New Beta Version - March 15th (3-15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first gut reaction, 2 more CS on the Arsenal isn’t going to do a thing to stop the later attacks from crushing cities

Found a bug with Songhai. See attached save game. Trying to move my warrior in the south-east. I want to move north-east. To avoid Barbarian's ZoC and because of the river and Songhai's special ability, it wants me to go east, then north-west. But this would take me through Morocco territory, which the game won't let me do either. So I can't move the way I want.

Attachments

• Askia_0020 BC-3200.Civ5Save
    853.1 KB · Views: 109
ilteroi has fixed the auto exploring issue and reverted the human movement in minor territory change. I suspect there will be a hotfix soon.

Thanks. Before I saw this, I saved the game with the same issue:

Attachments

• Askia_0002 BC-3920.Civ5Save
    807.6 KB · Views: 101
Hi guys, please see attached save game. To the west of Goa is a group of 3 barbarians. On the south most barbarian, he has a circle, so looks unfortified, but the tooltip says fortified. Is this a bug?

Attachments

• Askia_0034 BC-2640.Civ5Save
    935.5 KB · Views: 106
Has the "Military Near City-State" for CS tribute formula been changed? I have a warrior within 6 tiles and 3 warriors within 7, and it's not giving me any increase for that, even at the beginning of the game. I am getting the "overall military power" bonus. In the 3-1 Beta I was getting the first bonus also with units 7 tiles away.

Last edited:
So what is the formula for barbarian stealing from cities? It seems high in this version.

Thanks

Lol at the post tag :p

about the mod, I've got strange issues : when I click next turn, it doesn't work; I have to fortify any unit garrisoned which isn't already fortifying/healing. Moreover if the unit is not full life, I will have to do it again when the unit gets full life.

Last edited:
Most seems fine up to t187, I've had the pathing issue through CS, and I've had AI steal God of the open sky from me (how dare you!), oh well got to try the new earth mother which doesnt seem bad.
I did raze two Arabian cities in the early game which created this when he resettled.
Spoiler :

upload_2020-3-17_11-17-14.png

Has the "Military Near City-State" for CS tribute formula been changed? I have a warrior within 6 tiles and 3 warriors within 7, and it's not giving me any increase for that, even at the beginning of the game. I am getting the "overall military power" bonus. In the 3-1 Beta I was getting the first bonus also with units 7 tiles away.

Don't think that's an intended change, may have to do with ilteroi's pathfinding and border changes. I'd report that on Github.

I've had an experience similar to @Gokudo01, where my game ended on turn 82, since nothing happened when clicking "Next turn" and I was forced to quit.

Furthermore, I experienced that one of the other civilizations (Russia) didn't settle, so she was just stuck a 2 points with 0 cities and 0 units. Not sure if this is a bug, or if it just happens once in a while if their settler gets captured.

Lol at the post tag :p

about the mod, I've got strange issues : when I click next turn, it doesn't work; I have to fortify any unit garrisoned which isn't already fortifying/healing. Moreover if the unit is not full life, I will have to do it again when the unit gets full life.
Please report this to GitHub. You or @Fredster143 :)

Can someone tell me what is the difference between generate and receive Foreign Religious Pressure in UA of Celts?

Spoiler :
Civ5Screen0007.png

Can someone tell me what is the difference between generate and receive Foreign Religious Pressure in UA of Celts?

Generate means that your cities create religious pressure (usually for your religion) in other people's cities. Recieve means that other people's cities create religious pressure (usually for their religion) in your cities. Or rather, with the Celts UA they don't :). Kind of like closed borders going both ways, but for religion.

Last edited:
Loving the VP; I'm putting out issues to help the programmers; nothing should be construed as criticism.

There are a lot more barb camps on this beta. There are two options for this: 1) they are spawning more often, or 2) the AI is not attacking them. I think it's option 2). See the saved game. On the far-west of the map is the Morrocon city of Rabat, with a Barb camp right on the border. He has an archer in range to shoot (that isn't shooting) and three warriors.

Attachments

• Askia_0044 BC-2240.Civ5Save
    1,000.1 KB · Views: 103
Loving the VP; I'm putting out issues to help the programmers; nothing should be construed as criticism.

There are a lot more barb camps on this beta. There are two options for this: 1) they are spawning more often, or 2) the AI is not attacking them. I think it's option 2). See the saved game. On the far-west of the map is the Morrocon city of Rabat, with a Barb camp right on the border. He has an archer in range to shoot (that isn't shooting) and three warriors.

Yes the (emperor) AI seems very passive clearing barb camps. (somehow got me thinking of camp barbs)
I cleared several around my neighbours that they should easily have been able to deal with.

I'm noticing the AI diplo change, they antagonize you much earlier if you do well in the early game. Especially notable if you are playing a civ like Carthage or Babylon, who tend to generate a lot of early science and grab wonders.

Do policy/ideology specific wonders get a different treatment on AI wonder competition evaluation? It shouldn't matter for a Tradition AI if you built Alhambra, or an Order AI if you build Statue of Liberty.

Yes the (emperor) AI seems very passive clearing barb camps. (somehow got me thinking of camp barbs)
I cleared several around my neighbours that they should easily have been able to deal with.

That's because CSs are no longer clearing camps or doing barb hunting.

I'm noticing the AI diplo change, they antagonize you much earlier if you do well in the early game. Especially notable if you are playing a civ like Carthage or Babylon, who tend to generate a lot of early science and grab wonders.

Do policy/ideology specific wonders get a different treatment on AI wonder competition evaluation? It shouldn't matter for a Tradition AI if you built Alhambra, or an Order AI if you build Statue of Liberty.

Would you say the aggression level feels balanced (i.e. fun but challenging)? The aggressive/passive balance is a tough one to manage. :)

No, they don't, but the "You are competing for World Wonders." modifier is only based on the number of Wonders you've beaten the AI to building. So a progress AI will never count University of Sankore towards it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom