1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - July 15th (7/15)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Unedjis

Unedjis Warlord

Hi all!

I've taken it upon myself to modmod Anno Domini, which uses some version of the Community Patch. First off: THANK YOU for making this, the CP opens up so many new options, the first time I went through CoreTableAdditions.xml I almost came because IT'S JUST THAT GREAT.

I've briefly skimmed the Wiki, which seems to have been tailored towards users rather than modders. My question is, is there a function that lets you prevent City States from giving certain resources to the player? Anno Domini has a lot of resource-producing buildings, which puts me in a predicament. On the one hand, I want resources to be scarce, so I should disallow resource-producing buildings for City States (that's what Rob did). On the other hand, I want City States to have a decent infrastructure and military. But since I've also vastly expanded resource requirements for buildings to an extent that there are hardly any buildings at all that don't need any resources, City States are going to suffer both in infrastructure and military strength. Hence my question if your amazing tool can offer something that might solve my problem. I *could* do it like Rob and disallow those buildings for City States, but that would force me to include duplicate buildings and units that are only available to City States - which would be clumsy and a LOT of work.

Cheers,
    Unedjis

John.B.C, vyyt and black213 like this.
  2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Your best bet would be lua - I think there’s a lua hook for minor civ resource giving.

G

3. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

GEESE.jpg I got a screenshot. As always, I AM THE BEARER OF TRUTH. 4 Gold from academy is real. I got 50 or 75 for one at one time, but I saw 4 Gold for an Academy as well the next one. I play on Epic, so it might've been 3 (scaled with speed to 4). I think it's medieval era in the screenshot, I recall opening with Chemistry for +1 Culture Polders and potential Leaning Tower

4. DiBurkle

DiBurkle Chieftain

Been very happy with this patch and the changes, but gonna hold on for a while for the Barbarians fix (which seems to be fixed for next release). Any idea on whats next for VP? Curious to see what else need to be changed in the game.

5. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

There's sort of a makeshift fix to this barbie issue by the way. I've been using it. Go to communityoptions.sql in (2) community balance overhaul, search for Barbarian, in particular

Barbarians can Steal Gold
    1 = Enabled (Default)
    0 = Disabled
    */

INSERT INTO COMMUNITY (Type, Value)
    VALUES ('COMMUNITY_CORE_BARBARIAN_THEFT', 1);

Change 1 into 0. Barbies can't steal anything, so they can't steal crazy values.

6. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

It looks like using "Really advanced Setup" is also fixing the problem, I didnt have huge barbarian raids, if I make a game with it.

Jdoug312 likes this.
  7. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

The bonus yield tracker does not track faith earned for killing units, either from the Aztec UA, or the God of War pantheon (I'm pretty sure pictish warriors don't either).

8. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

Last time I checked it, it also didn't track Culture/Science from Authority kills either.

9. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Emperor

Not sure if importnat, but I just wanted to mention that with this version I've played 4 games with the Aztecs as one of the AIs, and in all games Monty first completed the Authority tree and then moved on to the Progress tree.

10. arthurF

arthurF Warlord

One weird thing is that when moving from Diety to Immortal, the AI seems to take a stupid pill. Can anyone think of any reason why that would be? In immortal, i can get 90% of wonders, have full military supremacy and technical lead, but in Diety I am often struggling by 500 AD.

11. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

I can think of a reason. Deity is harder because the AI has larger bonuses.

12. arthurF

arthurF Warlord

Obviously, but i'm not talking about the unit bonuses. It's like it sends out units to the entire map, keeps them there, never brings them back to help out in wars.

13. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

I don't know what you mean, I don't see anything about unit bonuses in your question. In immortal they will have fewer units total. In deity they do have units all over the map, I run into scouts or melee all the time. The AI recently got an update to try and sneak units around to try and pillage the back. There isn't a significant difference is what the AI does between the two difficulties.

14. knml

knml Chieftain

Is it intentional or a bug that Songhai's ability to ignore terrain cost when adjacent to rivers overrides The Great Wall's ability?

15. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Intentional.

Stalker0 likes this.
  16. intelli

intelli Warlord

What is up with the happiness dip when a city comes out of resistance? Once resistance ends I'm getting spikes in all the unhappiness types along with the unhappiness from occupation; feels like I need to have 20 spare happiness to annex a city.

17. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

When you conquer a city, some buildings are destroyed. That, along with pillaged tiles result in low yields output, which makes unhappiness.

vyyt likes this.
  18. darko82

darko82 Emperor

A bit annoying - some resources have missing text in tooltip.

Zrzut ekranu (27).png

And I do not know why. It says I do not have enough gold to buy some things, even though I do have enough gold.

Zrzut ekranu (28).png

I do not really understand this.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  19. intelli

intelli Warlord

I understand the mechanic, what I don't understand is the spike in unhappiness after the period of resistance ends. Seems a bit unrealistic and counterintuitive.

20. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

Check unhappiness source in this city.