1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NESCraft

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Daftpanzer, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Everblack

Everblack Blacker then you

Everblack
    A1: Move to the tree that has fruits on it so he can eat some
    A2: Rest under the tree (with my spear still in my hands)

2. Nintz

Nintz King of the Britons

Excellent update.

Methinks Wolfhaven should now get a SG like the other tribes appear to be doing...

3. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

Desired gender: Male

Eye colour: Changes by the day(between green, blue, grey, and hazel, both are the same)

Eye shape: Round

Hair colour: Brown

Hair style: Short

Body type: Medium

Skin tone: 3

Traits - Crafty, Builder

Desired start location: Not the desert or the tundra.

4. Symphorien

Symphorien Chieftain

Cool, here we go:

1AP: Use my Animal Lore to approach the sheep just above the cave to the south, and then smash its head in with a rock.
    1AP: Start a fire in the entrance of the cave to cook the meat (hopefully) obtained and eat
    1AP: Settle down and rest for the night inside the cave, behind the fire to put off predators

5. North King

North King blech

Er, I might be missing it, but how many AP do I have? Also, how fast do babies grow up? Will she have abandonment issues if I don't hurry back? :p

6. Daftpanzer

Daftpanzer There may be more posts after this.

:salute:

Yep - still had an image tag in there from the last update. Fixed nao :)

@Gem Hound, thankyou - how flexible are you on the gender??

@NK you have 4AP - I believe Golden1Knight wants to play as your daughter, so its up to him (her?) to choose a father figure :)

Turn 1 (age 0) - helpless baby growing into a child.
    Turn 2 (age ~8 earth years) - child, with some AP actions for play/learning.
    Turn 3 (age ~16 earth years) - Adolescent, more AP: girls can get pregnant already.
    During the first three turns there is chance to learn/absorb 0-3 special traits, provided the child is not starving.
    Turn 4 (age ~ 24 earth years) - First turn of true adulthood, you may pick another bonus trait of your choosing.

Thus your daughter will reach adulthood if she survives to turn #13.

7. Golden1Knight

Golden1Knight Emperor

If Dad has a taste for adventure, we'll soon have a little girl wishing to venture with her father. :) If she spends more time with her mother, she will create affinity for her home.

I do not know how is the family structure in this primitive society that worships the pandas, so I'm giving a shot. :p

8. merciary

merciary No idea what I'm doing

And so it has been done.

9. Shadowbound

Shadowbound Scourge of God

I will take TerrisH's body.

10. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Great update! :)

Question: we HAVE explored elephant cave to the end, right?

11. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

It doesn't really matter, but I would prefer to be male so that I don't get encumbered with children should another human arrive.

12. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Zombie sheep killed!

...how many XP did I get? :p Orders when I'm done with Crezth's.

13. Marcher Jovian

Marcher Jovian Emperor

Secret Scribe's orders:

-1 AP Thank the spirits from delivering me from my doom, especially the river spirit.

-1 AP Forage in the general direction of my camp.

14. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

So we have a metal hammer? Made from that blue ore stuff? Thats not super clear from the update....

Do metal tools help us build things better (or for less AP)? Do they open up other new options?

15. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Does Paraceratherium have fur? Its an ice-age mammal so probably yes but generally pictures show limited or non-present hair. Cause if its hairy....

... we should shave it for its fur to make wool or something!

EDIT:

Lord Iggy, son, can you help daddy with the garden today? Lets try to get those weeds pulled so we can help everyone have some tasty breakfast. I bet if we work together we'll have enough rice and veg for tomorrow too! You're doing great. See that little bug there?- don't pull it off- you want that.. it eats the bad beetles that eat the potato leaves. Now that one over there you want want to squish; or yeah.. eat it... i guess... kids- everything goes in the mouth.

Lord Of Elves, can you help with the garden also?

Seon, wanna try to domesticate that thing? We can maybe get it to haul or lift stuff for us? It might be a really effective to fell timber...? Maybe we can eventually breed it? And milk it? Make cheese from its milk? Raise them for food? Have it pull a plow? (probably requires a stone wall)

Actions for Immaculate:
    1AP: Tend garden using hoe (herbalist) (with Lord Iggy and Lord of Elves). make soup and eat with tribe. Keep stringy inedible stalks and roots for potential use as string.
    1AP: cut some bamboo with the ax for timber (furnace fuel)
    1AP: Use the (edit) stone hammer, the furnace, some timber, and the ore to experiment with smelting. If possible try building complex metal tools for smithing and more precise/effective crafting. If the metal, as smelted, reveals particular properties or form, then just go with it- this is the spirit of the fire and the spirit of the ore, we must reveal their true nature- not force them to assume another one.
    1AP: Spend time with the son and wife. Either prayer (spiritual), or play, or teaching, or just helping with the birth or whatever. Uncle Immac will play with little GoldenKnight too.
    1AP: If tools are done, form some mud into crude shapes; bowls, amphora, whatever and try cooking them in the furnace to see if it gets harder like mud in the sun... This might be a fun thing for newborns (who will it be?), or toddlers (Goldenknight?) to help with... Mud is fun to play with after all. If smelting/smithing project remains unfinished, spend the afternoon finishing that project instead.
    1AP: sleep

Iggy is welcome to join me for any of these activities as I would love to spend Father-son time together before he's all grown up. Seems like just yesterday he was only 3 pixels high... and today... you can already make out the pixels of his eyes, the pixels of that bright beautiful smile.... its enough to bring pixel water to pixel dad's eyes. But seriously, an extra AP spent on smelting or pottery would be awesome for the help it brings and potentially useful for skill-building for him.

16. Daftpanzer

Apologies if I missed anything. I don't recall anyone specifically going exploring to the end of the cave ;) All you know is that is has a chamber with yellow-golden, glowing ores, tapering off into darkness...

+25XP -1 Sanity :)

Welcome! :salute:

Immaculate seems to be a good candidate if you need an alternate father figure :)

Sorry, that's just a heavy stone hammer, but it will help with making things. North King was experiencing a Dwarf Fortress style of NPCing :D I would rather metalworking be quite experimental to begin with - feel free to try smelting the glowing blue ore! In general, you can expect metal tools to be more durable / better, and metalworking will basically be essential for cogs, gears, and any kind of machinery you may want to build up. But I'd rather leave the 'tech tree' to evolve naturally through tinkering, rather than be strictly imposed by me from the top down. Aside from metals, I can imagine glass making, and pottery (this espec useful for large-scale agriculture and food making/storing, as well as bricks for building).

Its a warm weather beast, it does not have much hair at all I'm afraid. I just rolled a dice to determine that it is female, so you could try milking it when it matures :)

17. Vylinius

Vylinius College Student

Is it possible for me to make some kind of stone knife or spear in one ap or would that require two ap?

18. Daftpanzer

Its always been 1AP to do that: if you have sticks and/or stones within easy enough reach, not on the edge of your visible area. Its then free to pick them up and 1AP to craft the tool.

19. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

Will I get a PM with what I did in the portal?

20. Daftpanzer

@Omega yes indeed apologies, will be coming shortly!