Myth01- Training Day- Regent

I build explorers to be disbanded in other cities to help production. They can move 6 tiles per turn so move fast and diving by 4 without waste.
Indeed explorers are great for pillaging. covered by an army you can move them savely acros the ai's territory and pillage a lot faster then just using armies.
Will look at save later.

Notes about save:

don't build settler in cities that can grow over size 6, we need the unit support.

we can sell our WM again for most gold of the AI.

Why not upgrade vet horses, we have 1680 gold. There are at least 10 vet horses, which would make a total of 19 riders. We'll have 25-30 in the 6 turns needed to get cavs. They buy the ships we need (just 5 more or so, save gold for upgarding to Galleon), use the current explorers (all but 2) to reduce cost. I'd send part of the elite expired units to the foreign cities in the north. The others go to Spain as in adjusted plan. In 12-13 turns we should be able to start war then.

Continue to build more cities for unit support and science farms.

Can change most of the current markets builds to riders (maybe also the uni builds), when we claim our 3 more luxes those cities won't need a market anyway. At least I would prefer to get and extra rider.

Buy harbor in West coast point, to allow upgrading there. Is closest to Egypt, and should get 8 or so ships. HangChow will need 4 ships filled with our elites. We can send them earlier as other fleet as it is longer journy.

lurker's comment: Keep some of those Riders by the Spanish and Iro cities on your continent, so when war happens, you can blitz them all easily.

Hum, I haven't looked at the save here, so I don't know the particular situation, but if you're strong enough to pillage, which means your enemy isn't strong enough to take out your pillagers, then you're usually strong enough to take the enemy's terrain, and you don't want to pillage what you're just about to take.

Would you like me to explain what "Expendable" means? :lol::p:lol:

Would you like me to explain what "Expendable" means? :lol::p:lol:
It sounds like you're making a joke, but you're making more sense than you think. English is not my first language, so sometimes I 'ignore' a word because I don't understand it.
I just looked at the online dictionary, and I understand you better now.

I should have done my normal strategy/planning post first, left it up over the weekend and played my turns this week. I got in a hurry. I overlooked the bit about disbanding explorers and totally missed the data about upgrading the vHorses to vRiders.

Critical mistakes? No, not for us at this stage of game, as we are still building up our forces. Could have been a killer at a later stage of the game.

What Nerovats is talking about with explorers makes alot of sense. I call it "shield-dumping", where you deliberately build units in high production areas to disband in high corruption areas to speed builds up. We used similar tactics in CBob03, where we were unable to cash-rush, so we built high value units in our core to move the shields. Great as an answer to "what should the city with everything it needs build when no new units are needed?"

I think it is just the two of us, but I'd welcome some players, too.

School and Real Life have taken a toll on the roster. :sad:

pre-turn
wake horses to upgrade
Change some builds to riders
disband some vet obsolete units
sell WM for 60+71+28+15+3gpt+3=237gold
get RoP with Egypt and America, we'll attack them last
Send units where we'll need them
1110AD
We now have 17 riders
1120AD
Magnetism in MT in 4 @50%
start to put cities on wealth after completing build, bit tiresome to move all those explorers.
1130AD
rush all ships we need so we can get them to loading sites
23 riders and counting
1140AD
Not much
1150AD
more of same
1160AD
MT in Banking in 4 @20%, all AI know Music Theory but don't trade
upgrade most riders
IBT
give America Physics for ivory
1170AD
we now have 22 cavs and 8 riders
1180AD
set sail
1190AD
just moving along
1200AD
We get banking Steam in 4 @100%
Land stack in Egypt 23 cavs, 6 riders, 4 explorers and a settler
There are 2 sets of 2 ships heading for Spain from the other side, each containing some obsolete elites, riders and cavs.
Just couple of more turns to get units in place, then the fun begins.
Buy some maps before starting war so we know all roads, and won't be supprised.

View attachment Myth_01_1200AD.SAV

I won't be able to get to this game before Saturday.

Anyone is free to pick up the save and play the next ten turns before then.

In this case no. We're well ahead and will have our own luxes in 10 turns so i's last deal. Now we can maintain 4 turn research and save gold for upgrades. Physics is old for us, and America is bit backwards, so they would probably have gotten it soon. Thereby they like us now and probably won't MA against us.

I think it is just the two of us, but I'd welcome some players, too.
I'm considering this. I'm SG free at the moment, because I've just played in both SG's I'm in.
But you go first, Bob, then I can take the save after you. I'm seeing that Nerovats has put an excellent plan of attack together in post #843, just waiting to be executed.

Just a question, having looked at the save: you're 4 turns away from Steam Power, shouldn't you be switching all those towns on wealth to workers? Rails will make your empire sooo much more effective.

Maybe we should.
I also started to send workers on the ships, but maybe we should send them back. Rail our core first, then the science farms.

I've got one more turn to play this evening. Steam Power is in, Electricity is known and we are closing in on Replacement Parts.

I didn't consider wealth -> workers; I wish I had. We have 4 workers and some slaves in Old Spain, but we will need more to help rail what we conquer. China is railed from North to South, but East to West is another matter. Currently we are improving terrain around our Cavalry producing cities, but by changing wealth -> workers and then cash rushing we can have a lot of workers real soon. How many more workers do we want?

Optional, do want the next turnset or do you want to follow nerovats?

Top Bottom