• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Merge and GOTM

Thrallia

Prodigal Staffer
GOTM Staff
I'm curious to know exactly how the merge will effect the GOTM competitions, both future and the currently active ones.

This is assuming it is not an April Fools joke, since it is well past April 1st GMT

I'm convinced it's an april fool's joke, btw, it's still april 1st in the US

Holy cow! It isn't a joke! Are you guys seriously going to start charging money to play GOTM?

I assumed it had to be a joke, because even if that was your intent, it seemed ... really bad timing to be instituting that at the exact same time as a merger. People will be disgruntled enough, without you starting to charge them to use your site!

:(

Its outlined on www.civjunction.com homepage.
The fact that "small entry fee" is left to the user's imagination is certainly fueling the concern in the GOTM community. The admin gods must have something in mind.

Say it is $5 per game per month. GOTM, WOTM, SGOTM, "SWOTM" makes it $20 a month for the set. Every two months that is a new game purchase. Boo hiss :rolleyes:

Maybe $5 per month for unlimited play? Maybe $1 per month per game? I don't love it, but it is more reasonable.

So why not put a number on the table so we can argue about something concrete?

dV

I wouldn't pay too much attention if I were you ;)

I'm surprised people are still buying it! :smug:

Just don't invest too much emotion in the issue! :cringe:

[/pun]

I don't know about USA time zones, but isn't it time (late 2nd April in Germany) to solve this?

Ainwood's post on April 2nd in this thread would make it an illegitimate April Fool.

Clarification - Thunderfall has announced elsewhere that this is indeed an April Fool. Controversy still reigns because some mods have continued to perpetrate it well into April 2, against the traditions of the April Fool (which is supposed to be before midday April 1).

Ainwood's post on April 2nd in this thread would make it an illegitimate April Fool.

Nonsense.
April Fool's Day is when a joke or prank or hoax is publicized. Some jokes require days of preparation beforehand, others may need days on the back end.

Look at the time ... it posted at 11:59 PM on April 1 ... coincidence?

dV

Edit: D'oh, just for east coast USA! :hammer2: But for us, a tantalizing time for the post ... ;)

Look at the time ... it posted at 11:59 PM on April 1 ... coincidence?

dV

Ainwood's post in this thread was at Apr 02, 2007, 05:59 AM. That's UTC+1. But given that he's in New Zealand, it's really an awful lot later on April 2nd. April Fool's jokes are supposed to be conducted before midday on April 1.

Nonetheless, Thunderfall has announced that this is an April Fool albeit not very well conducted (given that all the controversy about it arose from it's still being announced and treated as real by the perps on April 2).

Nonetheless, Thunderfall has announced that this is an April Fool albeit not very well conducted (given that all the controversy about it arose from it's still being announced and treated as real by the perps on April 2).
That was necessary to get the full, final impact of the Hoax.

dV

... albeit not very well conducted (given that all the controversy about it arose from it's still being announced and treated as real by the perps on April 2)

You're breaking my heart :rotfl: :D

I guess all the fuss shows how much we love it here ... and how much we are NOT willing to pay for it! :lol:

BTW, how did ainwood get elected to be one of the evil ones not moving to CPC?

dV

Top Bottom