Myth01- Training Day- Regent

Can't get her before tomorrow.

You may replay my turns.

I äm great at ruining things, eh?

Welcome, nerovats! :high5: Long time, no play.

Looks like a good turnset NorthenWolf.

I just hope it is the last time you have to play turns in a hospital. :D

Before I go, note that IMO we should attack greece in 20 turns instead of iros, as we can get secure foothold easyer on greece areas, besides we can attack with galleys (we can stay on sea tiles). Besides, there is nice chokepoint there where to waste iros units.
If Sun Tzu's Art of War were already ours, attacking Greece first makes sense. The effects of Sun Tzu, the free barracks, would be limited to our landmass. Overseas, it does nothing for us; no free barracks. Meanwhile the Greeks are close, we can get there with galleys and shorter lines of communications and reinforcements. Lots of good things about killing Greeks first.

But Sun Tzu is not ours. And it could help us. So the question becomes 'Can we capture it early enough for it to help us?' and then 'How can we reasonably get it?'

The plan posted back on Post #787 is one way to try and decide those questions. 'Here is a plan. It is not perfect or risk free. Can we make it better? Should we do it all?'

I think it is possible to attack and capture Sun Tzu's rather early in our conquest of the New World. I think it will help us since a) it will be ours and not someone else's wonder, b) fast healing of our units and not someone else's units and c) we don't have to build barracks overseas. Overall, I think that by capturing Sun Tzu's it will make our conquest easier and cheaper since our wounded units can return to the front lines faster. But is it worth the risk and can it be done?

It is a plan. It is an idea. It could be a good idea. It could be a bad idea.

I do not care who we attack first. I do think we need to discuss who we attack first; examine the advantages and disadvantages of each of the AIs. And then decide, make plans and execute those plans.

I realize I don't get a vote beyond Lurker but I would encourage you to implement CBob's plan. The landing and founding/attack would give you an idea of what you can expect from wars on that continent.

:goodjob:

lurker's comment: Plus, the sooner you attack the Iroquois, the sooner you get them off your continent. I'd recommend CBob's plan, and then you should take the city/cities they have on your continent, and make peace for their one-tile island.

My idea was to declare Greeks, we can move galley/ whateverUNitNameIs over ocean tiles.

Greece is in good position to launch foward attacks. Besides we need to strike soon as golden age is still unused and getting it at the same time as cavalry would rock.

I'll wait for the save, would be ashame towaist your effort.
Will look at last posted save to evaluate attack plan.
First some studying though.

Taken quick look.
Greece is closer and weaker then iro's, but iro's lack horses. Still I'd prbably go for greece, or maybe even someone else. Get the last emassies, trade maps in couple of turns.
Might be better to improve economy for now, get further ahead in techs, attack with cav's later. Now reduce unit cost, rush settlers and workers.

lurker's comment: Looks like nice work, NW.

I tend to think that having Sun's before going up against Hoplites would be really nice.

I agree with this. I think this group can take Suns and make the rest of the fighting a lot easier over there. I think CBob has put it together and it is the plan to try.

The quick route is not always the safest nor the best.

taken another look at save while waitig for save of NW.
Since upkeap is killing i'd disband some older vet units and trebs. Will take a lot of turns before war starts.
Will also change some builds. Some granaries and courts are not neccesary.
City placement in south is too lose, but won't correct that. Place them closer for science farms.
Now go max on science to be able to trade with other continent. Then research towards cav, but probably start war before we get them. Iro's is long way, I still think there are better oppoments. A civ without powder.
Might disband all cats/trebs as they can't keep up with riders/cav. But only if team agrees.

2 saves come off the dvd disc (only one I had).Same data in bolth things) Same data, if they even work?

Attachments

• Myth_01_Northen_900AD.rar
    166.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Myth_01_Northen_900AD.SAV
    186.2 KB · Views: 41
Played part until we got SGL, what to do with it?
Leo is not of that much use, as most units are elite and therefor shouldn't be upgraded. Copernicus is nice in Beijing, especially together with Newton. Could start prebuild on that. Could also hang on for later wonder, but that might be a waste.

Turnlog so far:

Pre-turn
change cities from wealth to explorers (for disbanding)
Change all taxmen to scientists (3 in stead of 2 commerce)
increase science to max
we pay 118 gpt upkeap so will grow cities over size 6 and get more of them, and disband some units (keep horses,
spears and elites).
Go trhough all cities, change builds so cities will grow over size 6 and stay there. So some more ducts, less
settlers in bigger cities. Get more scienists along the way, chemistry now due in 2. Change cities with some extra food to settlers.
910AD
put worker to use (why are lots of them working tiles outside terriory?)
reduce science to 90%
get some barracks go for riders
920AD
chemistry in Navigation in 4 @80%
Nanking Market->Rider
sell Chimstry to Iro's for Printing Press, 18 gold and 54gpt
after worker build finished I change cities to explorers to disband
we now have 267 gold and lose 15 per turn.
930AD
Beijing uni->rider
can lower slider again we are 29 gold, navigation in 3
940AD
Not much
950AD
Irony market->duct
Change settler builds in south to caravel when possible or explorer otherwise.
Rush some settlers in north
960AD
We get SGL
Navigation in set science to metallurgy in 4 @80%
get Ivory and WM from America for education, wine, TM and contact with the Greeks

View attachment Myth_01_960AD.SAV

I don't write as much as you guys, but think I explained why I did things. If my thoughts are not clear to you I'll try to explain better. This turnset is just building up strength, so also not much to write.

Will continue after decission on SGL.

lurker's comment: With your saying there are many elites, your odds of getting military leaders is pretty high, so you might not want to hold the SGL very long, as it keeps you from getting MGLs. Has JS Bachs been built? That would be a good use for an SGL if it is available. Otherwise, Smiths is another wonder worth rushing. Copernicus is one that can be built fast, an SGL might be a waste there. Leos has more value than you give it, you'll want to upgrade Riders to Cavalry when that is researched, which going by the brisk tech pace will be very soon. Also, Trebuchets to Cannons is another worthy upgrade which could be done soon. Just throwing in my opinions, feel free to ignore them:D

My first thought with an SGL right now would be to keep it until we could build Magellan's Voyage. I don't normally build this wonder, but it would increase the range of our boats, and that could be a big help to any galleys we have left. On the other hand, Magellan's Voyage is tied to Navigation, which is an optional tech at the end of this age.

We just learned Chemistry and started on Printing Press, so Navigation might be only 3 or 4 techs away.

lurker's comment: I think Navigation was the tech that generated the SGL, so I'd say that Magellans is a posibility. Again, that wonder is another that could be built pretty fast, and SGLs are about bang for the buck. I guess it boils down to what helps best to win the game.

Which Wonders are available at this point?

Magellan's you mentioned, Leo's, is there another.

i would bet on Magellan's myself with a naval war in your future.

lurker's comment: Leos has more value than you give it, you'll want to upgrade Riders to Cavalry when that is researched,

lurker's comment: They'll want to wait a bit if they don't have a GA yet. ;)

As to the wonders you can build now, check the build queue in the city view screen.

We don't have riders yet, so we will only have a few before we get to cav's, and we won't upgrade those until we trigger the golden age. So Leo won't give use more then a few 100 gold. Copernicus will give us 55 commerce per turn in Beijing right now which is much more. When we go to war we can land in Spain which is much closer, so Magallan won't give that much as well. It'll be the difference between 10 and 15 ships at the most, then I'd choose Copernicus as well. No one knows Music theory yet so we could research that next and get Bach's. For now we can have lux slider at 0% without clowns so before we make use of it we have to grow first. 10% lux is just 39 gpt, so Copernicus will give more right now.

We got maps of other continent. Think we should invade Spain, we will get 2 luxes, (and can steal 1 from Egypt) and are close to Iro's saltpeter and iron, to pillage those. Spain is weak, and will let us get a good starting point for invading the rest of continent.

Continue game
Wake vet horses and send them to Beijing for upgrade
rush musket in Beijing then change to rider again
970AD
We have our first rider
Rush Copernicus
Found several new cities, unit support now just 52gpt
Only Iro's are stronger then us, al others are weak.
980AD
lower science slider
rush some more settlers, unit support down to 32gpt
sell our territory map to iro's for WM and 60 gold
sell to others as well for another 60 gold and their WM
Start prebuild for Newton
IBT
Iro's finish Leo, bummer
990BC
Beijing back to rider
IBT
Iro's start settling on our continent
1000AD
Metalurgy in set science to Physics->ToG to get Newton
Beijing to cathedral as prebuild
Send riders toward the new Iro cities.
Set science towards newton for now, with that we can quite easily maintain 4 turn science, and save gold for
upgardes.
It will still take some time before we can invade, so no need for cav's yet. Build riders, then later upgrade all
but 5 or so to trigger golden age with.
When going for war I'd sign a RoP with Egypt, Land there and kill Spain. As said earlier, we get 3 luxes from that,
and al,ost certainly some more MGL's we need to take out Iro's. On start of war we should settle N,N,NE of Sevillem
to grab the Egyptian lux. Then take all other cities. Spain has better culture then us, so we might need to replace
cities. But since they only have 7 cities we can take risk, war should be over in 4-5 turns when planned carefully.
I'd keep research high, at least until rails.

View attachment Myth_01_1000AD.SAV

Top Bottom