1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

My screenshot gallery from Civilization V

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Azazell, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azazell

Azazell Prince

You must buy! :D Game is greaT. Firaxis Games created very cool strategy game!

Hmmm No.

Now is 10 category social polices. And when collect points of culture, you allow this points for chosen one civics in the category of social polices. Similar to the tech tree..(sorry for my english).. Look the picture.

2. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

Thanks a lot for these screenshots, Azazell! :) I will have to update the gallery here with them soon!

3. CommanderZ

CommanderZ Warlord

So which pairs are mutually exclusive? And are there some policies, which have negative effects? And once you have unlocked the tree, you are free to adopt its policies without any further technology requirements?

4. Tomice

Tomice Passionate Smart-Ass

Thanks for the fast answer! :thumbsup:

So if we choose any social policy, this decision is forever? If we choose piety, we can never switch to the opposite (rationalism if I remember it right)?

I know the pictures, I just hoped you can switch, because some interviewer said "You can switch, but you'll have anarchy". And there are pictures where it seems that you can still unlock "rationalism" although you have invested points in "piety".

Well, I'll probably learn to live with that, although I hope there will be a mod for this soon :sad:

5. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Liberty and Autocracy
    Piety and Rationalism
    Freedom and Autocracy (this one may be questioned)

As we know - no.

As we know - yes. Requirements are for trees.

6. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Shame. It's such a nicely placed city. So lovely between two rivers. :(

7. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

I started thinking of it as further specialization, which can be chosen some time after the start. This makes me look at this positively :lol:

8. Tomice

Sorry double post -my connection is strangely laggy today!

9. Tomice

@stealth:

Yes, the idea is actually good. The fact that your Civ has a certain tradition which builds up over time (for instance the positive attitude the Americans have towards guns due to the wild west age, or the hate Austrians have for their army since they lost almost every war they were in AFAIK ;) ) is realistic and nice.

But this should come in addition to switchable government forms and not as replacement!

France is a good example: they had all kinds of governments, but regardless of this they were always focused on culture and military. Or the industrial tradition germany always had, regardless of the actual government.

(Sorry for simplifications and prejudices, those were just random examples - no offense intended ;) )

10. Azazell

Azazell Prince

Sure! :) It is my pleasure

11. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Yes, I want to see switching governments too, but in totally different manner than before - I don't like previous civ revolutions really.

12. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

Finally, some screenshots that actually get me pumped for this game to come out.

13. marioflag

marioflag History Addict

Azazell could u tell us the number of turns for every game speed? I'm particularly interested in the slower one.

14. Schuesseled

Schuesseled Deity

Thats the grand mesa.

--

@marioflag Jungles are great for developing medicines, anti toxins, stuff like that, it aint all trees you know.

15. aajiix

aajiix Chieftain

This picture got my attention because the city shown there is Helsinki. For those who don't know it's the capital city of Finland. How on earth is that in the game? :crazyeye: Is there some Scandinavian civilization in the game or could Helsinki be a city state? Or was this a city created by a human player?

Well anyway, it's supercool to see Helsinki there. :goodjob: (I'm Finnish if you didn't figure that out already :lol: )

16. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Helsinki is a city state, like Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm. See the thread with confirmed features for a full list of all city states.

17. aajiix

aajiix Chieftain

Oh, I hadn't noticed that. :blush: But great news, can't wait to bump into it in the game. :D

18. Nicolas10

Nicolas10 Warlord

Absolutely fantastic screen shots! Also, I liked your Polish preview... Google Translator worked just fine for me. Nice thoughts.

I'm also very curious about the Special abilities of Siam and Ottomans. Plus, it'd be nice to know the strength of the B-17, Longbowmen, Samurai, and the Mohawk Warriors. :)

Arioch's done a great job, too. Maybe you could take some more screen shots from the Civpedia about Social Policies? Most of us don't know what the Rationalism and Commerce policies do.

Thank you so much for sharing!

19. crismac

crismac Warlord

:eek: Wow Azazell,I just got off work and see this :thanx: so much.If there was a vote for member of the month,you would win hands down :goodjob:

20. Tylerryan79

Tylerryan79 Emperor

I suspect that the ingame leader animations(diplomacy etc) will benefit the most from this, and dx11 in general. World map and units will be where there won't be a great difference, atleast that we will see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.