"New" movies coming in 2012

Yeah, I would have been jazzed about a Ghostbusters 3 movie... a decade ago. I really doubt Bill Murray would be any good in it, I haven't liked his work lately at all.

There have been no proper Batman movies since Adam West and BruceBurt Ward hung up their tights.

How the hell can it be batman three? There have been a LOT of batmans.

Heck, even that star trek abortion a couple years back didn't try to call itself Star Trek 1. The DVD clearly labels it Star Trek XI.

Well, it acknowledged that the movies before it happened, even though it proceeded to totally undo them.

Indiana Jones could actually be good, Last Crusade was better than Temple of Doom, or even the Raiders of the Lost Ark, if you just omit nostalgic reasons to think otherwise. Crystal skull was pretty boring, but the basic idea of Indiana Jones has potential.

Lolwut. Raiders was clearly the best.

That's because you saw it for the first time when you were about ~10, perhaps?

This was first time I have voiced this rather heretical thought though, and I'm not entirely sure whether I'll stick to it.

The bit with the invisible pathway ruined it for me.

The Nazi woman was quite a hotty though (not as hot as the woman in Temple of Doom - but I'm sure Spielberg just made that film so he could marry her).

That's because you saw it for the first time when you were about ~10, perhaps?

This was first time I have voiced this rather heretical thought though, and I'm not entirely sure whether I'll stick to it.

Arguments could be made for either of the first two, but the third isnt in the running. Like Star Wars.

I'm looking forward to the live-action Captain Planet that's scheduled for late 2012... or at least I would be, if Avatar wasn't basically the same thing.

- G.I. Joe 5

Coming in 2030?

Pirates of the Caribbean 6

It may shock you to learn that IMDB is full of people who just make crap up.

Twilight 5

Independece Day 2

Okay, now you guys are just screwing with us.

Chris Nolan is doing this one, so that means its automatically crap.

Fixed.

Seriously, The Dark Knight did not make a shred of sense at any point, and Inception was basically a Matrix ripoff... except that it didn't make any sense.

There have been no proper Batman movies since Adam West and BruceBurt Ward hung up their tights.

You never heard of Mask of the Phantasm?

Lolwut. Raiders was clearly the best.

Crusade had Sean Connery. That makes it the best. End of debate.

Psyched for The Dark Knight Rises and Bond 23 and have adopted a wait-and-see attitude towards the others. Sequels and franchise films aren't bad per se and they're not even (necessarily) indicative of a deficit in creativity. I'm still pining for Jurassic Park IV. :p
Arguments could be made for either of the first two, but the third isnt in the running. Like Star Wars.
:confused: The best thing about Temple of Doom was Short Round (although Shanghai in general was done very well). It didn't really feel like an Indiana Jones movie - no globetrotting, no evil totalitarian bad guys, the pace was all off, and worst of all, Kate Capshaw, who may have been decent eye candy but had absolutely zero other redeeming qualities as an actress or as a character. It's clearly inferior to the other two.

I think the choice between Raiders and Last Crusade comes down to the tone of the movie - Raiders is, I would say, more 'classic', less slapstick, whereas Last Crusade definitely goes after the laughs more (although they could afford to do that with the characters of Brody and Sallah and, obviously, Indy well-established, and with Connery coming in). I like the first one, but I wouldn't say that it's objectively better than Last Crusade.

How do you make a sequel to the Departed?

Alot of those sequels/follow ups have potential to be good. You guys are a tough crowd.

I thought Bad Santa already had a sequel?

That truly was a terrible sequel. Maybe they should just pretend it was never made and call this one Ghostbusters 2.

That's just the sequels. I'm sure there's also any number of remakes like Red Dawn. This one and Independece Day 2 (scheduled for 2013) could set a new benchmark for "lol Americans".

I'm really looking forward to the new Red Dawn. The original had me in the beginning, with a Soviet paratrooper RPG'ing a school bus. If the new one features a chinese
North Korean soldier jackbooting a puppy that's wearing the U.S flag on its collar, I'll gladly call it Film of the Year.

If the film isn't over-saturated with corny camp, it'll blow.

I'm still pining for Jurassic Park IV. :p

Really? I mean, Jurassic Park is one of the definitive films of my childhood, but I'm happy to pretend the two sequels didn't happen, and I'm fine with there being no third sequel. Even if it did have Sam Neill and his brilliant hat.

As for the OP, well yeah, franchise films get a lot more publicity and attention, well done for pointing that out. "One-off" films tend to gain attention pretty much a month or so before their release, or the media would be reporting a heap of films all the time.

Top Bottom