthief Clan, led by Gmek Metalthief.

Nice catch. They haven't really been changed at all. I haven't done anything to them. The only thing I've done is give them two death mana nodes, a small military, and no money to rush production. Therefore, they'd have to actually wage war to spread like in FF+.

Anyway, the map has been updated. The Chislev have been ejected from the game after getting raped by the Grigori for weeks. Their lands are now empty, the Grigori gain a nice chunk of land, including a new rivier, and barbarians have begun traveling to the now empty area, including the Nininsnal Clan, the Deluoc Clan, and the trading Goblin clan known as the Metalthief Clan, led by Gmek Metalthief.
:(

I was going to unveil the Night of Long Howls soon to. :(:(:(

(And, until the last updates, the Chislev had been on the advance, pushing the Grigori back. They were about to be gang-raped, true, but...)

...say, how has the Clan been behaving recently? I seem to remember them not being to supportive against the Archos...

In other words, you wanked it to be strong regardless. If you don't 'need' one of its major advantages to already be top-tier, it's not exactly a hard-to-play Civ.

:(

I was going to unveil the Night of Long Howls soon to. :(:(:(

(And, until the last updates, the Chislev had been on the advance, pushing the Grigori back. They were about to be gang-raped, true, but...)

...say, how has the Clan been behaving recently? I seem to remember them not being to supportive against the Archos...

The Clan has been trading with the Overcouncil for weeks. They were one of the first nations to join the Overcouncil.

A potentially important update.

Heathen Congregation Seeks to Colonize Southern Isle

A group of heathens with members across Mazera have taken an unusual step into public and announced their intention to set up their own colony on the island of the Southern Sea. Already significant financial support has been gathered to scout, prepare, and colonize the isle.

All that these unwanted Heathens ask is to be left free to leave the lands where they are unwanted, and free from other nations pursuing them across the sea. They wish only to be left in peace, and ask that no one else come to the island.

The main effort of this exodus is centered in the Grigori Republic, where the largest community of these heathens, the Lunnotar, live. Ships built in Midgard can navigate the Meliah River and its sister rivers through the center of the continent and to the ocean in the South, infringing on no one else's territory.

Top Bottom