Japan (Itsuki Lullaby) - 13
Khmer (Khmer Rourm Sam Mawgee) - 9
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 19
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 11
Persia (Kereshme + Reng-e Shalakhu) - 18
Russia (Kalinka) - 16
Scotland (Scotland the Brave; Bonnie Dundee) - 13
Scythia (Original composition) - 19
Spain (Recuerdos de la Alhambra) - 1 (=4 - 3) - The weakest of the remaining tunes.
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti Asizomlanda, Bayisa, Halala, Shaka Mamba) - 17 (=16 + 1) - Certain people seem to be under the mistaken impression that this is enjoying some runaway success, but that's simply not true - it's now in joint sixth place, and deserves to be much higher. This is by quite some margin my favourite set of themes. The vocals blend and evolve from a peaceful start, to a more urgent tempo when your Impi go a-conquering in the Middle Ages, to a triumphant orchestral crescendo in the Industrial. Not even the ill-advised autotune of the Atomic Era can take away from that.

America (Hard Times Come Again No More) - 2
Cree (The Drums of Poundmaker) - 9 = 12-3 Begone foul beast. My mision to remove this before I stop voting.
Georgia (Shen Khar Venakhi; Tsaiqvanes Tamar Kali) - 17
India (Vaishnav Jana to tene) - 16
Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 20
Japan (Itsuki Lullaby) - 14 = 13+1 A bit weak collection of music left. Almost feels like the ranking list needs to be turned upside down to be relevant. All the good music is gone.
Khmer (Khmer Rourm Sam Mawgee) - 9
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 11
Russia (Kalinka) - 16
Spain (Recuerdos de la Alhambra) - 1
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti Asizomlanda, Bayisa, Halala, Shaka Mamba) - 17

America (Hard Times Come Again No More) - 4 - It seems Americans find it hard to believe some people might find this track nauseating. Just look at Trump if you want to see why.

I wasn't going to call you out... but a statement like that just makes me feel more certain than ever. You're not voting against Hard Times Come Again No More. You're voting against America. And not the American Civ in Civilization 6, you're voting against the real world America.

I have never in my life heard a song that made me feel nauseated. Sights, smells and tastes make you feel that way, not sound. There is no song on here, even the ones I vote against that I would describe that way. Trump had nothing to do with the theme music in Civ 6 and your opinions of him are irrelevant.

It's your right to vote in this thread every day like clockwork. It's your right to vote consistently for one theme and against another. I think it spoils the fun of the game if you don't vary your vote a little and it feels against the spirit of the game, but it's your right.

I'm proud to be an American, I'll admit I give the American Civ a little extra credit because of it. I also give a little extra credit to the Civs representing where my ancestors came from, and I know other people on these forums feel a certain pride for the representations of their homelands, that's all fine. Trashing someone else's home though is not cool. I'm happy to see so many people voting for this theme. Nothing survives an elimination thread for this length of time, this close to death. In addition to the real merits of the music we're voting for, I'm sure a lot of people are voting to counteract your vendetta and that feels good. Anyone who's voting against Hard Times Come Again No More for substantive reasons, I respect that, but unless you think this is the right rank for the theme to be eliminated at, would you hold off so we can counteract this political attack?

America (Hard Times Come Again No More) - 3 =(2+1) - National pride aside, it is a really well done piece of music and definitely deserves to go further. I'll keep voting it up as long as I can.

Cree (The Drums of Poundmaker) - 9
Japan (Itsuki Lullaby) - 14
Khmer (Khmer Rourm Sam Mawgee) - 6 =(9-3) Not my favorite, feels too cheery for what I'm looking for in a theme.
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 11
Russia (Kalinka) - 16

America (Hard Times Come Again No More) - 3 - 3 = ELIMINATED Became tired of it especially given that its industrial theme was used for the First Look music before the game's initial release
Khmer (Khmer Rourm Sam Mawgee) - 6 + 1 = 7 Not going down without a fight
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 11
Russia (Kalinka) - 16

Khmer (Khmer Rourm Sam Mawgee) - 7
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 16 (19 - 3) - Good one, but not above Persia, Zulu, or Georgia.
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 11
Russia (Kalinka) - 16
Scotland (Scotland the Brave; Bonnie Dundee) - 14 (13 + 1) - Back to upvoting this. I've run out of new reasons though.

Cree (The Drums of Poundmaker) - 10 (9+1) Original and inspiring. Definitely should be top ten.
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 16
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 11
Russia (Kalinka) - 16
Scotland (Scotland the Brave; Bonnie Dundee) - 11 (14 -3) I actually like this one, but the competition is getting fierce

Cree (The Drums of Poundmaker) - 10
Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 17 (20-3... good, not great, and therefore should not be the top theme...)
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 17 (16+1... Consistently great theme throughout the eras, unlike some who have only one or two great variations)
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 11
Russia (Kalinka) - 16
Scotland (Scotland the Brave; Bonnie Dundee) - 11

Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 17
Japan (Itsuki Lullaby) - 15 = 14 + 1. I've said all I can about about it. I think it's the best one.
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 17
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 11
Russia (Kalinka) - 16
Scythia (Original composition) - 16 = 19 - 3. I like this one a lot. However there are better ones out there so it shouldn't be in the lead.

Cree (The Drums of Poundmaker) - 10 + 1 = 11 - This is the only theme I listen to on youtube when I'm not even playing civ.
Georgia (Shen Khar Venakhi; Tsaiqvanes Tamar Kali) - 17-3 = 14 - Very good for the first few minutes, but gets pretty old and repetitive quickly - doesn't deserve to be this high.

Japan (Itsuki Lullaby) - 15
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 11
Russia (Kalinka) - 16
Scythia (Original composition) - 16

America is gone, and even before Spain, which sounds too much like a romantic film in later eras :-( R.I.P. You fought well.
America (Hard Times Come Again No More) - 4 - It seems Americans find it hard to believe some people might find this track nauseating. Just look at Trump if you want to see why.
First, I'm not American person. And I don't know how Trump has anything to do with the theme. It isn't about him, and he isn't even in the game.

Cree (The Drums of Poundmaker) - 11
Georgia (Shen Khar Venakhi; Tsaiqvanes Tamar Kali) - 14
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 11
Russia (Kalinka) - 16
Scythia (Original composition) - 16+1=17 - Great evolution of the theme through eras - it shows us story of how ancient horde of steppe nomads has built a great and impressive civilization. Also, the duduk is so good. One of my favourite themes in Vanilla. It also gets bonus points from me for sounding somewhat darker than other themes. I like darker themes (gotta give an upvote to Mongolia and Japan some day).
Spain (Recuerdos de la Alhambra) - 1-3=-2 (ELIMINATED) - The medieval version is perfect, but as I said above, it sounds too much like a romantic film in industrial and atomic versions.

Cree (The Drums of Poundmaker) - 11
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 8 (11-3; Weakest of the remaining themes.)
Russia (Kalinka) - 16
Scotland (Scotland the Brave; Bonnie Dundee) - 12 (11+1; For the bagpipes.)
Scythia (Original composition) -17

Moderator Action: Once a civ's theme is eliminated, please do not continue discussion about that civ or its theme.

Cree (The Drums of Poundmaker) - (11+1)=12 It deserves to hang on for longer. I don't mind the chanting. And no it's not a "foul beast".:rolleyes: I think you need to have your ears checked. :p Or listen to more Native American chanting.....
India (Vaishnav Jana to tene) - (16-3)=13 My least favorite out of the remaining themes (I'm missing a sitar, and maybe vocals would have helped it to stand in my mind more). A non-music reason is that it reminds me how India is still very much the "Gandhi Civ".
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 8
Russia (Kalinka) - 16
Scotland (Scotland the Brave; Bonnie Dundee) - 12

Cree (The Drums of Poundmaker) - 12
India (Vaishnav Jana to tene) - 13 - 3 = 10 -- of what's left this is probably my least favorite. I think it could be better if the tempo wasn't all over the place.
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 8
Russia (Kalinka) - 16
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti Asizomlanda, Bayisa, Halala, Shaka Mamba) - 17 + 1 = 18 -- this most definitely deserves top spot. It's one of the few in which every version is fantastic.

Yeesh, I leave for two days and this thread goes to the crazies!

Cree (The Drums of Poundmaker) - 12 + 1 = 13. Fantastic, each era unique and a natural evolution.
India (Vaishnav Jana to tene) - 10
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 8
Persia (Kereshme + Reng-e Shalakhu) - 18 - 3 = 15. Really don't get the love for this one in light of the fact that it is a sad shadow of the Civ 5 Persia arrangement.
Russia (Kalinka) - 16
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti Asizomlanda, Bayisa, Halala, Shaka Mamba) - 18

Cree (The Drums of Poundmaker) - 10 (13 - 3) I appreciate the vocals but this theme has too much of it and I find it quite distracting as a result.
India (Vaishnav Jana to tene) - 11 (10 + 1) Probably my favourite Industrial Era theme.
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 8
Persia (Kereshme + Reng-e Shalakhu) - 15
Russia (Kalinka) - 16

India (Vaishnav Jana to tene) - 11.
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 8-3=5 - I like this theme, but I think it may be a bit repetative.
Persia (Kereshme + Reng-e Shalakhu) - 15+1=16 - Beautiful theme which creates visions of glorious and prosperous Middle-Eastern Empire. When I hear the Atomic version, at first I imagine a caravan approaching the city under the last stars of the night, and then the rising sun spreads light over magnificent Persepolis - city of numerous wonders. Truly inspires to create the civilization which will stand the test of time.:king:
Russia (Kalinka) - 16

Last edited by a moderator:
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 5
Persia (Kereshme + Reng-e Shalakhu) - 17 (16 + 1) -- Apparently I should be downvoting this one since I dislike the Ayatollah, but I guess I'll just upvote it for that glorious santur. :mischief: I agree with Sinahurib: Persia's music is majestic and evocative, and unlike most of the tacky Atomic themes this one remains fantastic in the Atomic era.
Russia (Kalinka) - 16
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti Asizomlanda, Bayisa, Halala, Shaka Mamba) - 15 (18 - 3) -- A very middle-of-the-road theme that is not the best music in the game by a longshot.

Cree (The Drums of Poundmaker) - 10+1=11 Saving this one. It shouldn't be this far down since the Atomic Theme is my favorite.

Nubia (Allah Musau) - 5-3=2 Least inspiring one left.
Persia (Kereshme + Reng-e Shalakhu) - 17
Russia (Kalinka) - 16
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti Asizomlanda, Bayisa, Halala, Shaka Mamba) - 15

Hope I didn't cause too much confusion with my last post, I probably should've checked if someone posted during the time I was writing my post.

Cree (The Drums of Poundmaker) - 11 + 1 = 12 I used to think this theme was just okay but now I've definitely warmed up to its uniqueness and since its one of the better themes with the lowest score I'll give it a nice boost.
Georgia (Shen Khar Venakhi; Tsaiqvanes Tamar Kali) - 14 I was tempted to up-vote this one but the Cree needed it more at this time. It is a great theme though so I'll probably up-vote it later if need be.
Nubia (Allah Musau) - 2 - 3 = 0 Eliminated Again, I don't have any problems with the theme and I do enjoy listening to it from time to time, its just the weakest choice of the remaining ones and we're getting to the part where some tough choices will have to be made.
Persia (Kereshme + Reng-e Shalakhu) - 17 I decided not to up-vote for it this time since this one doesn't need as much of an immediate boost as the Cree, but it is one of my favorite remaining themes and I'd love to see it in the top 5.
Russia (Kalinka) - 16
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti Asizomlanda, Bayisa, Halala, Shaka Mamba) - 15

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom