Myth01- Training Day- Regent

lurker's comment: Again? :(

Just out of curiousity, why do you keep having to go to the hospital, anyway?

I was born with bad health: hearth problems, diabetes (since I'm 12), different organ problems etc.

S*it happens.

Watching with Interest to see this game End.

@Northen- That's Upsetting and I can symphatise with you.

Hope you Recover quick and stay fit for a long while this time

I was born with bad health: hearth problems, diabetes (since I'm 12), different organ problems etc.
:eek:

I'll stop complaining about my asthma (since age 2).

Take all the time you need to get healthy. Then you can start your own Succession Game!

Type 1 Diabetes and a heart problem...tough sledding. I can empathize, I have Type 2 and my own heart problem. You learn to work around those problems and live as well as you can. Hopefully your stay in hospital is short and you can be out for awhile afterward. Take care of yourself, we're all rooting for you.

Thank you all, I have always recovered, will recover now too.

Now get back at the game, I want to hear sounds of victory.

Played 4 turns, Iro's are reduced to their 2 island cities. Will need marines to take the 1 tile island, that would mean 24 turns of science. Or just settle and get domination (112 tiles needed). have no time to continue today so will leave it to next player.

pre-turn
rush some ships
get iro's mad and demand they leave, they declare on us. How nice.
Pillage the powder with explorer
Greece will join the fun for Magnetism.
Wow, our cav army gets completely redlined by musket from Oil Spring, fortunately it retreats.
Use large stack of MI as target practice, get leader and lot of elites.
We get 2nd cav army
Take Allegheny
Move units on home continent and approach some more Iro cities
Abandon som cities in north to give roaming civ place to settle
IBT
Spanish land
1330AD
Good by Spain
Take Niagra Falls and Grand River
Then go for Salamanca. There are 2 Rambo musket in it both killing several cavs, but eventually kill them all.
Sink Egypt galley, 2 civ's left. Iro's have 1 tile island, so we need marines for that. Up science to get them
asap.
1335AD
Take Gandasetaigon, raze Oka
Take Centralia and get another leader->cav army
Raze Mauch Chunk
Take Tonawanda
Ran out of units now, so just hit enter and forget about most workers
1340AD
Had accidently abandoned our ivory town, some cities riot. Increase lux.
Raze Cattaraugus and Tyendenaga
Take Pharsalos and St Regis
Move units to front and let others heal
IBT
Allegheny and Centralia flip back
1345AD
Raze Centralia and Allegheny
Our elite sword get's us another leader
Take Kahnawake leader->cav army
Raze Chodonte and Akwasane
Iro's now reduced to 2 island cities
Settle 2 cities near Herakleia and rush galleons

Greece.jpg

Haven't transported moe units to front as we have more then enough of them. Next player can dicide, conquest and long wait or just play semi conquest. Kill Greece and just settle or domination.

Attachments

• Mao of the Chinese, 1345 AD.SAV
    250.4 KB · Views: 70
Played 4 turns, Iro's are reduced to their 2 island cities. Will need marines to take the 1 tile island, that would mean 24 turns of science. Or just settle and get domination (112 tiles needed). have no time to continue today so will leave it to next player.
Good work. This is just about over.

If we could get that 1 tile island in a peace trade, that almost sounds good. Except then we have 20 turns of peace before we can attack again. Not so good. So, conquest is out. It will take too long.

Domination sounds good.

Let's get some settlers built from our newly conquered cities to grab land the easy way. If each settler were to claim 9 tiles, we need about 13 more settlers. We have lots of unclaimed territory between our new cities that can become Chinese. Once we have that filled in, we may need to attack Greece for some more land.

Or just attack Greece anyway and keep their cities and plant fewer new cities.

lurker's comment: Make the treaty, get the Island. Destroy or capture everyone but the Iroquois. Betray them at the end where reputation means nothing when there's no one left to remember your betrayal. A 1 tile island is a justifiable reason to trash your reputation, if you are going for conquest. IIRC, when this started, there were no ironclad rules about reputation, and SG rules are set by the team anyway. So win by Conquest, saving the last city of the Iroquois for the endgame. C'mon, you know you want to.

Have I missed something all these years? I thought that once a peace treaty was signed, it could not be broken for 20 turns. I thought there was something coded that prevented breaking that treaty.

Have I been deluded?

If we can make peace and then break peace, yes, get that 1-tile island in a peace trade and then backstab Hiawatha. And stomp on Alexander, too.

:trouble: :hammer: :ar15:

lurker's comment: Sign peace with Iro, grab one tile-island city, crush Greece, then declare war on the Iros and grab Heraklia. Yes, you can break peace deals.

Have I missed something all these years? I thought that once a peace treaty was signed, it could not be broken for 20 turns. I thought there was something coded that prevented breaking that treaty.

Have I been deluded?

Kibitzer:

Nothing to stop you from breaking deals in the game.

lurker's comment: Sign peace with Iro, grab one tile-island city, crush Greece, then declare war on the Iros and grab Heraklia. Yes, you can break peace deals.
Yep, I've been deluded. Worst of all, I was deluded by me. :cry:

lurker's comment: We made peace with France multiple times and broke it multiple times in TT-01, since we were at the point where we were going to kill everyone anyway and had no need to trade for anything. I don't recommend it for every game, but it is a viable strategy, and allowed in competitive games.

Iro's have 1 tile island, so we need marines for that. Up science to get them asap.
I have to admit that I had completely missed this in my set.
Although getting it in a peace deal and then violating that peace treaty to finish the game sounds Ok to me. I like to play with honour, but in a dilemma like this I would break that code.
Not that it's up to me. I would like to let it completely up to the player that finishes it. I hope Northen Wolf will be able to finish this, even if it takes some time.

lurker's comment: Sounds like a job for the Marines. One tile islands are such a pain. I guess the lesson here is to do everything possble to get your hands on them as soon as they are discovered. Even long time players can learn new stuff from training type games! Sounds like a new plan is needed, go for Domination for a quicker victory, or wait for Marines for a more thorough Conquest victory. Either way will get about the same score, so the tiebreaker is how satisfying each victory type feels and how much work is involved. Ahh, decisions, decisions.

Island Fortress
I wonder if we could get the 1-Tile island from Hiawatha if we offered him a city in exchange for it?

Top Bottom