My screenshot gallery from Civilization V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azazell, you've done us a great favor! Thx a lot!!! And yes, I already decided 100% to buy the game ;)

You must buy! :D Game is greaT. Firaxis Games created very cool strategy game!

There is only one big question left for me:
Can you tell us how Social Policies work, especially if you can change the decision for a SP? Can you change your government from "fascism" to "democracy"?

Thx in advance!

Hmmm No.

Now is 10 category social polices. And when collect points of culture, you allow this points for chosen one civics in the category of social polices. Similar to the tech tree..(sorry for my english).. Look the picture.

Thanks a lot for these screenshots, Azazell! :) I will have to update the gallery here with them soon!

Hmmm No.

Now is 10 category social polices. And when collect points of culture, you allow this points for chosen one civics in the category of social polices. Similar to the tech tree..(sorry for my english).. Look the picture.

Thanks for the fast answer! :thumbsup:

So if we choose any social policy, this decision is forever? If we choose piety, we can never switch to the opposite (rationalism if I remember it right)?

I know the pictures, I just hoped you can switch, because some interviewer said "You can switch, but you'll have anarchy". And there are pictures where it seems that you can still unlock "rationalism" although you have invested points in "piety".

Well, I'll probably learn to live with that, although I hope there will be a mod for this soon :sad:

So which pairs are mutually exclusive?

Liberty and Autocracy
Piety and Rationalism
Freedom and Autocracy (this one may be questioned)

And are there some policies, which have negative effects?

As we know - no.

And once you have unlocked the tree, you are free to adopt its policies without any further technology requirements?

As we know - yes. Requirements are for trees.

If we choose piety, we can never switch to the opposite (rationalism if I remember it right)?

I started thinking of it as further specialization, which can be chosen some time after the start. This makes me look at this positively :lol:

@stealth:

Yes, the idea is actually good. The fact that your Civ has a certain tradition which builds up over time (for instance the positive attitude the Americans have towards guns due to the wild west age, or the hate Austrians have for their army since they lost almost every war they were in AFAIK ;) ) is realistic and nice.

But this should come in addition to switchable government forms and not as replacement!

France is a good example: they had all kinds of governments, but regardless of this they were always focused on culture and military. Or the industrial tradition germany always had, regardless of the actual government.

(Sorry for simplifications and prejudices, those were just random examples - no offense intended ;) )

Yes, I want to see switching governments too, but in totally different manner than before - I don't like previous civ revolutions really.

This picture got my attention because the city shown there is Helsinki. For those who don't know it's the capital city of Finland. How on earth is that in the game? :crazyeye: Is there some Scandinavian civilization in the game or could Helsinki be a city state? Or was this a city created by a human player?

Well anyway, it's supercool to see Helsinki there. :goodjob: (I'm Finnish if you didn't figure that out already :lol: )

This picture got my attention because the city shown there is Helsinki. For those who don't know it's the capital city of Finland. How on earth is that in the game? :crazyeye: Is there some Scandinavian civilization in the game or could Helsinki be a city state? Or was this a city created by a human player?

Well anyway, it's supercool to see Helsinki there. :goodjob: (I'm Finnish if you didn't figure that out already :lol: )
Helsinki is a city state, like Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm. See the thread with confirmed features for a full list of all city states.

Absolutely fantastic screen shots! Also, I liked your Polish preview... Google Translator worked just fine for me. Nice thoughts.

I'm also very curious about the Special abilities of Siam and Ottomans. Plus, it'd be nice to know the strength of the B-17, Longbowmen, Samurai, and the Mohawk Warriors. :)

Arioch's done a great job, too. Maybe you could take some more screen shots from the Civpedia about Social Policies? Most of us don't know what the Rationalism and Commerce policies do.

Thank you so much for sharing!

WhAT!! What about tessellation!?

I suspect that the ingame leader animations(diplomacy etc) will benefit the most from this, and dx11 in general. World map and units will be where there won't be a great difference, atleast that we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom