1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - November 8th

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I'm in this camp too. I'm already getting a +1 GE point and a pop free settler. Further its a great combo with goddess of beauty. Its still pretty darn good as a intro "I want to get the party started" wonder

Omen of Peace and ofmiciv5 like this.
  2. ridjack

ridjack King

@Gazebo @ilteroi @Recursive (and all the other contributors whose names I don't know as well) Y'all are wonderful people who've done simply amazing work in revitalizing my $60+ game for free. I have more hours now in VP than I ever had in vanilla Civ V, and I can't even play Civ 6 because you guys have spoiled me with challenging and engaging game-play that a AAA company doing this for profit have remained unable (or unwilling) to match.

Thank you.

3. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

I will echo some sentiments in saying I dont particularly enjoy Golden Age points for the Pyramids. Small yield boosts would be better I think.

4. ridjack

ridjack King

Terracotta is definitely still giving copies of all units, in addition to the new benefits.

Ziad likes this.
  5. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

6. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

Iam not able to do some math to prove my argument, but 1 free settler is already an extreme strong benefit for a 1 tech wonder.
    1. You didn't lose population (worth 80-100 food)
    2. You didn't stop growing and possibly throw food away (hard to estimate)
    3. You save hammers for your first settler and also hammers for all following settlers (cause the second settler cost only as much as the first)

The pyramids are paying itself in long term, like a front loaded investment and its very good.
    I think adding a bit faith and science (+1) additional to the settler and engineer would be fairly enough.

vyyt likes this.
  7. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

@Kim Dong Un, I like the concept of revival for units.
    Maybe Terracotta could grant an immortal promotion for all the standing units that would allow them to be reborn just once in the same city where terracotta is built. The killed units would lose the immortal promotion and would be sent to the city with just 1HP, but keeping all experience and promotions.

Kim Dong Un likes this.
  8. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

At my first glance, I can't imagine how this wouldn't be OP, especially in the hands of the AI. Its grindy enough to beat a high level AI right now, imagine if you had to go through twice the number of units to beat them.

On the other, it is a really cool idea. I would love being able to take some risks I don't normally because I know the unit will be ok if it dies. But.....that is so many more units for an AI....SO MANY!!!

9. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Because that would only apply to the units that exist at the time the wonder is built.
    Any reborn unit should have to wait until it's healed before risking it again, cause that was the last life.

10. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Ah....ok, I thought this was intended for all units going forward. If its just existing units, that's much more palatable.

11. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

He he, I'm not a novice!

12. xxcavvyxx

xxcavvyxx Chieftain

I can only play CBP and CP for so long. There are so many problems with it you can't even count them all.

I know about pretty much every mod made for civ 5. There is no way to fix how messed up CBP has become and now the problems have leaked into CP.

Again I don't play CBP because it's a complete mess of a mod the only reason I had even posted here is because the workers ARE screwed up and the AI is all messed up in general for the CP now.
    And the only reason I even went back to try CP again was because someone said the AI was fixed so it actually builds navies now instead of doing suicide embark missions.
    Which reminds me of how freaking stupid the AI is on this entire project.
    Base game AI is sooooo much better if you would go back and play a vanilla game you would see aside from certain abilities the ai is better. The only thing this project has got is he merged some things from artificial unintelligence and then screwed it up so bad which is the reason turn times take 5 minutes and put you to sleep late game.

Thankfully WHoward released a new DLL to try and fix some problems regarding turn times.

Moderator Action: Your continued unhelpful comments are trolling and have earned you a ban from this thread. leif
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2019
  13. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

It's only units that come from the city housing Terracotta, so it wouldn't be twice the number of units - units are also not guaranteed to respawn. I definitely like Tu's idea as well.

14. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

I suspect that would require a fair bit of new code to do. :)

@xxcavvyxx I usually don't respond to this, but I really don't see how your posts here are in any way constructive to the discourse or improving VP. Calling everything $@$%&^# doesn't really contribute anything, unless you count making people angry.

If you want to report specific bugs, a post on Github with specific details is far more useful to your aims than your forum posts have been.

Might I suggest that if you're this upset by VP, you spend your time playing a different game? This mod is made for free by volunteers. You're acting like the people here have wronged you.

No one owes it to you to create custom game features because you don't like anything about the mod, and no one's going to be inclined to after you trash their hard work. Your opinion is not shared by the rest of the community here. Do feel free to learn C++ and Lua and make a mod that's more to your liking; both Civ V's main DLL and VP are open source.

You're welcome to have your opinion and to contribute constructively to the dialogue here, but if you keep carrying on as you have been, you can expect a frigid reception and for no one to take anything you say seriously.

Not going to argue further, but I felt I needed to speak up.

Maxxim69, Hinin, stormfallen and 9 others like this.
  15. Coffee Monopoly

Coffee Monopoly Warlord

I recant my previous report of not enough wars happening/AIs being too pacifistic. Must've been an unlucky game for some reason. In my current game the action is kicking off in Classical with Boudicca getting gangbanged by Napoleon, Sejong and me. First Sejong asked me to declare together, and I accepted only to salvage my scout who was stuck between borders (I ******* hate it when that happens), but then the very next turn Napoleon opportunistically joined in on the fun as well. The Celts are sandwiched between France and Korea, I have a feeling she's in for a really rough time. Well, you know what they say about redheads...

16. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I'll echo this. In my current game Korea has declared on me twice, and the Celts once as I move into the Renaissance.

17. Recursive

Seems like there's conflicting reports re: diplo AI aggression.

I've checked all my changes and it doesn't seem to be an issue with the advanced settings.

My suspicion is that the AI was relying too much on third party wars, and since a recent change they won't accept bribes except against their biggest competitor (this was added in response to them backstabbing friends). Then I added further checks to dissuade accepting war bribes and the like under stupid circumstances.

Perhaps the first change can be reverted after my addition of extra checks to prevent backstabbing/DoWing powerful neighbors unintentionally.

I could also add a bit of hostility weight to all AIs if need be, but the better approach is to teach the AI when war is advantageous.

18. Coffee Monopoly

Coffee Monopoly Warlord

I do like the AI being smart and opportunistic about when to start wars, but it seems it can lead to some cases where different factors bring about the perfect storm of no one daring to stir things up.

19. Recursive

I did add a few things encouraging the AI to be more aggressive to major competitors, but I think some additional tuning may be needed based on the feedback.

Thinking of adding a "target score" to the DoRelationshipPairing function, independent of the "competitor score", and adding an approach penalty for being the biggest target, or something like this to further encourage opportunistic attacks - will run by G.

20. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

I'll complete my current playthrough before giving more insight but still AIs seem naive. The day the def pact with Inca and Shoshone had with Venice had come and I declared same turn. In few turns will vassalize Dandolo. Shoshone declared the turn after vs me but Inca denounced them so they stay out giving perfect substituted for my trade routes. His navy is smashing into my north chokepoint and naval fortress on defense. He will lose half of his fleet to no avail. Again.

Tha alien is Portugal: Authority, Fealty, Rationalism (??) and not warring. Shoshone stole Eiffel Tower 4 turns from me. So are they going CV and SV ? Good luck to them. With Sweden UB finally out and Progress/Statecraft/Rationalism we will see who reach the stars first.

In the current build it seems AI evaluate a lot more the enemy strength and what it can conquer with a war but it lead ultimately to very few wars leaving the player shape the game perfectly. AIs are sending fleet to harass and they prefer Navy over Army with the direct outcome being slaughtered on land.

I think we need some tuning.

vyyt likes this.