Name 5 US-companies with a reputation for quality

General Electric - light bulbs
Hallmark - greeting cards
Mars - chocolate
Callaway Golf - golf clubs
Whirlpool - home appliances
Procter & Gamble - domestic consumables

i'm still trying to get my head around the fact that someone mentioned Exxon in relation to good quality ..

I am definetly going to look for Nort Face next time I visit US. Nike is another example..

Give it's sales, I think you are completely wrong. Most people are not going to remember that event from 20 yesrs ago when seeing that sign, it's run it's course long ago.

Why wouldn't people remember it? I certainly remember it and make a point to still not use ExxonMobil gas stations if I can avoid it. Yes I am aware how franchised gas stations work.

I noticed a steep decline in Exxon branded gas stations and IIRC one of the reasons for the merger was so they could hide behind the Mobil brand rather than Exxon, which was totally tarnished by the disaster. Today I rarely if ever see any Exxon gas stations in CA.

Give it's sales, I think you are completely wrong. Most people are not going to remember that event from 20 yesrs ago when seeing that sign, it's run it's course long ago.

I still think its associated with the brand.

Hell, the whole disaster happened before I was born and whenever I hear about Exxon, the first thing to pop into my mind is the Valdez.

Also the idea of "quality fuel" is a marketing gimmick designed to try to escape commodity hell.

I still think its associated with the brand.

Hell, the whole disaster happened before I was born and whenever I hear about Exxon, the first thing to pop into my mind is the Valdez.

I bet the big oil corporations companies no longer proudly put their names on oil tankers. :lol:

Top Bottom