New Beta Version - May 5th (5/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the notifications not showing at the right side of the screen is still existent. I'm using "Community Patch only", no other mods.

FYI, the missing notification icons I reported with the 4-29 version (using Community Patch Only option) is still present. Recap - Icons notification along the right side of the screen no longer appear using this version. Last functioning version without this issue was 4-16.

Thanks!

The problem with the notifications not showing at the right side of the screen is still existent. I'm using "Community Patch only", no other mods.

FYI, the missing notification icons I reported with the 4-29 version (using Community Patch Only option) is still present. Recap - Icons notification along the right side of the screen no longer appear using this version. Last functioning version without this issue was 4-16.

Thanks!

Replace your lua folder with this in CP.

G

Attachments

• LUA.zip
    281.1 KB · Views: 61
Replace your lua folder with this in CP.

G

Perfect, that fixed it, thanks! Will we have to do that going forward with mod updates or did we just get something corrupted somewhere along the way? Thanks again!

I like the new base security UI

Spoiler :

upload_2021-5-7_0-16-49.png

Stays simple but shows me at a glance a "Security 1 city" vs a "Security 1 city with a major bonus due to tech difference"

Got to try the city defense assault now with the hotfix. Its really cool, I got a kick out of using it...but as I use it I don't know how we can really balance it. For 5 turns I get a +20% to attack a city, and it can't heal. I mean as soon as the AI figures out how to use this, holy crap, human cities will fall like wheat in my opinion.

I'm also noticing security changes pretty fast at this point in the game. I did a mission in Chicago, it went to security 10. Did another quick mission in a security 1, and by the time I came back to Chicago it was back to security 2 I think, so it drops down very fast.

I am not sure if others are experiencing this but, when placing a spy in a city-state, when the turn timer ticks from 2 turns to 1 turn of rigging my game will crash...

Not sure if its due to vp mod or a mod conflict with it and all my other mod mods

Excuse me, do you mean the CoreLua folder in MODS/(1) Community Patch/Core Files or something else?

He means (1) Community Patch > LUA

If that folder doesn't show up, it's because you installed all of VP and not just Community Patch only.

He means (1) Community Patch > LUA

If that folder doesn't show up, it's because you installed all of VP and not just Community Patch only.

Beware there's one more LUA folder nested into core files of the full install. If you overwrite that one your left menu will bug disappearing in a puff of smoke. The full install with the hotfix is fully working for me. There's a mod conflict with 4 uc. Posting on mods repository as well for Pineappledan.

Pilgrim 8food and 8gold, is that good?
Seems like quite a lot, is there use for that all that food if you're not going tall tradition?
Gold is always useful, but how useful? it scales nice with wide but gold is just gold....
Worth for Persia? maybe Austria so you buy CS faster?

Apostolic - removed Culture on spread; added +100 faith (scaling) when you research a tech
@Gazebo
So I was checking how you implemented this and it uses the new Belief_YieldFromTechUnlock that @HungryForFood implemented

I noticed, however, that you don't have RELIGION_EXTENSIONS enabled by default. I have set it as enabled in the G&KLeader balance changes, because Celts pantheons use this new code too, but I didn't want to mess with base mod options for a leader balance change. If Apostolic is going to use the Extended Beliefs code too, You might want to update the custommodoptions.xml directly.

I also see you have set era scaling. When this code was originally tested, setting EraScaling to true meant that the belief would scale both by number of followers AND by Era. Setting it at 100, scaling, will probably explode the amount of yields, unless you have altered this table somehow. I currently have a belief in my Extra beliefs mod that uses Belief_YieldFromTechUnlock only to give yields per follower, and I tried to match the total yield potential to Holy Law (1:c5faith::c5culture::c5goldenage: per follower, max of 250). Your numbers are much more aggressive than this, with tech scaling, and with a secondary effect.

I just want to make sure that you haven't altered this table for my own purposes, and that you had tested the 100:c5faith: instant boost to make sure it was scaling to your own satisfaction?

If you just wanted to wholesale replace Way of the Pilgrim with the Belief_YieldFromTechUnlock implementation from my modmod, that's also an option.

Just finished testing it.

@Gazebo , it appears you removed the follower scaling from Belief_YieldFromTechUnlock, so that breaks that aspect of the extra beliefs mod. I will submit a ticket on github.

If the yields on spread is such a problem, I recommend you condense Way of the Pilgrim and Apostolic Tradition into a single spreader belief, and implement Revelation from our Extra Beliefs mod as standalone replacement to one of them.

(Founder) - Revelation
Unlocks Chartarium wonder (3:c5science:3:c5faith:, +5 :c5science:science to holy sites, 3 slots for :greatwork:Great Works of Literature (+6:c5faith:/2:c5science: when themed))
When you discover a new Technology, gain 1:c5faith:/:c5goldenage:/:c5culture: for each Follower of your Religion (max of 250 Followers).

This current implementation is unsatisfactory in a few ways:
  • It's comparably much stronger than Holy Law's yields on policy adopt
  • It doesn't scale on followers like other instant yield founders
  • It has 2 abilities, unlike all previous Founders that only had 1 before the Pilgrim/Apostolic changes
  • It breaks a modmod :(
So I found what must be a bug or the mother of all synergies(I have no idea what that would be?) in the latest 5-5 version, apstolic tradition belief playing as Austria gives each researched tech a faith boost in the thousands and rising with each tech. No Idea if its just this combination that gives this result.

Have filed a bugreport to github, please let me know if I have missed something as it's the first one I have contributed with. First time I have found an issue I haven't already seen mentioned.

Easy fix, someone put a scaler on that instant yield that I didn't know about. Removed :)
This was intended behavior. it says the belief table scales with the number of followers in the documentation.

Please revert.

Last edited:
Playing w/ just the 5-5-2 community patch w/ notification fix, and i got an unavoidable crash at turn 160. I looked at the logs and found "[541911.953] ERROR: gc.getNumCorporationInfos <= 0" on one line in the xml.log, which only appeared in the entries where I crash at turn 160.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom