Multi Player bugs and crashes - After the 16th of May

Please report all multi player bugs and crashes from the 26th of May 2013 (release v30 = SVN ????)

When posting a an OOS, a bug or a crash please include
The version of C2C you are using;

The logs from all computers (especially the OoS log in the BtS exe folder and the random log in the normal Civ Logs folder).​

I'm playing rev30. I'm including an OOS log from turn 470, though there have been several OOS errors and I have more logs if desired. Let me know if I can provide more information to help.

To follow up, the problem appears to be specifically with hunters winning combats. These are very heavily promoted units, so I'm not sure if it's a particular problem with the unit or the promotion interactions, but the problem does not seem to occur with trackers or melee units.

Attachments

• OOS log.zip
    662.4 KB · Views: 40
Another bug - I cannot load a multiplayer game at all any longer. I can load a single player game, but neither a saved game nor a new start work. Attaching a python error log.

Attachments

• PythonErr2.txt
    11 KB · Views: 38
Apparently some of the latest adjustments to the dll have invited, as feared, a host of new OOS issues. We were doing fairly ok irt OOS problems and bugs in our multi-player game (since we had REV off) with the exception of a repeatable ctd I knew I had to repair. But now, that's fixed, and upon entry of the game in most cases we're now OOS and if not right on entry, it happens as soon as we pass a turn, reliably.

Here's some logs in part 1 (misc logs) and part 2 (random logs and OOS logs) from our game tonight. Just taking a snapshot of what happens between one round.

Ah... we were doing so well on this one :(

Apparently some of the latest adjustments to the dll have invited, as feared, a host of new OOS issues. We were doing fairly ok irt OOS problems and bugs in our multi-player game (since we had REV off) with the exception of a repeatable ctd I knew I had to repair. But now, that's fixed, and upon entry of the game in most cases we're now OOS and if not right on entry, it happens as soon as we pass a turn, reliably.

Here's some logs in part 1 (misc logs) and part 2 (random logs and OOS logs) from our game tonight. Just taking a snapshot of what happens between one round.

Can you pin down from the logs where it loses sync (you have more experience with OOS logs than I do)?

In 'A_New_dawn_GlobalDefines.xml' you'll find (at the end) a new def for how many pipeline threads to use. See if setting that to 1 (makes it single threaded) impacts the OOS issue. The design should be OOS-safe, but it's certainly an area where there may be subtleties, so making this check would at least eliminate some possibilities.

Whenever I've tried to look at the logs to pin down where it takes place I come up with some grand theory and its NOTHING like what AIAndy then subsequently finds and repairs. lol. I can take a look but don't count on me being of all that much use there. Andy's much better at that than I.

Thanks for the idea on how to approach it though. I'll find out later tonight if it works or not.

I have a bunch of OOS logs too, if they're needed for nailing down the issue

They're always helpful. Make it a matter of practiced habit to post them all. The more people posting OOS reports the more likely we are to get an OOS free mod!

Here are some from both players in the game.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 35

I can't persuade Mediafire to let me download these without it wanting to install a download manager (which I'm not going to let I do!). Can you attach them here or else email them to me?

I can't persuade Mediafire to let me download these without it wanting to install a download manager (which I'm not going to let I do!). Can you attach them here or else email them to me?

Really? Mediafire never asked for that before... ah well... I've emailed them to you. (I'm running out of upload space on the site here and would have to go on a hunt and destroy mission to free up some room...)

I'm running out of upload space on the site here and would have to go on a hunt and destroy mission to free up some room...

That i why I like the different post for bugs for each release. I can just delete all attachments in old bug threads without worries.

Ok, I adjusted the value in the globals as you suggested and it worked like a charm. We had 2 OOS events over the course of a couple hundred turns. I can report the first one for the record later but it went to show that your suggestion did function well for us.

Ok, I adjusted the value in the globals as you suggested and it worked like a charm. We had 2 OOS events over the course of a couple hundred turns. I can report the first one for the record later but it went to show that your suggestion did function well for us.

It's not a fix though - its just a workaround and it means we are no longer getting testing, so we really need to figure out where the OOS is arising from the logs.

Sure, and I got your pm. Again, if I can, I'll look into it tonight (and/or tomorrow). I'm a bit with you on needing some proper guidance in using the logs to FIND the problem. AIAndy had once suggested putting in place a more pinpointing mechanism for finding the OOS occurrence. So it is notably a weak tracking system as it is. But somehow he manages to trace things down pretty well.

Adding all my error logs from today - the game is going OOS about every other turn. It seems to happen fairly frequently when there are ambushers or criminals involved, but that may be coincidence.

Attachments

• Log.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
Adding all my error logs from today - the game is going OOS about every other turn. It seems to happen fairly frequently when there are ambushers or criminals involved, but that may be coincidence.

Latest SVN or V30?

Latest SVN (and we tried your fix above regarding the globals)

Ok, if that didn't work it mean you're probably hitting an OOS issue that isn't related to the city changes

Edit - your logs show it going out of sync during a unit move, so it's definitely not the city stuff. However, I cannot diagnose further without the RandomLogger logs, which you have not included (should be called 'RandomLogger - Player 0 - Set <some number>', and similarly for Player 1)

I don't see that log, and I thought I had all the logging options turned on. I'll play another few turns and see if I can generate it.

Top Bottom