[UNIT] Mighty Ships Et Al

I still don't get why Stargate fans never talk about the movie lol... I liked the Egyptian designs in it. :p

Sorry, late to the party. And I still don’t understand what a meme is.

Call me Snake.jpg

Mycenaean units...Achilles full god armor... Mass convert all Civ 5 units
:dance::dance::dance:

I found a couple more images for an Egyptian armored chariot archer. @pecheneg have you been able to find any more concept art for an Assyrian archer?

Also tried to find some images for Mycenaean grunts. I don’t know if there are any pro-am historians out there who could lend their expertise?

And I’m not even gonna mention the dendra panoply :mischief:

Attachments

• Full Armor Pharaoh with war crown (Kepresh).gif
    Full Armor Pharaoh with war crown (Kepresh).gif
    124.9 KB · Views: 36
  • michael-weinert-egypt-new-kingdom-ramses-ii-1300bc.jpg
    michael-weinert-egypt-new-kingdom-ramses-ii-1300bc.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Ramesses II.jpg
    Ramesses II.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 37
  • from the Men of Mycenaea Calendar, Men's Rowing Club (June 1335).jpg
    from the Men of Mycenaea Calendar, Men's Rowing Club (June 1335).jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 72
  • mycenaean_spearman_by_lordgood_ddy1gxw-fullview.jpg
    mycenaean_spearman_by_lordgood_ddy1gxw-fullview.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 29
  • petros-haralampides-odysseus-warrior-b.jpg
    petros-haralampides-odysseus-warrior-b.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 35
  • petros-haralampides-odysseus-warrior-c.jpg
    petros-haralampides-odysseus-warrior-c.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 33
  • petros-haralampides-odysseus-warrior-d.jpg
    petros-haralampides-odysseus-warrior-d.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 33
  • Bearing down....jpg
    Bearing down....jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 35
At the moment I am working on Mycenaean units. First one is looking like this. This guy has full Achilles god armor. Will need something less flashy for common soldiers.
Could you also release it without the horns on the helmet, please? I think it would be perfect for my Myrmidon unit.

First one is looking like this.
Great!:clap::hatsoff: I wanted just a heavy Mycenaean unit - and here it is:D. I really support the idea of chariots and firearm units. For example, the variety of Renaissance troops is very large, and there is only a very small part in the mods. At the same time, Eastern Europe had the strangest exoticism.

Will need something less flashy for common soldiers.

This is the 16th century BC, "tower shields". The mass infantry, apparently, does not have armor, there is only a helmet.

Later, there is an 8 - shield that exists in parallel with the tower of a more complex shape-apparently, this was the case with Ajax.

Mass infantry with 8-shields is probably also useless.
Around 1500

Parallel nobility or chariot driver: the Dendra armor is a little later, 1450-1400

About 1300 almost round shields are seen and about 1200 such soldiers are seen
Here it is necessary to take into account that very large elongated shields are the protection of the legs. When greaves appear, as a rule, a hoplite with a large round shield appears.
At the same time, the corps of warriors above can be protected... Nothing or leather armor
Something around the body clearly a shield carrying loop.

But we know that the Mycenaean elite
1.had scaly armor-scales/plates were found.
2 At the same time, in parallel (images from 1350 , then the armor itself), a classic cuirass appears

And, apparently, at about the same time, "the armor of Achilles".Medinet-abu is after 1200 BC. Perhaps both armors evolved from Dendra's armor.

Last edited:
have you been able to find any more concept art for an Assyrian archer?
It's much worse:D. Some Assyrians do not want to be inserted.
http://spiculo.ru/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/8.jpg
According to the link, in addition to the armored archer on the chariot, there is also a mysterious "medium tank". Which, by the way, reminds us of the Main Assyrian Problem.
The Assyrians generally recognized chariots of two types:
1. light with a crew of two people (archer and driver) and
2 truly Arius... assyrian" Tiger " on horse traction.
3. нowever, there is also a middle/"Hittite" version, this is not the only image.

And here we find ourselves in a deep reverie and the world of modern art.

At the same time, the Assyrians themselves liked the branded Assyrian tanks, but for some reason the artists do not like them. At the same time 2, I think it will be difficult to make a unit.

Spoiler :

I found a couple more images for an Egyptian armored chariot archer. @pecheneg have you been able to find any more concept art for an Assyrian archer?

And the most intelligible thing I found. At the same time, the shield-bearers are actually spearmen, I must say. This can be seen in other reliefs.

Spoiler :

I need to ask what to look for MightyToad.:hammer2:

Last edited:
I need to ask what to look for MightyToad.:hammer2:
Haha, no worries, you're doing great :goodjob:

I agree it's tricky to find artists that like ancient history as much as we do. I've started searching on ArtStation and DeviantArt. Games like Total War also have excellent art. Here's something MightyToad suggested that can help him do his modeling magic:
I've looked around, but good images for textures are hard to find. The main problem is you need a clean non stylized picture (no weird lighting and dramatic shadows). Also a profile view from the front, side, and top.

I too would like to see more chariots :king: The Assyrian 'Tiger' chariot sounds interesting - I'll help research it :thumbsup:

For now, here's the Dendra Panoply Charioteer:

Dendra Panoply 01.jpg

Spoiler The Dendra Panoply: the world's first sumo suit? :
"A set of armor discovered near Midea (the Dendra Panoply) included a helmet, bronze greaves, and a corselet made of overlapping bronze half-rings and plates covering torso, shoulders, neck, and the tops of the arms, combining protection with flexibility. These seem to have been stitched to a linen garment, probably well padded."

Spoiler longer version :
"This uncovered specimen in question consists of fifteen separate sheets of beaten bronze that were fastened by leather bands. The main cuirass in itself comprised two different facades (for the front part and rear part of the torso) that were joined by a hinge. Additionally, the impressive armor system boasted big shoulder-guards, triangular arm-pit guards, a deep neck-guard (composed of a high bronze collar) and even greaves (padded with linen). So after all these pieces were ‘set up’, the complete panoply equated to a robust, full-covered plated body armor that may have been imposing in its scope, though surely cumbersome in its usage."

Spoiler Dendra Panoply Charioteer :
"The armor certainly would not have been used by the average rank and file grunt, but most likely would have belong to a very wealthy noble or elite warrior. The most commonly accepted theory is that this type of armor would have only been used by charioteers who were not required to conduct combat on foot. However, although the armor looks heavy and bulky, it only weighs 15kg (33lbs), and modern high quality replicas have demonstrated that the armor is mobile and dexterous enough for foot combat. Thus some contend that the armor could have been used by heavy infantry as well. One could imagine an elite corps of heavily armored Greek soldiers bashing through enemy lines like tanks.

Based on the skeletal remains found in the tomb, it is estimated that the warrior who owned the armor was 1.75m (5′8′’) tall and weighed around 65kg (140lbs). So he certainly wasn’t an exceptionally large man, even by ancient standards."

Spoiler Mycenaean Chariots :
"The Mycenaean army preferred the sturdily-built, heavy chariots that were conducive to operating on the rocky plains strewn across the Mycenaean homeland. This translated to the use of robust four-spoke wheels and draught pole reinforcements with cross-bracing. Consequently, there were few types of chariot designs, but most of them were drawn by two horses – which was a far cry from the larger Assyrian battle chariots used during their hey-day."

Attachments

• Dendra Panoply 01.jpg
    Dendra Panoply 01.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 26
  • Dendra Panoply 02.jpg
    Dendra Panoply 02.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 27
  • Dendra Panoply 03.jpg
    Dendra Panoply 03.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Dendra Panoply 04.jpg
    Dendra Panoply 04.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Dendra Panoply 05.jpg
    Dendra Panoply 05.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 26
  • Dendra Panoply 06.jpg
    Dendra Panoply 06.jpg
    853.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Dendra Panoply 07.jpg
    Dendra Panoply 07.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 31
I agree it's tricky to find artists that like ancient history as much as we do.
If only ancient history. Around the Second World War lies the desert . Inside - semi-desert.

Here's something MightyToad suggested that can help him do his modeling magic:

Thanks for the tip. Нм, I suspect something similar to 123D Catch.

- I'll help research it :thumbsup:

Yes, that would be great. The chariot era is believed to be the Bronze Age. However, in reality, they reached their second heyday much later. In the Battle of Karkar (i.e., in 853 BC), the Assyrians used 1,200 "units", around the same time they reinvented the Hittite "medium tank" with three fighters. And a little later - the Wunderwaffe in the images. That is, the "Tiger" is roughly contemporary with the Messenian Wars, Lycurgus, and the first Olympiads . Then chariots-of an unknown type-were used in the army of the Neo-Babylonian kingdom (before 539 BC). This is later than Solon.

In general, millions of ordinary gamers are in a terrible delusion.:old:

The Dendra Panoply: the world's first sumo suit?
What a mundane comparison. This is a brilliant proof that canning was not invented by Pasteur, but by Agamemnon.:old:

Last edited:
Thats alot of Mycenaean material. Like the ships they feel like a prequel to the more familiar hoplites and such of Classical Greece, which is what they were. The unarmored spearman for example, I can see how the Helmut evolved to the more familiar one we see later.

Myceneans were to the Greeks what the Sumerians were to the Babylonians.

Ahhh, so sorry, buffeted by the most O so cruel Fates, it took me forever to track down an HQ version of this online:

01 Spartan, Ithacan, Pylos underwear model, Myrmidon - by Giorgio Albertini.png

This pic has a little bit of everything: the contingents of Lakedaimon (Sparta), Ithaca, Pylos, even the badboy Myrmidons. Imo the Ithacan is ideal for a common archer. And of course I'm a fool for not finding 3D models of the Dendra Panoply until today, sorry :hammer2:

Most obsequious bowing and the barbecuing up of many a goat's savory thigh fat to the :bowdown: Almighty Toad, I am at your eternal mercy to submit this as a late entry to the Ancient Mycenaean Conquest Force :please:

Attachments

• 01 Spartan, Ithacan, Pylos underwear model, Myrmidon - by Giorgio Albertini.png
    01 Spartan, Ithacan, Pylos underwear model, Myrmidon - by Giorgio Albertini.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
  • 02 Dendra Armor by Benjin Pratt.png
    02 Dendra Armor by Benjin Pratt.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 03 Dendra Armor by Benjin Pratt.png
    03 Dendra Armor by Benjin Pratt.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • 04 Mycenaean Epsilon Axeman and Spearman.jpg
    04 Mycenaean Epsilon Axeman and Spearman.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 05 Mycenaean Spearman (isolated view).png
    05 Mycenaean Spearman (isolated view).png
    189.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 06 Mycenaean Spearman with cool helmet.jpg
    06 Mycenaean Spearman with cool helmet.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 29
Could these be fitting? I could upload or modify them some if you like. I thought with some tweaking, the helm could look like the left and right images from Tantanmen's underwear models.

Attachments

• HelmBoots_20210502_23-39-51.jpg
    HelmBoots_20210502_23-39-51.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 33
  • HelmBoots_20210502_23-40-09.jpg
    HelmBoots_20210502_23-40-09.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 36
I'm posting the two swordsmen I've got so far. At this rate it will take a couple weeks to do a proper lineup. I am anxious to get to the Stargate stuff.

Also, there is alternative versions without horns on the helmets. Also, a round shield instead of the 8.

I also spun the Minoan Galley around so it is facing the "right" way. Also, changed the hull texture to birds.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/mycenaean-swordsmen.28860/

This is some god-level 'demon armor,' thank you so much MightyToad!

Please by all means, let's put a bookmark in the Homeric Epics and dial up a wormhole into the SG Metaverse :rockon:

Excellent galley:hatsoff: and... I really like the "Mycenaean rapier" and the shiny scaly armor:woohoo:. He clearly looked like it - Homer describes it extensively.

Excellent. Can I suggest an idea? The main enemy of armored vehicles from the 60s is anti-tank missiles, but in Civilization 4 and mods, the case is limited to a unit with a "Javelin" . Meanwhile, it's pretty easy to create a whole new class of units. Self-propelled Anti-tank missile system-based on armored vehicles that are already in the mods (M113, VRDM, BMP-3, etc.), Similarly, there are models of heavy wearable ATGMs on the Internet. ("Tou", "Cornet", etc.)

That's not a bad idea at all. The animation set I made for the NOD stealth tank could if you disable the stealth effect (which is easy to do, just disable the damage texture) be easily used for such a unit.

That's not a bad idea at all. The animation set I made for the NOD stealth tank could if you disable the stealth effect (which is easy to do, just disable the damage texture) be easily used for such a unit.
I paid attention. :) At the same time, it turns out that there is no need to modify some platforms at all. There are more ready-made models of modern ATGMs than I thought - and "Krizantema", French "Mephisto", Chinese AFT-10 in a relatively low-poly version.

Top Bottom