National Wonder: Flak Tower

Moeb

Chieftain
Hi,

I asked a friend to make in 3D a WWII Flak Tower. Here is the result. Please feel free to use, modify or even improve this awesome product.

I will be very happy if I can recognize some day this building (or national wonder, wonder...) in some of the mods I usually play (Thomas War, Wolfschanze, RoM,...).

It would fit perfectly as a national wonder (e.g. you must build seven bunkers to build it).

If you read something about the history of this Flak Towers, they were lethal not only against bombers, but also against tanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flak_tower

Please credit.

Thanks.

Attachments

• berlinfriedrichshaingturm19427.jpg
    berlinfriedrichshaingturm19427.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 256
  • render-Bunker-1.jpg
    render-Bunker-1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 427
could be an 'upgrade' of bunker like castle is 'upgrade' of walls.

Alternatively, could someone program the workers to be able to build it out in the countryside around the cities? Originally I didn't think they were that close to the city they were protecting and that the city expanded around them later after WWII. It would be cool also if someone could then make a SAM tower for the post-rocketry age as an upgrade for these. Don't quite know whether you can do the tower, moat type upgrade in C4BTS though...

I just remember when you had radar towers and things that workers could build outside your cities. The only thing that remains is the airfields. Which are now intergrated into forts and don't require any upgrading once you reach the requisite age. Just an idea on how this can be used in the game... As well as that you could build them into certain cities with bunkers and build a certain number and you can build a national air defence project which gives an intercept bonus or something to intercept units.

Sorry,

here is it with the .nif file.

Attachments

• Flak tower civ.zip
    249.4 KB · Views: 95
To The J,

Please could you tell me if this time is it correct?

Txs

afaik for the game it doesn´t matter if there is only a filename or the absolut path, it looks if the texture (only the name) is in the folder and if not, if the the texture is in the shared folder, an absolut path in front of the texture name is ignored

beside this, remove the absolut path and made the mesh to a NiTriShape (stripified it has ~ 2400 poly, triangulated ~800) Imo almost (but only almost) too much for a building, you could reduce the polycount if you remove the never seen faces [like the ones at the bottom of the tower]

Attachments

• Bunker_3.zip
    21.8 KB · Views: 88
Top Bottom