New Beta Version - August 5th (8-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried downloading 8-5b, data added 8/6/2019 12:46.

If I enable all of the aspects of the mod, the game crashes.
If will run using only mod#1
It will run but will clear errors only using mod#2 (mountains are all grassland or plains, have yields, and can be worked, the civipedia will not open at all).

Has anyone had success downloading this version? I've ensured that there are no other possible mods that could be conflicting.

Has anyone had success downloading this version?
I do
Currently running perfecly (Turn242) Marathon/Huge Communitu_79 and a lot of mods:
ml.png

I do
Currently running perfecly (Turn242) Marathon/Huge Communitu_79 and a lot of mods:
View attachment 531665
Was is the same version I got? (it was updated on the 6th)

It 100% has a lot of odd features
Spoiler Delicious Mountains :

UPDATE Terrain_Yields
SET Yield = '1'
WHERE TerrainType = 'TERRAIN_MOUNTAIN' AND YieldType= 'YIELD_FOOD' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_TERRAIN' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Terrain_Yields
SET Yield = '1'
WHERE TerrainType = 'TERRAIN_MOUNTAIN' AND YieldType= 'YIELD_PRODUCTION' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_TERRAIN' AND Value= 1 );

An no info pop ups appearing over anything

Redownloaded just now, I can confirm that the version right now will not install EUI, and that mountains will have yields.

Aside from this it does appear to work, but I didn't play for too long.

Redownloaded just now, I can confirm that the version right now will not install EUI, and that mountains will have yields.

Aside from this it does appear to work, but I didn't play for too long.

If you've changed your install directory, make sure the UI_bc1 folder ends up in your DLC folder of your civ 5 install.

G

Emperor/Huge/14 civs/standard tectonic settings/epic
Authority feels pretty strong.
Haven't had too much trouble getting 5 cities online but food isn't lacking for now. I was afraid the authortity food removal would hurt more tbh.
Capturing a settler seems to be quite detrimental to the AI... obviously.
Happiness already feels more challenging. But not unfair. it's been pretty close to 50% and I had to get a little involved but not too much so far. Will try to report on happiness as my game progresses.
I'm afraid the game will become pretty easy once I take over Sejong hopefully (what else am I supposed to do? he would lock me in otherwise). I'm also incentivised to be agressive with this civ.
Grabbed Petra but I'll hopefully be able to grab the Parthenon for thematic reasons : ) Had no chance to get Staute of Zeus actually...
Will also try to report on how progress vs tradition civs are doing. Someone pls fix Venic going progress... unless it's actually good?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    652.3 KB · Views: 132
If you've changed your install directory, make sure the UI_bc1 folder ends up in your DLC folder of your civ 5 install.

G
No I didn't change the directory but the UI_bc1 isn't being installed. Any way to download that part individually?

Edit: I tried using an old UI_bc1 and it just crashes.

Last edited:
I've noticed that the "passing through/declaring war" trigger is still way too touchy. It just happened to me when 5 ships are no closer than 10 sea hexes from the ccity.

Last edited:
I've noticed that the "passing through/declaring war" trigger is still way too touchy. It just happned to me when 5 ships are no closer than 10 sea hexes from the ccity.

That's a vanilla mechanic, VP only removed it for Open Borders and DoF.

If you have 5 or more military units visible to the AI that are close enough to their border, or you move 3 or more military units within this range in one turn, they will send you the warning unless you resurrected them, you have Open Borders, or you have a Declaration of Friendship.

Units inside your borders (defending your lands) count as half.

I am definitely getting the feel that every AI is leagues ahead of me in settling every game, regardless of starting positions or policies(well, more so than usual). By the time I get my first settler(let alone second), the AIs have two extra cities AND a bigger capital, somehow. Dunno if it's just been the games I've so far started, but it's pretty discouraging. (Playing on Emperor.)

I am definitely getting the feel that every AI is leagues ahead of me in settling every game, regardless of starting positions or policies(well, more so than usual). By the time I get my first settler(let alone second), the AIs have two extra cities AND a bigger capital, somehow. Dunno if it's just been the games I've so far started, but it's pretty discouraging. (Playing on Emperor.)

I think the cause is that Worker the AI starts with. The ability to get farms from the very start and get it faster means they have a huge advantage in the early game regarding settling cities. Now imagine the AI with floodplains start and get those farms so they have 5 :c5food: Food tiles.

I think the cause is that Worker the AI starts with. The ability to get farms from the very start and get it faster means they have a huge advantage in the early game regarding settling cities. Now imagine the AI with floodplains start and get those farms so they have 5 :c5food: Food tiles.
I complained about this over the recent months, but ever since I started editing starting conditions (no starting worker and each civ starts with warrior/pathfinder) using "Really Advanced Setup", things have been solid. I might even try stepping up to immortal soon.

No I didn't change the directory but the UI_bc1 isn't being installed. Any way to download that part individually?

Look in the manual install directory on the how to install page, file folder is hosted there.

I had a problem like this recently as well. I fixed it by downloading the Magnus Mutatio modpack and extracting the UI_bc1 folder from that into the DLC folder.

Just curious, what has changed in your setup between the last working version and now? Did your system update? / Did you touch the user rights? Changed your antivirus (/settings)?

Have you tried searching for the UI_bc1 folder? Did it land somewhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom