Nate Silver is "thin and effeminate"

AlpsStranger

Jump jump on the tiger!

I guess Nate Silver is in the tank for Obama because he's a horrible, God-hating homo.

Dean Chambers said:
Nate Silver is a man of very small stature, a thin and effeminate man with a soft-sounding voice that sounds almost exactly like the “Mr. New Castrati” voice used by Rush Limbaugh on his program. In fact, Silver could easily be the poster child for the New Castrati in both image and sound. Nate Silver, like most liberal and leftist celebrities and favorites, might be of average intelligence but is surely not the genius he's made out to be. His political analyses are average at best and his projections, at least this year, are extremely biased in favor of the Democrats.

This is according to walking pile of feces Dean Chambers, the man behind www.unskewedpolls.com.

http://www.examiner.com/article/the...ilver-for-wisdom-on-the-polls?cid=db_articles

So this is it, huh guys? Open gay bashing? *golf clap*

I knew you had it in you.

You're talking about a guy who predicts Minnesota will go for Romney. I think Ann Coulter tweeted something recently that sums up how we should treat this guy.

So that picture isn't of Nate Silver? Otherwise the rest of what Dean says could well be blatant nonsense too.

That means it must be of chubster Dean, who may or may not be effeminate and/or have a high-pitched voice.

But such speculation is purely ad hominem. About either of them.

(I didn't read the link on account of an annoying unshutupable ad.)

This is Nate Silver.

The comment by this guy is of course the holy Republican trifecta of "everyone who bases his analyses on statistics instead of gut feeling must be biased!", "academics just want to fool you and aren't actually that smart, but I'm not smart enough myself to actually demonstrate that" and "never trust anyone who isn't a manly man!".

Trifecta

Not being a gambling man, I had to look this up.

I thought to start with it was just a (arg! what's the word) for a combination of the latin for three and infected.

Well duh, everyone knows that REAL Americans are FAT.

Drr.

Damn librul-biased math.

Well I think Nate Silver is a bad Pollster. Taking it to a personal level to try and attack his feature which aren't too different than me pisses me off but to be honest I'm not aware of anyone who cares what the guy who wrote this says... Unless he's buddies with Limbaugh (Looks like he might be) there aren't many conservatives that use his information.

I do agree with the last sentence though. (Especially if the twitter account @fivethirtyeight is really him) The guy is not a genius. Average at best.

Average intelligence is still a lot better than your average political pundit though.

The guy is not a genius. Average at best.
You don't have to be a genius to apply statistics. Curiously, no one uses statistics to criticize Mr. Silver, but only subjective impressions based on his looks and statements.

Owen Prove it. Forget Rush Limbaugh and find me Republican talking heads that insult peoples looks?

Fine Leoreth. The D+7 model of many of the polls that he often uses is wildly skewed based on the voter registration and enthusiasm gap. Understanding that weighting for other groups such as women vs men rich vs poor ect... makes it difficult to accurately weight for a political group. His 70% chance of Obama winning is off by 20%. Based on the numbers I've seen it is about a 50% toss up. Places like Wisconsin are seeing much larger early voter campaigns from the Republicans than were seen in 2008 and the independents swinging hard to Romney makes this very likely a turnout election and that is where that enthusiasm gap comes in.

I'm predicting a Romney win and when that happens it will prove Nate Silver very wrong.

It's an interesting election all right. Who will win? Dunno, is my best bet.

Owen Prove it. Forget Rush Limbaugh and find me Republican talking heads that insult peoples looks?
You mean as they incessantly do regarding Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton, for example?

??? I know of them. I'd expect them to know better with the way there are people watching them closely for anything to complain about. What specific comments on peoples looks. I'm sure some of their callers have said things but I haven't seen or heard anything of them insulting looks?

I've seen a bit of that Libertarian fellow but no I really don't care to watch fox news that often. I can get much better and balanced information online. I've seen clips of Foxs News but most people I know wouldn't be highlighting the moments insulting looks.

Regarding Hilary Clinton. Ok I'll give you that I have heard the local conservative talking head say that she now looks like Benjamin Franklin... I'm not sure how much of an insult that is it was more an embarrassed realization.

I mean by that he wasn't trying to insult her. He just realized it and felt embarrassed that he had thought that.

Nope!

Regarding Hilary Clinton. Ok I'll give you that I have heard the local conservative talking head say that she now looks like Benjamin Franklin... I'm not sure how much of an insult that is it was more an embarrassed realization.

I mean by that he wasn't trying to insult her. He just realized it and felt embarrassed that he had thought that.
You mean as you just did by calling it an "embarrassed realization"? Older female politicians are particularly susceptible to this pervasive shallow perception of people based on their appearance. But it certainly doesn't stop there.

Tom Coburn Knocks Fox News, Says Nancy Pelosi is a "Nice Person"

Sen. Tom Coburn, a staunch conservative from Oklahoma, is doing what seems almost unthinkable in this polarized political climate: Defending his Democratic colleagues from critics at Fox News.

At a town hall meeting, Coburn suggested that a woman who said "they can put us in prison" for not obtaining health insurance under the health care reform bill is misinformed.

"The intention is not to put anybody in jail," he said. "That makes for good TV news on Fox but that isn't the intention."

He also defended House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the architect of the House version of the health care legislation that he fiercely opposed.

"I'm 180 degrees in opposition to the speaker -- she's a nice lady," he said. The crowd could be heard responding unfavorably to his characterization.

"Come on now, she is a nice -- how many of you all have met her?" continued Coburn. "She's a nice person. She's a nice person."

"Just because somebody disagrees with you doesn't mean they're not a good person," he added. He then discussed his own experience of being vilified before asking the crowd not to "catch yourself being biased by Fox News that somebody's no good."

This is a war that is being waged by many Republicans. And they literally think the ends justify essentially any means of defeating their evil enemy.

Top Bottom