Meet the Civs - A Guide to Civ6 Civilizations (Updated 2/10/19)

Perhaps they can move after attacking. That would fall under the definition of High Mobility, in my opinion.

Yes, and I think everyone's harbor districts add a trade route not just the Royal one.

If everyone gets a new trade route for each harbor district, then the Royal Navy District is not that good. But if it's a bonus only for the english's harbors, I think this is the best bonus so far.

It's a shame the first screen of each game (portraying your civ and leader) lacks the nice historical detail that the Civ V ones tried to get across, let alone any of the historical detail in the Firaxis Civ VI blogs which have been so nicely accumulated here.

I think for Hojo they simply alluded to the divine wind, bushido and Buddhism. That was it. Nothing about how he repelled the Mongolian invasions, which were the greatest crisis Japan as a nation faced for many decades.

As an aside, I think there is already a civ compilation thread stickied, with abilities and such. I would recommend adding images to this one where possible.

Updated with new info for Frederick Barbarossa.

Also added leader pictures and updated the "strategy" section. Obviously it's tough to put together any detailed strategy for a game that is still in development so for now it's more of a look at how you might take advantage of the various abilities and how they might interact with each other.

There is no Sparta. Greece just has 2 leaders.

RE: TOMYRIS AGENDA.

"Backstab Averse" is such a disappointing agenda name given the cool agenda names from other civs that have historical flavor (Black Queen, Wall of 10,000 Li, etc). Can't they at least give her a slightly more historically flavored made-up phrase? Like "Honorable Warrior Queen" or something. Ughhh. She wasn't even "backstabbed" in real life. Her son was merely tricked, but they were all expecting the attack so it wasn't technically a "backstab" when Cyrus used wine to make the Scythians lose the initial battle.

RE: TOMYRIS AGENDA.

"Backstab Averse" is such a disappointing agenda name given the cool agenda names from other civs that have historical flavor (Black Queen, Wall of 10,000 Li, etc). Can't they at least give her a slightly more historically flavored made-up phrase? Like "Honorable Warrior Queen" or something. Ughhh. She wasn't even "backstabbed" in real life. Her son was merely tricked, but they were all expecting the attack so it wasn't technically a "backstab" when Cyrus used wine to make the Scythians lose the initial battle.

Could be a placeholder.

Tomyris looks really OP. Double production on top of the game already offering fast military production. A unique early UU and finally the units heal and deal extra on wounded.

Oh boy it has the potential to be even stronger than Attila's early game.

Tomyris looks really OP. Double production on top of the game already offering fast military production. A unique early UU and finally the units heal and deal extra on wounded.

Oh boy it has the potential to be even stronger than Attila's early game.
Remember these are press builds and the final numbers may vary. Plus, the may have been playing on faster settings.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

That is not confirmed. That is just rampant speculation from fans who are trying to interpret the leader poster and the information that we have available.

Just to grab it together:

1. We have 2 Greek leaders representing Athens and Sparta. So wither Athens and Sparta are different civs or they are 2 leaders for Greece. The first case seems very unlikely as it is, because Civilization games always had Greece civ as a whole.

2. On top of this, leader portrait wall which had perfect alphabetical order in all other cases shows these leaders nearby and in position where Greece fits, but Athens and Sparta don't.

3. Even though the game is using new engine and don't need actual leader/civilization ability separation, it has them and they are quite defined. We also have numerous other hints for multiple leaders, like America tooltip where it was said they have Rough Rider only if Teddy is the leader.

4. Having both Athens and Sparta gives 1 more civs than it was stated the game should have.

5. Athens and Sparta would be a "city-state" civ like Venice. Having 2 such specific civs in vanilla looks very unlikely.

So, while it's speculation, it looks like very educated guess to me.

Remember these are press builds and the final numbers may vary. Plus, the may have been playing on faster settings.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Of course things may change.

But that combo of +100% horse production civic coupled with Tomyris ability of getting extras units, that are more effective and a ranged mounted UU is just nuts. So far she's by a mile the best candidate for early domination wins.

Just to grab it together:

1. We have 2 Greek leaders representing Athens and Sparta. So wither Athens and Sparta are different civs or they are 2 leaders for Greece. The first case seems very unlikely as it is, because Civilization games always had Greece civ as a whole.

2. On top of this, leader portrait wall which had perfect alphabetical order in all other cases shows these leaders nearby and in position where Greece fits, but Athens and Sparta don't.

3. Even though the game is using new engine and don't need actual leader/civilization ability separation, it has them and they are quite defined. We also have numerous other hints for multiple leaders, like America tooltip where it was said they have Rough Rider only if Teddy is the leader.

4. Having both Athens and Sparta gives 1 more civs than it was stated the game should have.

5. Athens and Sparta would be a "city-state" civ like Venice. Having 2 such specific civs in vanilla looks very unlikely.

So, while it's speculation, it looks like very educated guess to me.

yea its still a guess however for all we know they had both in the list as they were debating which one to use for greece. also im just gonna ignore the leader portrait list (photo from studio tour thingy) as not only did it have about 20-23 portraits it also had an animal on it in the bottom corner so unless their is a mystical animal civ im not buying it.
we're unfortunately going to have to wait and see and firaxes seems adament in not clearing any of this up.

Top Bottom