Missouri Representative proposes tax on “violent” video games

What did say?

But who was phone?

Sorry, I don't recall the context precisely. Something about looking into it, not ignoring potential effects on young minds. Definitely not a priority, but it was mentioned.

If it's empty flapping I can forgive it ( even if it's infuriating, ) but I, with the tiny bit of power I hold as a swing state voter, will never forget or forgive anything substantial.

He shouldn't even countenance it.

Are you guys really so obtuse that you can't see the irony? It is pretty ironic, anyone can see that surely?

What I'm getting at is that Pat has answered pretty much every post he doesn't like, even ones (like that by hobbsyoyo) that don't state any position, with smug talk of irony and personal attacks. It's one thing to say that it's ironic to defend violent video games while pushing for gun control. It's quite another to be rude, abrasive, and using the word "irony" like you just learned it in school.

What I'm getting at is that Pat has answered pretty much every post he doesn't like, even ones (like that by hobbsyoyo) that don't state any position, with smug talk of irony and personal attacks. It's one thing to say that it's ironic to defend violent video games while pushing for gun control. It's quite another to be rude, abrasive, and using the word "irony" like you just learned it in school.

Ironic, isn't it?

Ironic, isn't it?

OH, THE IRONY! What you can't seem to comprehend, little Crezth, is that you are wrong and I am right. :p

I wonder what would happen if I put a magnet in this thread

pat how many people has the sims 3 killed

compared to say

guns

Missouri Repub just introduced a bill to tax games. Stay independent. Stay away from Missouri.

Fixed that for you

*goes into hiding, V might find this*

Why do Republicans love taxes so much?
I keep waiting for one of the right-wingers posting in this thread to point out the irony. :dunno:

He hasn't from what I've seen. Perhaps I missed it?
The local paper mentioned this morning that Obama would address the issue, especially since the NRA turned it into such a whipping boy.

Anyhow, I'm anxious to hear Patroklos weigh in on LaPierre's ridiculous blame game conference. Was the NRA wrong to do what they did in this case?
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

The NRA is wrong on video games.

I challenge you to find any instance where I blame gun violence on vido games, or give the NRA my unqualified universal support. I am ot even a member, though ihave attended an NRA certified firearms safety class.

Really? All I saw was 3 pages of butthurt posting because Pat said the truth. Guess that means he hit a nerve :cool:

People could object to the premises behind Pattycake's so-called "truth", but that doesn't seem to matter.

This thread is so ironic that hipsters should soon start appearing to post in this thread to ironically make fun of the mainstream. Because Irony.

Does anyone have any Pabst?

Pabst? How ironic!

The NRA is wrong on video games.

I challenge you to find any instance where I blame gun violence on vido games, or give the NRA my unqualified universal support. I am ot even a member, though ihave attended an NRA certified firearms safety class.

Fair enough, Patroklos.

Anyhow, 10,000,000 CDC study that will study the impact of violent media. *yawn* Non-event. That's a "yeah yeah, I'll humor your dumb pleb opinions" study.

It'll either find an extremely weak link ( probably no worse than playing football or getting in a loud argument with a friend ) or be a deeply flawed study. My common sense refuses to believe that security moms are right about anything.

And yet, one day they'll be the stopped clock and it will be that twice a day moment.

Top Bottom