1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - December 1st (12-1)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Dec 1, 2019.

1. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Check your religion, I think that's a reformation perk.

2. CyberPhy

CyberPhy Chieftain

I have religion disabled
    I will try to upload a screen shot soon

3. CyberPhy

CyberPhy Chieftain

I was a little off its 12 Culture
    Screenshot (1).png

4. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

It looks like you're using 4UC, but 4UC doesn't boost castles.
    What other mods are you using?

5. CyberPhy

CyberPhy Chieftain

I have (over) More Unique Components for VP (v 55) and Vox Populi's Bare Necessities (v 4)

6. Guynemer

Guynemer Prince

Also, the UI looks messed up; gotta be some sort of conflict going on.

7. CyberPhy

CyberPhy Chieftain

Thats probably because I have the font size jacked up so I can play on my TV

8. andersw

andersw King

Is turn 100 on immortal on standard speed?
    (Sounds very early for epic.)

9. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Yes that is on Standard Speed. I found that on Immortal Difficulty if I shoot for Turn 100 I can found pretty consistently (once in a bluemoon all the religions go by turn 92 or so....and sometimes they go as long turn 115...but 100 is pretty consistently when the religions run out).

10. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors King

There's a multiplier to the WAR and HOSTILE scores based on proximity (also whether they really want to conquer you), so the AI will generally declare war more often against people close by.

America's UA is perfectly usable (you do get the tile) but it royally pisses off the AI when you steal their land, and increases war likelihood (they even tell you this).

It doesn't decay (else it would be very human exploitable) but you don't obtain the penalty while at war, and if you go to war the penalty is reset.

The idea is that the AI gets progressively angrier the more territory you steal during peacetime, until a war ends up happening.

I could nerf the opinion penalty per tile though (at least if you're not stealing resources/GPTIs/NWs.

1) Good point re: other vassals. I can add that.

2) Montezuma, IIRC, already has the lowest possible warmonger hatred flavor, so it's not that large a jump, but I see your concern. The trouble is that the opinion/approach penalty for warmongering and anti-warmonger fervor are tied together, and I couldn't think of a better solution.

However, giving it some more thought, I could add a memory value tracking how many times war was declared by a specific player, and zero out warmongering penalty as long as the number of wars you declare on him remains zero, without changing anti-warmonger fervor...

3) Yes...although I've just thought of a solution for that.

Firaxis only added a penalty for asking not to settle and not to spy, the other promise requests don't incur a penalty.

cerk and JamesNinelives like this.
  11. CyberPhy

CyberPhy Chieftain

ok so I reinstalled VP and it seems to be working now, i dont know why that happened .

vyyt, JamesNinelives and pineappledan like this.
  12. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

- Pantheon not spreading to conquered or bought cities (Venice) is indeed sometimes a problem. I would really like to see this changed into an automatic conversion, atleast till you have founded an own religion, after that its ok, if they stay like they are.
    - Yeah, luxuries are too cheap later on. The AI didnt seem to use them strategic and buy them even if they are at 100% happiness and "should know" that you are getting an advantage by buying their luxuries.
    - Never played America (kinda arrogant to call the USA like a whole continent), but I think it make sense as warmonger, cause you can buy tiles to come closer the enemy cities and be able to regenerate faster while sieging. Maybe the slow but permanent expansion of the early USA into the territories of the indogene population was the background of this UA? If you want to conquer them anyway, you probably dont care about the diplomatic penalty.
    - Yeah, never saw an AI using the medic promotion on their scouts, while its a fantastic early game sieging support. I think removing the option would increase the human/AI balance.
    - I agree, Austria can be a real monster. Neither Siam, Germany or Greece can beat Austria in the point of collecting CS and votes. Best to go for her early and eradicate Austria from the planet.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  13. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

Ok, some more time playing, I think this new promotion on Skirmishers is borderline....
    Ive needed a swordsman, 2 highly promoted composite bowman and a horseman to kill one Heavy Skirmisher.
    2 Heavy Skirmisher were able to kill one of my Swordsman on open terrain with only one attack each, even my Swordsman has the cover promotion.
    Thats silly. I dunno why you could think that a +50% CS/RCS promotion on a unit could be a good idea.

lunker and vyyt like this.
  14. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives King

I'm not a fan of the Medic I and II promotions on the scout line either, but interestingly for quite a different reason. Specifically opportunity cost. Stacking mobility, visibility, and durability promotions has such incredible utility (at least, on the settings I play) that I can't imagine ever not going that path (unless you have a surplus of recon units I guess).

I would be in favour of Medic I and II being removed from the recon tree, but it should be noted that without them it is possible to run out of promotions to choose. Scout experience would effectively cap at level 10.

Kim Dong Un, vyyt and cerk like this.
  15. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors King

A few more diplo changes:
    Code:
    Fixed some bugs

Added some new memory values for upcoming improvements

AI will consider you untrustworthy if (among other things) you backstabbed them *or* any of your teammates backstabbed them, to prevent any sneaky exploits from working

AI will add your teammates' betrayals to your own when evaluating trustworthiness, for the same reason

Implemented suggestions from Omen of Peace:

If you declare war on your own vassal, any other vassals of yours will consider you untrustworthy

Reworked Aztec warmonger ignore mechanic:
    - They will gain anti-warmonger fervor normally whether human or AI, so no combat disadvantages

- However, in regards to the opinion and approach penalty, unless Montezuma considers you a backstabber or you captured his capital/Holy City, warmongering penalties will be reduced to 0.

- Declaring war on him (except through vassalage/DPs) or capturing one of his cities removes 20% of this reduction; after 5 attacks he will view you the same as a normal AI,
    albeit one with a very low WarmongerHate flavor.

- Attacking and/or betraying his teammates also counts against this

Ending a Declaration of Friendship via the Discuss menu now starts a 10-turn timer (visible in the opinion table for that AI). If you denounce or declare war on the AI during this time you
    will receive backstabbing penalties as if you were still friends. This prevents exploits.
    - Updated text to clearly warn the player about this.
    - AI taught to not denounce/DoW while the timer is in effect.

16. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

You checked integrity with steam as well and looking at your MOD folder for incompatibilities?

17. cerk

cerk Chieftain

Its just so much fun seeing 3 rows worth of promotions on an XCOM commander shepard.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  18. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost King

Based on several games played over the last few versions, I can corroborate some of the patterns that others have reported in the AI's biases toward certain policies.
    - They almost always start with Tradition or Authority, and almost never Progress.
    - They choose Statecraft disproportionately often.
    - They never choose Autocracy.

Hoping to see some of these addressed in the future.

19. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

In my recent game with Austria. Spain went Authority/Fealty/Imperialism and Autocracy and steamrolled the world.

Isabella AI dimply decided to conquest every city state in her reach strangling my income and denying 2 votes every time in WC.

Beside Arabia that was the second Civ score wise and first tech wise went from Freedom (like Austria and Brazil, my vassal) to Autocracy all of sudden and voluntarily vassalizing himself to Spain. I was shocked. Their capital was untouched.

America stayed in his isolationist Order with Egypt (his vassal) and Huns and Ethiopia (vassal) went in his DoW raging fury with Landslides and Artillery vs Heavy bombers/Bazookas and the like.

20. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

Any chance that can we install this on top of 12.1.1 ?

My last game (Transparent diplomacy) some malus like not moving troops from borders lasted forever.

My vassals changed from Guarded to Afraid to Hostile and never to Friendly. Quite strange and annoying. I gifted him with gold, luxuries and technology, put a diplomat in his capital and still had a hard time getting good mood.