[MOD] Plot List Enhancement

[to_xp]Gekko said:
yep, that is exactly what I was trying to do , I had noticed that I had to replace some lines with the modified code and not just add it in.
but it gave problems anyway for some strange reason. anyway, now TheLopez is kindly doing it for me, and since he's a programmer, I'm not surprised he already succeeded in doing it :)
I still didn't get the chance to try it myself, but he said it works and he's testing it and it will be ready very soon.
thanks for your help Cammagno, the MainInterface file I needed was yours and not the original one , since I got the game clock mod in my mod, so you did help a lot :)

is your problem solved now? can I help?

12monkeys said:
is your problem solved now? can I help?

12monkeys, I figured out the issue he was having in his code. There were some merging issues but they are taken care of now.

:( Damnit :(

I planned to relase my update today, but I found a bug in the last second, which needs to be fixed first. So I have to move it another day. Stay tuned!

Do you want some help debugging the issue?

12monkeys said:
:( Damnit :(

I planned to relase my update today, but I found a bug in the last second, which needs to be fixed first. So I have to move it another day. Stay tuned!

Noooooooooooooooooo... damn you bug! :cry:

dampkring said:
Any idea on when this will be available?

The next one or two days. While fixing the above mentioned problem, I found another one. Its really a mess to create selection groups without having proper API functions. There is "only" two remaining topics to solve :
1.) selecting with alt-key and cargo'ed units.
2.) adding units to a selection group with shift-ctrl key hold.

The last two days I had not much time to code, because I have three little children with two of then ill (did you ever had a 4 month old baby with an inflammation of the conjunctiva, an inflammation of bronchi and more or less no voice due to all night coughing and crying? Terrible feeling, believe me!).

However, I think I can do some more lines tonight, so its poosibly released today or tomorrow.

Well, it seems I should have some more patience, sorry about that. :)

I hope your children start feeling better, and I look forward to the release.

thanks 12.

Alright 12Monkeys!!!! :goodjob:

12monkeys said:
Feedback is very much appreciated!

1. How hard would it be to add a mouse-over selection option. For example, if I held down Shift+Lclick any unit picture I scrolled over in the plot list would become selected, or deselected. (letting off LClick when I wanted to start or stop selecting.)

This would be nice as it would enable fast selection/deselection of desire units, along with the select options you've already included.

2. Also, I've noticed that the number of units displayed in a row is calculated by the screen resolution being used. Is there any way that this could be configurable in the ini file? For example, the number of units diplayed in a row, and the size of the actual pictures displayed. This way the user could manually configure the display if so desired.

I was able to change how many units I displayed in a row in python but found that in doing so, without somehow changing the size of the pictures, the units displayed went out of the "display area" ending up behind other interface buttons.

3. And last, what would need to be done to get this so it could be used during multiplayer games?

Thanks,

dampkring

12Monkey,

I have deleted your PlotList 0.95 today in order to add your new PlotList 2.0.

Something is confusing though;
1) CvMainInterface.py is untouched by your Mod, instead you are Using PLEMainInterface.py, but which file is actually pointing to this file?

2) What is this PlotListEnhancements-2.0 under Asset folder?

3) Do I have to add the content of PlotListEnhancements.ini to my Mod.ini or is it enough placing PlotListEnhancements.ini to my Mod main folder?

Thanks alot
Houman

Houman said:
Something is confusing though;
1) CvMainInterface.py is untouched by your Mod, instead you are Using PLEMainInterface.py, but which file is actually pointing to this file?

I decided not to mod the CvMainInterface, as I did in the previous version, but to create a new interface file. The reference is done in the file \entrypoints\CvScreensInterface.py. Just look for the "12monkeys" comments in it. This makes it easier, to "switch" between different interface mods. All you need is to change the reference in the CvScreensInterface.

[EDIT]Remark :
I should add, that I commented all changed line in the PLEMainInterface.py. So it is quite easy to merge it with another moded CvMainInterface.py. Just look for the comments "12monkeys".

Houman said:
2) What is this PlotListEnhancements-2.0 under Asset folder?

Did you mean the CustomAssets\art\PlotListEnhancements directory? I put all the dds files (grahics) in there. In the previous version I put them into a common folder. I thought it is more sorted and clear to have an own one for them.

Houman said:
3) Do I have to add the content of PlotListEnhancements.ini to my Mod.ini or is it enough placing PlotListEnhancements.ini to my Mod main folder?
You cant add them contents to you own mod.ini without changing the code. The ini file name is fixed. But its quite easy to do so, if you like. Just open the PLEMainInterface.py and look for the actual ini file name and replace it with you r own one. There is only one line to change :
PHP:
config = CvConfigParser.CvConfigParser("PlotListEnhancements.ini")
But you have to ensure, that the chapter names in the file are kept. If this is not possible, just change them as well (same file, same method). Example :
Actual :
PHP:
self.CFG_MOVE_HIGHLIGHTER_ENABLED = config.getboolean( "General", "Move Highlighter Enabled", true )

New :
PHP:
self.CFG_MOVE_HIGHLIGHTER_ENABLED = config.getboolean( "New Chapter", "Move Highlighter Enabled", true )

Top Bottom