New Beta Version - November 9th (11-9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you saying we should change the 50 value to a -1. Is that the "correct value" instead of -50?
No, the correct(intended so far) value is -50.

If you want to make it that ranged cities hit extremely hard, it's -1 or 1 (never 0 since 0 times something leads to fun results). Ranged Attacks of Cities haven't matched the actual City Strength since vanilla (even ranged units don't have the same ranged combat strength to combat strength).

Urm hi, I'm not sure if this is like a problem that only I'm facing so I'm posting it here first...

So I usually play this without EUI as I think its like too much stuff on the screen and when I downloaded the new version with no EUI I have some errors
Initially, I thought it was something to do with modmods as I usually add some but even with just this mod alone, there are some UI errors with the bar on top showing no values other than for gold and science and the tech tree being gone.

Thanks for anyone whos able to help if it is my own problem >.<

Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (4).png

No, the correct(intended so far) value is -50.

If you want to make it that ranged cities hit extremely hard, it's -1 or 1 (never 0 since 0 times something leads to fun results). Ranged Attacks of Cities haven't matched the actual City Strength since vanilla (even ranged units don't have the same ranged combat strength to combat strength).

I believe that is or is close to Tradition cities, which we have grown used to, which is why there is so much confusion.

Urm hi, I'm not sure if this is like a problem that only I'm facing so I'm posting it here first...

So I usually play this without EUI as I think its like too much stuff on the screen and when I downloaded the new version with no EUI I have some errors
Initially, I thought it was something to do with modmods as I usually add some but even with just this mod alone, there are some UI errors with the bar on top showing no values other than for gold and science and the tech tree being gone.

Thanks for anyone whos able to help if it is my own problem >.<

View attachment 509102 View attachment 509103

If you go into the Options settings, you can turn off all of the stuff you do not like on the screen in EUI. I see no point to all that clutter, either, so I turn off the Unit List and the City List. How these people play with all that crud on the screen PLUS the yields on all the time is beyond me. Such an ugly experience.... I do not even like having the Grid on...

If you go into the Options settings, you can turn off all of the stuff you do not like on the screen in EUI. I see no point to all that clutter, either, so I turn off the Unit List and the City List. How these people play with all that crud on the screen PLUS the yields on all the time is beyond me. Such an ugly experience.... I do not even like having the Grid on...

Only regular Vox Populi with EUI works for me...
the other options with the 43civ one don't work as they will have a problem with no policy available or no happiness etc.

Only regular Vox Populi with EUI works for me...
the other options with the 43civ one don't work as they will have a problem with no policy available or no happiness etc.
Ok, now it makes more sense to me. Do I understand correctly that you installed VP **with** EUI once at some point and then you reinstalled it with the non-EUI version? This is where the problem is, the autoinstaller does not delete EUI. You have to delete it manually. Delete the UI_bc1 folder from DLCs. I am on my cell now, so I cannot tell you the exact location, but it is somewhere in the Program Files/steamapps/common/Civ5/DLC/ ... or something like that.

And as Questdog says, you can turn off most of the EUI clutter in the options and keep only the essential info (such as which city demands what lux) on. I also used to hate the EUI for the same reason and now it s a must for me.

I tried deleting the folder however the problem of no culture or happiness is still there T-T.

I think this might be an issue(?) I'm not sure as I've been trying on the various version and deleting that file when necessary however, only the regular vox populi with EUI download is fine.

The others such as VP 43 civ with EUI and the without EUI versions are all facing this problem I have for me... Where there is no culture faith and happiness...

I tried deleting the folder however the problem of no culture or happiness is still there T-T.

I think this might be an issue(?) I'm not sure as I've been trying on the various version and deleting that file when necessary however, only the regular vox populi with EUI download is fine.

The others such as VP 43 civ with EUI and the without EUI versions are all facing this problem I have for me... Where there is no culture faith and happiness...

I would just delete your entire mods folder and do a clean install of VP without EUI and anything else you might want to add.

I'm having a similar problem as well but for me it was only when I tried the 43 civs one as I wanted to do an earth map

If you have a manually installed EUI, you have to manually delete it. :)
Go to SteamApps>CivV folder and look for a file called bc1_something. That's EUI mod file (thus not in the MODS folder, that's why it's hard to delete).

What is the file where I can place the -50 to fix the city damage?

The file is .../Mods/(2)Community balance overhaul/balance changes/CoreDefines.sql

UPDATE Defines SET Value = '50' WHERE Name = 'CITY_RANGED_ATTACK_STRENGTH_MULTIPLIER';

A change to '-50' made my city very weak, '-1' seems fine for ancient era city. Now it does some damage to a barbarian handaxe.

When can we expect patch fixing some major bugs of this version?

Hi all, I think I found the problem I've been having which is the 43 civs one, I think there is something wrong with that version (?)
Everything else is fine now after I did what all of you have said ^-^

Thanks for all the help!

I am having this bug about Policies Off Happiness Off, this is unplayable. Happened just after I upgraded to the November patch. I suspect the cause is EUI but no idea what to do about it.

Off.png

I've only been able to find an occasional hour for civ in past 6 months, but every time i've tried, I havent been able to start a game for one reason or another... I've alternated between a win 10 desktop and laptop, verified game files, manually cleaned out cache, etc... but something always goes wrong, and strangely never the same issue...

anyway on this latest revision, I've re-installed VP 3 times, tried both 43-civ and normal (no-EUI) versions.. get this result each time:

Attachments

• 20181117212945_1.jpg
    20181117212945_1.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 184
I had the same problem. I think it's something to do with the 43civ version. Try just the regular one with vox populi
You are damn right about it. Just switched to normal version and problem gone. Then switched back to 43 and same thing.

Edit: I fixed the problem. By reverting to the May version :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom