Never Before Seen Civs - Elimination Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armenians 10
Ashanti 26
Burmese 25
Nubians 15 (14 + 1) still up voting these guys. It's just that together with Mail and Ethiopia, I consider these to be the most important African Empires. It has everything you need for a good civs (except being able to understand the language). But I'd be ok if the leader spoke Old Nubian from the christian time of Nubia (around 500 AD till 1400 AD) which is much better known and probably closely related to the napatan (800 - 300 BC) and meroitic languages (300 BC - 400 AD).
Phoenicians 19 (22 - 3) By now, I like to have them all. But the Phoenicians, fascinating as they are, rank lowest for me. I think they could come as multiple CS or as a special civ with a real unique play style or if an expansion decides to add a colonization mechanic. But as a 'normal' civ with 'normal' bonuses and play style, the others seem more promising.
Swahili/Kilwa 19
Tibetans 22
Vietnamese 15

Armenians 10 (9 + 1) I will admit, I didn't know much about them before, but the debate about them has piqued my curiosity enough that I'll spend a vote to delay their demise.

In terms of modern history Mobfire, you can check out the new movie 'The Promise' (Christian Bale, and that guy from Star Wars Episode VII) which looks at the Armenian genocide.

Armenians 11 (10+1)
Ashanti 26
Burmese 25
Nubians 15
Phoenicians 19
Swahili/Kilwa 19
Tibetans 22
Vietnamese 12 (15-12)

Armenia is overdue a spot in the game.
SE Asia is better off with Siam, Khmer, and/or Burma than Vietnam.

Your definition of "genuinely both" fails to acknowledge that many states are in both Europe and Asia. I also don't know who the "most people" you refer to are. Is there an objective standard by which we can call Russia more politically European than Asian?

That's not true, and you can see that simply by looking at a map. In geographic terms (based on continental plates), only a very small section of Turkey is in Europe, and a lot of Russia's territory is in Asia. According to some definitions Greece and Kazakhstan and transcontinental. But that is it. No other countries are both European and Asian.

Armenians 11
Ashanti 26
Burmese 25
Nubians 12 - Now that the Hebrews and Zimbabweans are out, I'm hoping that more people hit Nubians...
Phoenicians 19
Swahili/Kilwa 19
Tibetans 22
Vietnamese 13 - As before, I'd probably rather have Tibet, but Vietnam looks more vulnerable atm.

Armenians 11
Ashanti 26
Burmese 25
Nubians 12
Phoenicians 20 (19 + 1) It surprises me that these guys aren't in Civ yet.
Swahili/Kilwa 19
Tibetans 19 (22 - 3) Not very exciting as a civ.
Vietnamese 13

Armenians 11
Ashanti 26
Burmese 25
Nubians 12
Phoenicians 20
Swahili/Kilwa 19 + 1 = 20 I already explained myself in previous posts, no need to do it again.
Tibetans 19
Vietnamese 13 - 3 = 10 If I have to pick a SE Asian civ, the bottom 2 would be Malaysia and Vietnam. I far prefer the Khmer, Siam, Burma or Indonesia.

Armenians 11
Ashanti 26 + 1 = 27 No doubt, my number one on this list. Along with Vietnam, they are the civs that interest me most here.
Burmese 25
Nubians 12
Phoenicians 20
Swahili/Kilwa 20 - 3 = 17 For the same reason as my previous post, nothing against them, but choices should be made and they are now harder, and this civ does not interest me as much as other civs on this list.
Tibetans 19
Vietnamese 10

Armenians 11
Ashanti 27
Burmese 25-3=22 Just levelling the playing field.
Nubians 12+1=13 Overlooked and underappreciated, they built great monuments and had a powerful empire.
Phoenicians 20
Swahili/Kilwa 17
Tibetans 19
Vietnamese 10

Armenians 12 (11 + 1) -- Still the most interesting civ on this list, IMO.
Ashanti 27
Burmese 22
Nubians 13
Phoenicians 20
Swahili/Kilwa 17
Tibetans 19
Vietnamese 7 (10 - 3) -- I wouldn't really object to seeing Vietnam, but as others have said there are more interesting options for SEA.

Armenians 12
Ashanti 28 (voted up - so much potential here)
Burmese 22
Nubians 10 -most obscure here
Phoenicians 20
Swahili/Kilwa 17
Tibetans 19
Vietnamese 7

Armenians 12 - 3 = 9 (Least interesting civ on this list and the ongoing bickering is not helping my views of its potential inclusion. Re: the ongoing European-Asian bickering, please note that Russia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey are in both Europe and Asia, which is more than the number SMcM acknowledges. Armenia is politically European now, and their Caucasus location makes them similar to Scythia. So too does their culture, which was (like Scythia) strongly was influenced by Persia even as it fought Persia.)
Ashanti 28
Burmese 22
Nubians 10
Phoenicians 20
Swahili/Kilwa 17
Tibetans 19 + 1 = 20 (Bonus point for defeating China and installing a puppet ruler there. Once a mighty empire, and they have clear potential for interesting religious, cultural and military beliefs)
Vietnamese 7

Armenians 9
Ashanti 28-3=25 leveling the playing field
Burmese 22
Nubians 10+1=11 While some find them too similar to Egypt, I disagree, there are plenty of ways to differentiate them from Egypt, the Nubian civilization should be more well known
Phoenicians 20
Swahili/Kilwa 17
Tibetans 20
Vietnamese 7

Armenians 9
Ashanti 26 - Unlevelling the playing field. Would rather see Armenia but they seem to be a lost cause.

Burmese 22
Nubians 8 - Stuck between Egypt/Saladin's Arabia in Cairo and a likely Ethiopia.

Phoenicians 20
Swahili/Kilwa 17
Tibetans 20
Vietnamese 7

Armenians 9-3=6 Same as before
Ashanti 26
Burmese 22
Nubians 8
Phoenicians 20
Swahili/Kilwa 17
Tibetans 20+1=21 Same as before
Vietnamese 7

Armenians 7 (6 + 1) People seem to be downvoting simply because they haven't researched
Ashanti 26
Burmese 22
Nubians 8
Phoenicians 17 (20 - 3) Would make as much sense to be city states
Swahili/Kilwa 17
Tibetans 21
Vietnamese 7

Armenians 7
Ashanti 23 (26-3) The name sounds so great or why have they so many points left. UA: Sell your population to nasty robbers or what?
Burmese 22
Nubians 8
Phoenicians 17
Swahili/Kilwa 17
Tibetans 21
Vietnamese 8 (7+1) There is actually no reason why they do not come this time:)

Armenians 7
Ashanti 23
Burmese 22
Nubians 9 (8 + 1) They're like the Luigi to Egypt's Mario.
Phoenicians 17
Swahili/Kilwa 14 (17 - 3) They deserve to go before Armenia, Vietnam, and Nubia in my opinion.
Tibetans 21
Vietnamese 8

Armenians 7
Ashanti 23
Burmese 22
Nubians 9-3=6 Down voting again because they will be squashed between Ethiopia and Egypt and I would like more TSL spread.
Phoenicians 17
Swahili/Kilwa 14
Tibetans 21
Vietnamese 8+1=9 Really want to see Vietnam survive for a little bit longer. I know it isn't a part of the Indosphere, and that this is what people normally associate SEA with. But we WILL get civs from the Indosphere. Either Siam or Khmer and we will get Indonesia. We may even get more like Burma or Malaysia. I don't want people to think that by having Vietnam we will not have any of the traditional Indosphere SE asian civs. But Mainland Southeast Asia is called INDO-CHINA for a reason. Because it has a mix of Indosphere countries (Siam, Khmer, Malaysia, Burma) and Sinosphere countries (Vietnam). And SE Asia is losing a lot of Identity by not including Vietnam. Vietnam I still believe would be a wonderful addition to Civ 6. I know its just a game XD But I get really passionate about the Sinosphere lol. I will defend it to the death!

Armenians 7
Ashanti 23
Burmese 22
Nubians 6
Phoenicians 17
Swahili/Kilwa 15 (14 + 1) THEY BUILT PALACES OUT OF CORAL CEMENT THEN ORNAMENTED THEM WITH PORCELAIN BOWLS FROM CHINA. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?
Tibetans 21
Vietnamese 6 (9 - 3) Disagreed. They haven't even bothered to add a Native American civ yet. I doubt they're seriously considering Sino vs Indo in SEA as a major factor in terms of inclusion. They'll probably include one and go "eh, that's SEA" done. That certainly was the case in 4, and arguably 5 (Both Siam and Indo, while greatly different, are more Indian influenced than Chinese influenced).

Last edited:
Armenians 7+1 = 8 (discussion here has stimulated my interest in them)
Ashanti 23
Burmese 22-3=19 (prefer vietnam)
Nubians 6
Phoenicians 17
Swahili/Kilwa 15
Tibetans 21
Vietnamese 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom