"New" movies coming in 2012

I'm still waiting for "Pirhanas on a Plane."
Dinosaurs on a Plane!!!!
No, the sequal should be "Sharks on a bus"!

Until Hollywood gets its act together and starts working on the Passion of the Christ 2, I am going to be watching foreign and indie movies. And the original Planet of the apes.
If you watch Fox News, it seems that sequel will be coming shortly. :p

I on the other hand am still waiting for Guybrush on the big screen(sooner or later there must be a good "game to movie adaption" and I hope that will be it).
I wanna see Civilization adapted to a movie!

In regards to at least Indiana Jones (and a few other of those movies most likely). IMDB entries don't mean anything. At least not at this stage in something's development. The IMDB had Johnny Depp listed as the Riddler for Batman 3 for months when it was basically confirmed this was wrong.

Harrison Ford said that George Lucas was thinking about Indiana Jones 5, and this some how means its coming out in 2012 for sure? Lucas and Spielberg were only thinking about Indy 4 for nearly 20 years before it was released. At that same rate, Indiana Jones 5 won't be out until 2027.

I just learned that the script for Bill & Ted 3 has been finished. It's apparently not the same Bill & Ted 3 script that was written in the early '90s.

Dinosaurs on a Plane!!!!

OMFG AWESOME

I on the other hand am still waiting for Guybrush on the big screen(sooner or later there must be a good "game to movie adaption" and I hope that will be it).

Super Mario Brothers is pretty good if taken as a screwball comedy. A truly faithful adaptation of the games would have really sucked. Doom is enjoyable if you understood the inside jokes and references, and it does a fairly good job of following the classic Aliens formula, where the whole first half of the movie is just a diverse bunch of one-dimensional space marines walking around in dark corridors and hearing creepy sounds. For a long time, those were my two examples of "video game movies that don't completely suck", but I've recently watched several Uwe Boll movies, and I think the guy is a misunderstood genius. Alone in the Dark isn't great, but it's a competent spooker with an interesting backstory and some clever bits of dialog (and Tara Reid looks much cuter in glasses). House of the Dead is crap if taken at face value, but if you scratch beneath the surface, it's actually a subtle and brilliant self-parody with genre-savvy characters wrapped in a facade of hilariously over-the-top crappiness. Bloodrayne is genuinely heart-wrenching, with the most sympathetic protagonist in all of film history, played by the super-adorable Kristanna Loken. The Dungeon Siege movie was like "What if you handed The Lord of the Rings to someone who cared more about story than about action and special effects, so it only took 2 hours to watch instead of 12; hired a much more awesome cast, including Ron Perlman, Jason Statham, and Kristanna Loken (and, of course, keeping John Rhys-Davies); replaced the Gandalf vs. Saruman duel with a telekinetic swordfight involving a dozen swords all at the same time; and then threw in some ninjas just for the hell of it?" You'd get pure awesomeness, of course. Postal is just pure, over-the-top self-referential screwball comedy, complete with Uwe Boll making a cameo as himself and saying that his movies are financed with Nazi gold, then getting strangled by the guy who made the Postal games... :lol:

But you're right, absolutely none of that would compare to hearing "You fight like a dairy farmer! "How appropriate! You fight like a cow!" in a movie theater.

I wanna see Civilization adapted to a movie!

So... an alternate history in which the USA existed 6,000 years ago, all world leaders live forever, and the Babylonians are the first civilization to reach Alpha Centauri?

I don't see how they'd make Indiana Jones 5 after the 4th movie tanked so hard. Not unless JJ Abrams is taking it over as a reboot, with Indiana Jones getting kicked out of school an incorrigible rebel who hates doing homework, but then gets appointed as a fully tenured professor after saving the school from being blown up by commienazis.

Don't forget about the slew of board game movies that will be coming out. First up is Battleship and Monopoly.

Shoots and Ladders: the Movie

Look forward to the innovative awesomeness of:

- Indiana Jones 5
- Die Hard 5
- Bad Boys 3
- Men in Black 3
- Jason Bourne 4
- Underworld 4
- I, Robot 2
- The Expendables 2
- Ghost Busters 3
- Mad Max 4
- Madagaskar 3
- Resident Evil 5
- G.I. Joe 5
- Zoolander 2
- Constantine 2
- Hitman 2
- Police Academy 8
- Lethal Weapon 5
- The Departed 2
- Bad Santa 2
- The Ring 3

Or think of all the fun stuff you can do instead!

If you add up the sequel numbers, does it spell 78M3 (LAME)?

But you mean GiJoe 2, not #5. And I cannot imagine someone seriously making Bad Santa 2 nor Police Academy EIGHT.

How the hell can it be batman three? There have been a LOT of batmans.

Heck, even that star trek abortion a couple years back didn't try to call itself Star Trek 1. The DVD clearly labels it Star Trek XI.

I'm taking you didn't like Abrams' Star Trek?!??!?!

The Star Trek reboot wasn't great, but it was good. The humor and fast pace were enough to distract most viewers from the ridiculously contrived plot (which was, let's face it, little more than a series of highly unlikely excuses to get a bunch of Academy rookies into the most important positions on Starfleet's flagship).

I wonder what the facebook movie will look like.

Wait a minute...

Shoots and Ladders: the Movie

It's spelled "chutes". Any third-grader could have corrected you on this.

Wait are they seriously making a second Constantine movie? Because that would be awesome. As long as Rachel Weiss is in it again.

I still think the people doing the first movie screwed it up hardcore by not getting James Marters to play Constantine though.

That truly was a terrible sequel. Maybe they should just pretend it was never made and call this one Ghostbusters 2.

Are you high on crack? Ghostbusters 2 was one of the very few sequels that was way better than the original (and that was an amazing movie itself).

What's so bad about sequels? I haven't watched many of the prequels to the films on the list, but I have watched the Bourne films, and those are pretty good. I'm really looking forward to the next installment in that series.

A District 9 sequel would be great, but it'd be hard to make it as good social commentary as the first. Bond 23 should be good; the last two were an improvement over the Brosnan films, as the series was getting stale. The basic premise of Quantum of Solace was eerily realistic. Besides, I've seen all Bond movies save one, the one with Max Zorin in it.

Top Bottom