[UNIT] Mighty Ships Et Al

I would try to keep it simple if it were to be done. Final Frontier laser effects, only the lasers would be fired level with however high the ship is(effect would need slight editting).

Another option for future ships is looking at games like Supreme Commander and having futuristic naval vessels in the water, using the Final Frontier effects.

Note I wasn't actually requesting space battleships it was one idea of many I had for Toad.

Future warship designs:

More material to work with for ideas.

There is also aircraft too. As I said, make whatever you enjoy the most at the moment. These pics are all ideas.

FF laser effects on ground units and ships work just fine with no editing. You just connect them up in the .kf and it's all fine.

As for flying battleships I wasn't saying he shouldn't do it. I was saying that if he did it'd be cool.

A simple way to get more sci-fi ships may be to convert CIVBE naval units:
Spoiler :

Gunboat (left) and Cruiser (right)

Triton (left), Destroyer (middle) and Arbiter (right)

Poseidon (left), Dreadnought (middle) and Vindicator (right)

Mako (left), Countess (middle) and Wrath (right)

Lurker (left), Undertaker (middle) and Whisper (right)

Leviathan (left), Eradicator (middle) and Shroud (right)

Hydra (left), Bastion (middle) and Shepherd (right)

Of course Harmony (green) ships would look strange in Civ4 and even some Purity (yellow-red) ships look a bit "funny" but Supremacy (grey) ones look good.

Spoiler :

Of course Harmony (green) ships would look strange in Civ4 and even some Purity (yellow-red) ships look a bit "funny" but Supremacy (grey) ones look good.

I was thinking the same about BE supremacy units. When Geddon posted those pics, my mind immediately went to those.

Spoiler :

Pictures aren't showing up Zeta :(

Doing a flying battleship right is going to be difficult to say the least. I've been trying on and off to make one but things always get overly complicated.
You may be able to just paste the gunships "NiTransformInterpolator" over the one for the "DUMMY_Battleship_Hull" in all the animations. The problem is the gunship has different stop times. Battleship is 5.333, and the gunship is 3.333 (for idle) I think. Another idea is to just change the "Z" value in the translation from "0" to "75" (like the gunship). Then the ship would appear to float above the ground.
Assuming that works. Then you would need to change the "ATTACHABLE_BOW_FROTH" to something like engine exhaust. And, move it to the rear. And find a suitable laser/missile effect to replace the gun effects.
For testing purposes you could just use the vanilla unit for want of a starship.
I don't plan on doing this BTW. Not in the foreseeable future.
I have a big request:bowdown:. No one drew units in long scale armor - these are charioteers and super-heavy infantry / archers of late bronze, early iron, etc. This is a terrible and anti-historical situation:hammer2:
Такой доспех был как бронзовым, так и железным

See if this will do ya. :cool:

Attachments

• Armored_Swordsman.rar
    247 KB · Views: 42
  • Armored_Swordsman.jpg
    Armored_Swordsman.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 253
You may be able to just paste the gunships "NiTransformInterpolator" over the one for the "DUMMY_Battleship_Hull" in all the animations. The problem is the gunship has different stop times. Battleship is 5.333, and the gunship is 3.333 (for idle) I think. Another idea is to just change the "Z" value in the translation from "0" to "75" (like the gunship). Then the ship would appear to float above the ground.
Assuming that works. Then you would need to change the "ATTACHABLE_BOW_FROTH" to something like engine exhaust. And, move it to the rear. And find a suitable laser/missile effect to replace the gun effects.
For testing purposes you could just use the vanilla unit for want of a starship.
I don't plan on doing this BTW. Not in the foreseeable future.
I was thinking of something more along the lines of splicing the vanilla battleship turned up side down to an airship. And just making custom animations for the lot. And I've done it and it works. Sort of. But I can't ever quite get everything tuned to my liking.

I would try to keep it simple if it were to be done. Final Frontier laser effects, only the lasers would be fired level with however high the ship is(effect would need slight editting).

Another option for future ships is looking at games like Supreme Commander and having futuristic naval vessels in the water, using the Final Frontier effects.

Note I wasn't actually requesting space battleships it was one idea of many I had for Toad.

Future warship designs:

More material to work with for ideas.

There is also aircraft too. As I said, make whatever you enjoy the most at the moment. These pics are all ideas.

Wow.. I would love to see these ships in CIV4

See if this will do ya. :cool:
:bowdown:

That is a nice bit of work there Toad. What culture is that? I couldn't tell from the picture.
First image might be the Hatti / Hittite Empire and its allies, circa 1300 BCE?

The second image is the Warrior Pharaoh, Ramesses II, gunning down Hittites during the battle of Kadesh. He was kind of a badass.

The Egyptian war chariot is a done deal, but how cool would it be to ride around with a champion unit like this? :goodjob:

01 Ramesses II.jpg

Spoiler Ramesses II War Chariot :
02 Ramesses II.jpg

03 Ramesses II.jpg

Yul Brenner version ^^.jpg

Attachments

• Ramesses II HQ.png
    Ramesses II HQ.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I was thinking of something more along the lines of splicing the vanilla battleship turned up side down to an airship. And just making custom animations for the lot. And I've done it and it works. Sort of. But I can't ever quite get everything tuned to my liking.
The airship uses aircraft animations. I've got an airship rigged to the gunship. I have it set in the XML so that it can travel over any terrain. I usually only use it for scouting. Park it on a mountain in enemy territory where it is safe, and can monitor enemy movements.

You are thinking of bomber with godmode. I'm thinking of a battlecrusier/carrier that can go anywhere on the map.

The airship uses aircraft animations. I've got an airship rigged to the gunship. I have it set in the XML so that it can travel over any terrain. I usually only use it for scouting. Park it on a mountain in enemy territory where it is safe, and can monitor enemy movements.

You are thinking of bomber with godmode. I'm thinking of a battlecrusier/carrier that can go anywhere on the map.
No, I am thinking of a flying thing that happens to use airship based idle and movement animations but isn't an aircraft. Trust me... it's complicated to describe but looks cool.

Well wherever Toad's creative muse goes, I look forward to it.
Just Mycenaean gallys. Nothing exciting really. I was getting bored with it since all the talk about starships.
Check this out:

I didn't make the model. Whomever made it did a fantastic job. It is flawless. I attempted to consolidate the dozen textures into something game friendly. Not remotely done. But for 2 hours distraction it looks alright in game I think. :D

Attachments

• BSG.rar
    209.7 KB · Views: 34
  • BSG.jpg
    BSG.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 323
I've got two new ones for you, if you have the time MightyToad. They use the same structure though, so copying one finished texture to another should work out pretty well.

It's based on an artist's theoretical Aztec cannon. I consider it a good unit for a Great Bombard, and also a good frame for a Meso catapult. Two birds, one stone.

Attachments

• Meso Great Bombard.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • aztec catapult frame.jpg
    aztec catapult frame.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 42
Just Mycenaean gallys. Nothing exciting really. I was getting bored with it since all the talk about starships.
Check this out:

I didn't make the model. Whomever made it did a fantastic job. It is flawless. I attempted to consolidate the dozen textures into something game friendly. Not remotely done. But for 2 hours distraction it looks alright in game I think. :D

Now that is awesome. Does it come with lasers?

Top Bottom