New Beta Version - July 16th (7/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides, why should the actions of one empire affect the spies of another in such a way?

G
Not directly, maybe, but assassination or sabotage attempt would definitely put security forces of the city on teir toes. Oh well. I guess I'll just mod anti-spy buildings/wonders to block some of the advanced actions completely.

CSs have a cooldown for each coup, so a similar beefing up of security could be expected in the city which just got its biggest construction project bombed. Not like all the foreign spies in your capital held a convention and made plans on how to mess with this particular civ in consecutive order, right?

I don't have an opinion on this. Just throwing that out there. Balance wise I don't think this matters all that much.

It's not a convention -- it's a feeding frenzy, on your bounty of techs. This makes sense to me, annoying as it is.

I don't mind tech stealing. Recurring sabotages and assassinations, however, are rather disastrous.

While you at it, could you also consider making advanced actions (both successful and failed) to reset advanced action timers of other spies located in same city? Last time, when I was first to hit Renaissance, my capital was constantly wrecked for the rest of the game, despite having lvl3 spy on defense.
I've got a solution for you - try higher difficulty. Last time i was 2nd in tech and i had tradition (great capital) but i have no spies in my city, cause AIs had better capitals

Nobody worries about losing some gold. Specially is gold is spent regularly as it should. So blocking gold stealing sounds like crap to me as it increases other, more hurting actions.

What we fear most are: GP (blocked by a religious building already), wonders, great works. Stealing science is not welcomed, but the Rationalism tree works against it. Blocking those actions would be major reasons to get those buildings. Let them take as much gold as they want!

Nobody worries about losing some gold. Specially is gold is spent regularly as it should. So blocking gold stealing sounds like crap to me as it increases other, more hurting actions.

What we fear most are: GP (blocked by a religious building already), wonders, great works. Stealing science is not welcomed, but the Rationalism tree works against it. Blocking those actions would be major reasons to get those buildings. Let them take as much gold as they want!
It won't do that in the later version. See G's post.

A tiny thing relatively speaking, but it seems the bonus to Temples on Organized Religion... seems to manifest on Amphitheater instead. Anyone else getting this?
I'm not getting the +1:c5culture: on temples, if that is what you mean. Not sure if its on ampitheatre or not

A tiny thing relatively speaking, but it seems the bonus to Temples on Organized Religion... seems to manifest on Amphitheater instead. Anyone else getting this?

I find the temple bonus often doesn't show up, or sometimes only shows up after a while. Same with the caravansary etc. bonus later in Piety.

Could you be getting an amphitheater bonus from The Parthenon?

Oh GREAT change to request for 1 policy grant the ability to use first and second most poplar pantheon beliefs.

Or maybe a wonder like... Drumroll the Pantheon for liberty

Last edited:
Or maybe for authority... Basically bringing that one back would be the best ability for cbp... Or how about perhaps as the finisher for Authority

Oh GREAT change to request for 1 policy grant the ability to use first and second most poplar pantheon beliefs.

Or maybe a wonder like... Drumroll the Pantheon for liberty

Or maybe for authority... Basically bringing that one back would be the best ability for cbp... Or how about perhaps as the finisher for Authority

Huh?

G

He wants that old Piety policy effect of the Religious Tolerance inside the new Piety(which I think is considerably strong considering how other pantheons act)

What do you mean at was already in the code... its just the old Policy relating to the second most popular religion...

Or perhaps... you guys might not think this is proper but what about drumroll maybe adding it to Rome... (pwetty pwease wit a chwewwy on twop). No seriously actually that OMG should have so been part of rome maybe drop them down to 5% production on buildings in capital and give them that they get to use the pantheon of the second most popular (the Roman Empire was perhaps the first Religious tolerant empire in history or with permission from JFD you can borrow his Pantheon wonder (really should be in Vox that frigging dome still stands and they still use the church 2000 years later) which has that effect.

Basically use the second most popular pantheon as well... now I know Vox's pantheons are stronger but that would SOO be the coolest ever it would make your mod like totally CELEBRITY AWESOMENESS.

I mean anyone who would download this mod would be completely insane it would make CBP like the most amazing thing ever. Like it would never be complete without it I mean seriously the greatest modders eva should never forget the greatest social policy or awesome sauce ;) because I know that's exactly what you guys are going to add in the next edition ;)

I find the temple bonus often doesn't show up, or sometimes only shows up after a while. Same with the caravansary etc. bonus later in Piety.

Could you be getting an amphitheater bonus from The Parthenon?
See, I thought about that, but the bonus to base Amphitheaters was +2c +1f(and I missed Parthenon that game). Double-checking every possible bonus, it certainly did seem like it was the Temple one (since that one is not contingent on you having a religion, unlike the Caravancary/Market/Harbor one), as it was also not visible on Temple (either on cityview or building list).

I shall have another go at it once I can stomach another game - had an eight-hour 'snowball to hell' game yesterday where things just went from bad to worse...
EDIT: new version happened, so 'course going to go with that. Nvm this, heh.

Last edited:
  • Reworked how unit defense against airplanes works:
  • Problem: was a flat number (10) w/ randomizer (8 + 5r) for all units.
  • Solution:
    • Most post-renaissance units have a new value - Air Strike Defense
    • This number, added to a small 5r random number, defines the amount of damage a plane will receive when air striking against something.

Please clarify on ASD value. Example: if a unit has 20 ASD, how exactly is the resulting damage calculated? 20+5r is range 15..25 or range 20..25? Or is it somehow mixed with original formula?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom