Music is not playing and 2K difficult to engage

Got it going now :)

This whole thing is embarrassing. How do you release a patch with this glaring of a bug? It is something you notice within 5 mins of starting a game but it was allowed to be released and it has been over 2 weeks with no fix. Total clown show over there it seems.

This whole thing is embarrassing. How do you release a patch with this glaring of a bug? It is something you notice within 5 mins of starting a game but it was allowed to be released and it has been over 2 weeks with no fix. Total clown show over there it seems.
A lot of these QA has probably like 10k hours or more in the game, I can imagine the sound might be turned off when it is not explicitly mentioned as something to test.

We should probably avoid personal attacks against the developers. I'm sure that they overwhelmingly try their best to make good products. Nobody's perfect.
Well said

We should probably avoid personal attacks against the developers. I'm sure that they overwhelmingly try their best to make good products. Nobody's perfect.
From what I've heard, the LP dev team seems to be a skeleton crew made up of relatively inexperienced devs. Some people claim that the LP dev team doesn't even have full access to .dll files for the game. It's quite possible that they're not sure exactly what change broke the music.

From what I've heard, the LP dev team seems to be a skeleton crew made up of relatively inexperienced devs. Some people claim that the LP dev team doesn't even have full access to .dll files for the game. It's quite possible that they're not sure exactly what change broke the music.
Where exactly do you have this from, out of curiosity? :)

I wouldn't class Mightymagyar's comment as a personal attack. It's not aimed at an individual, but at the company. When people have spent a lot of money on a game, they expect it to work to a functional level, including the baseline visuals and music etc. They don't expect it to stop working for no good reason; and included in those no good reasons is updates like the LP. I like everything the LP added, but I'd rather not have it (or rather the last dlc of it), were the music bug never fixed. This is not unreasonable, and it's not unreasonable to express it in strong terms when the response from those who can fix it is lukewarm.

I wouldn't class Mightymagyar's comment as a personal attack. It's not aimed at an individual, but at the company. When people have spent a lot of money on a game, they expect it to work to a functional level, including the baseline visuals and music etc. They don't expect it to stop working for no good reason; and included in those no good reasons is updates like the LP. I like everything the LP added, but I'd rather not have it (or rather the last dlc of it), were the music bug never fixed. This is not unreasonable, and it's not unreasonable to express it in strong terms when the response from those who can fix it is lukewarm.
I was more responding to @Ashbery76's post.

Moderator Action: Please return to topic and post with civility towards each other and the game developers. Discussing each other is trolling.

Personal attacks are not OK, but I don't think there is any evidence of the company 'overwhelmingly trying their best'.

There are clearly significant institutional and organizational problems at Firaxis that give rise to these issues. I would imagine it's like most corporations - people at the bottom wanting to do well, with problems being created by the board due to poor decision-making and unwillingness to fund low-prestige core departments.

People have been talking about Civ 7 here, but the recent work of the company, e.g. the Leader expansion and the NFP, has made me less likely to buy future products. I've liked the core ideas but not the execution, and the QA has been unacceptably poor. But I understand that bad QA is hardly ever because of QA testers themselves, rather because of a lack of funding and personnel.

Basically, the company, ie. the board of directors and stakeholders, have damaged the brand and product for me.

I would hesitate to do business with them, just as I would hesitate to buy future products unless they improve significantly - from the top, not the bottom.

What makes our lives easier, as moderators, is for you all to stay on topic and not discuss moderation issues in thread, as that only serves to derail the thread. The forum has a report post function and if you think someone has/is being uncivil or overly harsh, report it so staff can have a look.

Look now, we are discussing moderation instead of Music not Playing.......

Moderator Action: Back to topic please.

While we wait, I downloaded the workshop fix. It's not a complete fix and the modder basically had to brute force the music for every civ. This is not a simple bug as we might think. I have no doubt that it will get fixed. But It will likely take a lot longer than people are willing to wait.

I almost hate to say it, but I'm kind of starting to think that maybe they should have stopped after the Gathering Storm expansion? I was excited about the NF Pass at first, and all the new game modes, but a lot of them just introduced a ton of bugs that took forever to get fixed. And now the same thing is happening again with the Leader Pass.

Moderator Action: Several rude and uncivil posts have been deleted as well as the responses. The devs are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. It will be available when it's available as we don't really know the extent of what's required to correct the bug. Please be patient and keep the discussion civil and on topic.

Top Bottom