[MLB] When will Bryce Harper debut in the bigs?

When will Bryce Harper come up to the bigs?

• Prior to Sept, 2011

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Sept call up 2011

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Breaks camp w/ the team in 2012

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometime in 2012

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Sept call up 2012

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Breaks camp w/ the team in 2013

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Sometime in 2013

• Sept call up 2013

• Will never make it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That would actually be skipping a level, (there are three levels of A ball; Short A, A, and A+; and Harper is in the middle one) but considering the post contacts stats, it is still a valid question.

4 of us got it :)

i was somewhat surprised they brought him up before June. iirc, there is something in the MLB cba that grants 1st time rookies extra service time if they get the initial call prior to June something-or-other. bottom line is that harper will have one less year of arbitration eligibility thus allowing him to hit the unrestricted FA market a year earlier...

I'm sure it was a calculated gamble. They're competitive. If they can make the playoffs and go far that will net them more $$ than the extra year they have to pay Harper on. Plus the additional revenue of having him up now vs. 1-2 months from now, etc...

I hope he and Strasburg stay healthy. Should be fun to watch.

Yeah, I've been surprised to see attendance is so low, given his buzz and the fact that the Nats are actually a pretty good baseball team. Maybe DC is too full of transplants who already have baseball teams?

Top Bottom