Multi Player bugs and crashes - After the 16th of May

Given the stream names are all NULL are you sure they are not in order within each stream (or at least that that is the first thing that isn't)? With the bugged stream names I don't think there is much clarity here - best just get another set once that is fixed I think.
I stripped out the line numbers and ran it through Tortoise Diff which aligns according to the log message and the random results. Then you see quite easily what only happened on one or the other computer.
With the different random streams it does not descend into complete chaos as fast as it used to.

Ok, so this is a good example, perhaps, of whatever is causing hangs in all our games.

This should be repeatable. Unfortunately, it's a multi-player game, thus I'm posting it here.

We didn't have any oos errors on the multi-threading but ran across a hang similar to this until we put the threads in use down to 1. Then we ran into this one.

What appears to be happening is a cycle through an AI player evaluating what to build, determining a unit, and apparently then looking at where said unit would potentially found a city. I have a feeling its having some trouble with that. It then cycles back around through the whole sequence. Infinite loop but a complex one and it goes through too much of the kind of territory I have no idea what's taking place.

So I'm posting this for Koshling/AIAndy to take a look at.

We're also starting to get OOS errors every round but that's another issue and I'll have to compile the OOS error logs to post later. This bug, however, is gamebreaking and I imagine its messing with the single player games fairly extensively as well.

Attachments

• Hang.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
Rev 5603. Immediate OOS after founding of the first city. Doesn't matter if pipelines is set to 1 or 2 and its consistent over different start maps, starting cultures or settings. Logs and savegame attached.

View attachment 353214

Now the multi-threading has stabilized has anyone tried an MP game with it? If so any problems (and therefore logs to look at)?

We were going to over the weekend but ran out of time. We may well try this weekend and have some new reports for ya then. It's really appreciated that you're working on it so we gotta step up and give you the material you need for sure!

Ok so last and year and the early this year hotseat was fine. But now since 2013 spring the first human player in the hotseat does not get to use many of the auto features on units. If the first player dies then the next human in the hotseat game inherits the problem and the buttons will no longer show.

1. No Auto unit upgrade or promotions
2. Only auto hunt works or automate worker.
3. Cant auto patrol, or pillage etc.

Can someone please look into this. If you need me to upload a game let me know. I always use the latest SVN version. Must be something changed in the coding it never use to be an issues. I have made a few posts regarding this mut no response. I only play hotseat or direct IP.

Top Bottom