New Beta Version - November 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only bonus Pentagon could have that would conceivably make me interested in it late game would be getting full experience from buildings for purchased units. I just think my army is for the most part set at that point with plenty of earned promotions.

Maybe instead of the free :c5goldenage:GAPs, the Pyramids could give a free Granary? Some Civ III flavor right there.

G stated he never liked the terracotta army's bonus. He announced his intention to change it a month ago.
I agree, the GAP is not something I want to rush that early.

Another possibility could be just a free worker. Still fits the same theme with less snowballing

A free worker for Pyramids looks fitting. But not just a free worker.
Yeah, so what about two or three (along with the settler)? I'd probably build it. It would allow you to save some early gold and/or hammers in order to secure a solid start.

I'll post the full report soon. But just wanted to tease with...I love Lebansaum….muhahahah!!

upload_2019-11-11_2-44-28.png

I dislike the changes to Terracota and Pyramids. If the previous Terracota effects weren't AI-friendly, that's an understandable reason to change, but I'd prefer CrazyG's idea to give a certain amount of military units (together with increased cap). Re: the GAP from Pyramids, I prefer my first GA to come a bit later in the early game, so that I have time to improve my tiles (maybe get the GA monopoly) and settle a few more cities, just so I have more benefit from the GA.

As for Pentagon, I'm not a fan of the duplication effect at that point.

As stated earlier, i feel something is off with AI aggression.
On turn 522 only four wars have been declared (three by Assyria and one from Austria) and neither amounted to anything.
I even have Aztec as closest neighbor and he's friendly even though i expanded towards him.

I'm playing with the following:
Difficulty: Emperor
Game Speed: Marathon
16 players, 4 CS
Map: Small Pangea

I've been experiencing the same with this version, even with the provided hotfix. There are almost no wars, and even civs that are supposed to be warmongers are behaving unreasonably pacifistic.

On turn 522 only four wars have been declared (three by Assyria and one from Austria) and neither amounted to anything.
I even have Aztec as closest neighbor and he's friendly even though i expanded towards him...
That's because they heard of what happened to Denmark. As none wishes to be next, they keep their heads down ;)

I even have Aztec as closest neighbor and he's friendly even though i expanded towards him.

I'm playing with the following:
Difficulty: Emperor
Game Speed: Marathon
16 players, 4 CS
Map: Small Pangea

Are you playing with the AI aggression hotfix?

@Recursive
Did you implement new diplomatic penalty for digging an artifact inside AI's territory for the first time (before they ask to stop digging)? It seems it is not there. I stole an artifact by digging it from Siam, they asked me not to dig anymore, I promised, and there is no penalty.

I've been experiencing the same with this version, even with the provided hotfix. There are almost no wars, and even civs that are supposed to be warmongers are behaving unreasonably pacifistic.

Same for me with Sweden on turn 320. Shoshone, Portugal, Inca all went Autority, two of them near me and constested borders. No DoW. As Progress/Statecraft I won't go wormongering but I'll try to shake things up. Beside 5 on 7 AI's went Statecraft, again.

My diplo changes this version, except for a few tweaks, were geared towards raising aggression, not lowering it. So I don't think it's the cause - I'd speak to ilteroi re: tactical aggression.

Note that if you enabled any of the diplo options I added, you should expect less aggression. :)

@Recursive
Did you implement new diplomatic penalty for digging an artifact inside AI's territory for the first time (before they ask to stop digging)? It seems it is not there. I stole an artifact by digging it from Siam, they asked me not to dig anymore, I promised, and there is no penalty.

I did. Will double-check the code and test this out, thanks for the report.

Yep. Even with hotfix war is very rare, almost none in inferior eras.

Same here, well there are some wars but far from the agression of way back.
Forward settling like crazy no wars, even when backstabbing a civ I had declaration of friendship with all I get is denounciation.

I've had 3 wars declared on me so far (Industrial) All the civs passed peace accords, even though I never voted for i, which I've never seen before.

First war: Theodora tried to shake me down for 3 luxuries in Classical. She declared war 1 turn after I refused her demand.
Second/Third wars: Iroquois on my eastern border: We both have strong bottlenecks against each other's positions, and his other neighbor, England, is on the other side of 3 city states and abandoned the continent to settle various islands and mini-continents, so he has no territorial beef with anyone but me and I think he's just frustrated because he's losing badly.

Overall, the AI is definitely more apt to forgive and more friendly.

Figured I would make a reply about this update.
#1 The AI refuses to declare war
#2 Workers are all kind of screwed up when it comes to building city connection roads. They build one section of the road, go back to the city, go start building another section for one turn, go back to the city, so the AI doesn't have any city connections.
#3 The crashes that have been present for years are still present. It's impossible to play a long game without crashes on a specific turn which are impossible to get past. Meaning hours and hours on a game wasted.
#4 If you revert back to an older version of course you've still got the threat of crashing at any moment but the AI refuses to build navies and charges across the oceans embarked and feeds whatever navy ship is there.
#5 Turn times are still ******ed.
#6 And this is a very important issue that has never been fixed. Eventually every single game a few random tiles across the map become super tiles with thousands of culture or production or gold on it. Meaning whatever civ controls the tiles is going to win. And if you somehow manage to get the city which can be impossible at times becomes of the stupid "defense" production the tile will just revert back to normal once the player controls it.

I honestly can't figure out how anyone manages to play using this mod. It's go so many amazing features but the CP DLL is soooooooooo freaking buggy, bad, and makes turns times stupid.

Suppose you could release some stand alone sections of this mod without the dll. It would really make civ 5 enjoyable again. Because CBP just takes all the enjoyment out of it but going back to vanilla and you just blow the AI out of the water.

You guys have added way way way to many pointless changes to the game with this mod and have bogged it down so much.....

PS: I don't play with CBP anymore only CP as CBP is completely stupid at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom