Never-Before-Seen Civs Poll

Which of these civs do you want to see in the future? (Choose 7)

• Apache/Navajo/etc.

Votes: 114 37.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 49 16.0%
  • Armenia

Votes: 49 16.0%
  • Ashanti

Votes: 76 24.8%
  • Benin/Dahomey

Votes: 41 13.4%
  • Bulgaria/Thrace

Votes: 40 13.0%
  • Burma

Votes: 46 15.0%
  • Canada

Votes: 59 19.2%
  • Cherokee/Creek/Choctaw/etc.

Votes: 66 21.5%
  • Colombia (or Gran Colombia)

Votes: 70 22.8%
  • Etruria

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Gothia (any Goths)

Votes: 60 19.5%
  • Haida/Tlingit

Votes: 45 14.7%
  • Hebrews/Israel

Votes: 89 29.0%
  • Hungary

Votes: 97 31.6%
  • Inuit

Votes: 62 20.2%
  • Ireland

Votes: 50 16.3%
  • Italy (including Florence, Genoa, etc.)

Votes: 124 40.4%
  • Kilwa/Swahili

Votes: 56 18.2%
  • Lydia/Pontus/Kappadokia/etc.

Votes: 14 4.6%
  • Mughals

Votes: 56 18.2%
  • Palmyra/Syria/Nabataea/etc.

Votes: 32 10.4%
  • Phoenicia/Canaanites

Votes: 74 24.1%
  • Romania/Wallachia

Votes: 43 14.0%
  • Shawnee

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • Tibet

Votes: 78 25.4%
  • Vietnam

Votes: 141 45.9%
  • Ukraine/Kievan Rus'

Votes: 33 10.7%
  • Zimbabwe/Mutapa

Votes: 53 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 53 17.3%

• Total voters
I really would like to see Tibet, but I know that they will never be added as a full civ. :(

For a new niche civ, definitely the Inuit.

There are more options than I could vote for, but here are mine

Bulgaria - Simeon I
Armenia - Tigran II
Israel - David
Myanmar - Bayinnaung
Tlingit - Gushklin
Ashanti - Yaa Ashantewaa
Ruthenia (Kievan Rus) - Olga the Saint

Options i couldn't vote for, but wanted to: mughals, italians, creek, kilwa

Options not included in the poll: franks, khazars, (crimean) tatars, timurids, maori, malay, mitanni

Shout-out to the literally only other person thus far that has voted for Etruria :^)

Other than that, I voted Armenia, Goths, Hungary, Italy, Kilwa and "Other". I personally want to see Numidia, the Manchu and the Olmecs as well, but ideally I'd choose more civs from the poll if I could.

Shout-out to the literally only other person thus far that has voted for Etruria :^)

Other than that, I voted Armenia, Goths, Hungary, Italy, Kilwa and "Other". I personally want to see Numidia, the Manchu and the Olmecs as well, but ideally I'd choose more civs from the poll if I could.
Would you want both Etruria and Italy?

Like in the missing civs poll, I must selfishly admit that I'd want almost all of these but I did my best to choose just 7.

Apache/Navajo/etc.: Since we most likely won't see the Pueblo, it would be cool to get the Navajo under Narbona. Another choice I'd be happy with would be Comanche since they controlled a lot of land and have a few cool leaders like Iron Jacket (probably the leader with the coolest name!).
Benin/Dahomey: The Ashanti are cool but I gotta give the edge to Benin and their magical Queen Idia.
Cherokee/Creek/Choctaw/etc.: The Choctaw are the best choice in my opinion. Not only are they descendants of the Mississippians but they have a great leader with Pushmataha.
Haida/Tlingit: Hoping we'll get about 5 Native American civs and one of these covers an important cultural area. I'd prefer the Tlingit since I think we know enough about Gush X'een to at least make some fun abilities.
Palmyra/Syria/Nabataea/etc.: Zenobia is another spectacular choice for a leader and they could have some fun abilities around lowering the loyalty of cities of a civ in a dark age.
Romania/Wallachia: Would be great to see Vlad III Tepes as a strict disciplinarian who fought corruption as much as he fought the Ottoman Empire.
Vietnam: Was a tough one between this and Burma but, as much as I like Bayinnaung, I think the Trung Sisters are just slightly more interesting. Maybe riding elephants and getting 2 leaders for the price of one has something to do with it.

By the way, Switzerland has been mentioned more recently in the forums as the idea of a civ that cannot declare war was aired, and I think it got some support for that.

I would like to see Chola/Tamil as a new civ at some point too, which lasted from about 300 B.C.E. all the way into the late 13th Century.

I'm sure some would vote for the Minoans as well, come to think of it (It would be getting rather Greekcentric tho..)

Sure, it wouldn't be the first time 2 civs occupy the same general area. That also depends on the Italian civ (whether it's Italy as a whole or a certain city-state) so there might be no conflict at all.

Yep as expected Vietnam and Italy are top of the list! I did not realize how popular Hungary was though I admit eastern Europe is severely underrepresented.

I really hope the Navajo have a shot going forward. I also voted for the Haida. Both represent regions/cultures not yet fully depicted in the series, and I think they would be innovative and interesting.

I also would like to see Kievan Rus, although I'd be happy with an alt Russia leader like Yaroslav or Vladimir representing an earlier time in Russian history. Plus, Kiev could finally be in the game!

Finally, I am a huge proponent of representation of Florence, Venice and Milan in the game. If nothing else, they should have already been included as city-states. Bad Firaxis!
One remark: Russia is not Rus. Moscow did not not exist when Kyiv already did. Russia has always wanted to appropriate Ukraine's history. Unfortunately Firaxis have already given Lavra (if they mean Kyiv Pechersk Lavra, built in 1051) and Cossacks to Russia(

Last edited:
I'm really hoping for the less 'PC' civs. They seem to be willing to tread that area with Georgia and Cree, but I want to see it taken further:
1. Israël - would make the Middle-East more interesting in games and can lead so a lot of interesting agenda issues "They just plain don't like you" is actually realistic in this case
2. South-Africa: Many believe this nation deserves no place on the list due to it's racist past. But let's be honest: we would have to exclude absolutely every 'white' nation in that case. and Nelson Mandela does deserve a place, despite his relatively recent death.
3. Cuba: I want to see a post WWII game with powers that were actually relative at the time. USSR, USA, Cuba, etc. Besides: the Americas need some filling as it is, even with Cree and Mapuche

hmm a lot of Civs I want miss from poll.

Gonna mention few I want:
Lithuania or Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth for later even one leader fits great Jogaila, later Władysław II Jagiełło was leader of both countries, would be great alt Polish Leader choice if firaxis thinks solo Lithuania is not big enough for release.
Elam one of the ancient Civs. That existed for very long time , on and off.
Isreal - In some form, if they cant add Israel/Judea , they can add them as a Crusader state which would be even more awesome. Or even more ancient type Canaan.
Serbia
- in some form.
South Africa/Madagascar/Boer-any civ that on true start location map can dumpster Zulu fast.

From Poll choices:
Argentina - they added Brazil even before Portugal. So spanish counterpart must be added too, also that location is lacking for Civ. Plus Argentina vs Brazil rivalry.
Canada
Isreal -
from my above mentioned
Ireland
- we got Scotland instead of Celts , then might as well add Irish.
Italy - great culture civ.
Vietnam
Romania/Wallachia
- Vlad!!!!!!!!!!!! now that is scary leader
Others from above

Last edited:
I'm surprised that Israel/Hebrews are getting so few votes. If there is a single civ on this list that deserves representation, it's them.

1. Apache/Navajo/etc.
  2. Bulgaria/Thrace
  3. Hungary
  4. Kilwa/Swahili
  5. Mughals
  6. Vietnam
  7. Other: Karakhanid or Gokturk Khaganate

That is so hard to choose... :crazyeye:

1. Apache/Navajo/etc.
2. Bulgaria/Thrace
3. Colombia (or Gran Colombia)
4. Hungary (or Austria-Hungary)
5. Inuit
6. Kilwa/Swahili

7. Phoenicia/Canaanites

I'm surprised that Israel/Hebrews are getting so few votes. If there is a single civ on this list that deserves representation, it's them.
Depends what you call "so few". At the time i read, it is the 6th civ asked over the 29 of the list (and without count other). That is not bad.

I struggled to come up with more than 4 I sort of wanted. At some point we have to admit that there are a limited number of distinct, note worthy civilisations that would give a player the feeling that they are battling the greatest leaders from history. This is starting to look like an exercise is culture diversity more than anything else.

I struggled to come up with more than 4 I sort of wanted. At some point we have to admit that there are a limited number of distinct, note worthy civilisations that would give a player the feeling that they are battling the greatest leaders from history. This is starting to look like an exercise is culture diversity more than anything else.

That's part of why I curtailed the votes in this thread from 10 to 7.

We're just not going to get very many of the civs above. Maybe 3-4 more new-to-franchise civs in XP2.

People's expectations are leaning way more heavily towards the 20+ classic civs that have yet to return. (See the Missing Civs thread.)

I really would like to see Tibet, but I know that they will never be added as a full civ. :(

I think it's not impossible, but it would have to be done with a lot of care to not upset the PRC. There's no chance if the leader is a Dalai Lama. But pulling from the Tibetan Empire has some promise. Perhaps they can use the name "Tufan." I don't know about the Chinese translations (whether or not there's an archaic term they can use).

Personally, I don't see on as really limiting the other. But I'm a big believer in having way more civs than any set limit.

Top Bottom