More Wonders

Hi Pouakai,
Anno Domini mod uses many ancient wonders having simple arts. I've just redone one of them quickly, but you and Sukritact might do wonderful things. Add these wonders to your to-do list ;)

Thanks for the heads up - Ancient wonders are a bit of a difficulty for me, since I use Photos for the splash screens and often the ancient wonders are ruined, so modern photos don't show it in the full glory. I'll definitely check it out though

Hi Pouakai, brilliant wonders and I hope you keep them coming!

I had an idea for an additional mod used in conjunction with your wonders. Would it be possible to create a mod where all your mods are grouped together by era or designation (culture/faith/science etc) and during game set-up the player could decide how many of each group they would like to be randomly added to their game.

I love your wonders but I find using them all in conjunction a bit much, and pre-selecting the ones in my next game too constructed. I believe this variety would liven up the game, making players adjust to the luck of the draw.

Of course I don't know if this is even possible nor do I have the skill to attempt such an undertaking. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention and if you or anyone decided it was worth a go it would be much appreciated.

Once again, great job!:goodjob:

London Eye

The London Eye is a large ferris wheel located on the bank of the Thames River in the centre of London, England. When it opened in March 2000 it was the tallest Ferris Wheel in the world, with a height of 135 metres. This was also the tallest viewing deck in London until 2013, when it was passed by the Shard. Although now surpassed by other Ferris Wheels in Singapore and China for total height, the London Eye remains not only the world's tallest cantilevered observation wheel, but also an icon of the London skyline. Ingame, the London Eye provides +1 :c5gold: Gold for every :c5citizen: citizen in the city, +5 :c5happy: happiness and +5 :c5gold: Gold, while it requires Ecology. The London Eye can be downloaded either from Steam Workshop Here or via the CivFanatics Download Database here.

Spoiler Screenshots :

Hi Pouakai, brilliant wonders and I hope you keep them coming!

I had an idea for an additional mod used in conjunction with your wonders. Would it be possible to create a mod where all your mods are grouped together by era or designation (culture/faith/science etc) and during game set-up the player could decide how many of each group they would like to be randomly added to their game.

I love your wonders but I find using them all in conjunction a bit much, and pre-selecting the ones in my next game too constructed. I believe this variety would liven up the game, making players adjust to the luck of the draw.

Of course I don't know if this is even possible nor do I have the skill to attempt such an undertaking. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention and if you or anyone decided it was worth a go it would be much appreciated.

Once again, great job!:goodjob:
This is certainly doable. The tricky part would be identifying which wonders belong to this mod and can be disabled. After that you could set the PrereqTech property of any wonder you want to 'disappear' to FUTURE_TECH in SequenceGameInitComplete. I can't *promise* that would work but it should get you/me/us on the right track.

After that you could set the PrereqTech property of any wonder you want to 'disappear' to FUTURE_TECH ...

Unfortunately this is not as simple as it sounds, as once the game is running (basically once your Lua code is executing) the database is read only, as the key structures are cached within the C++ core. So while you can set PrereqTech to something else via DB.Query() and read it back with DB.Query() using GameInfo.Buildings[].PrereqTech will return the old value - and that's also the value used by the game core :(

No the cache is in C++ in-memory objects. And even if it was in that cache, the lua io library is disabled

Pouakai
are you going to update for BNW ?

it is clear from the info we are getting ,it going to be like a new game & WOW what a lot of work
you have for yourself ,if you convert all of these :eek:
BSR

Top Bottom