New Official Version - June 19th (6-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hello everyone!

I'm back from the dead! 6-19 is here to kick in your door, eat your free time, and become the new official release!

:band:

So, yes. Ahem. Patchnotes? You probably expect a lot, but fear not! Minimal changes since the last beta, mainly cleanup and bugfixes. We're getting ever-so-close to gold!

Code:
Patchnotes

General
    AI
        Improvements to tactical AI, specifically operational AI and some cleanup for safe pathing for risky units
        Cleaned up settler AI and some adjustments to 'homeland' AI for civilians
        Improvements to city AI for citizens, build orders
        Slight adjustments to AI policy preferences
        Massive adjustments to diplo AI (see Recursive's thread)
    Bugfix
        Fixed XP issue
        Fixed some missing scaling for gamespeed for certain items, such as handicap and XP for the AI
    Lots of smaller bugfixes and performance improvements
    Cleanup of many github posts and other bugfix requests

Balance
    Buildings   
        Removed defense from Lighthouse, changed Harbor from +5CS to +150HP
        Reduced national wonder requirement for Oxford to 35, Grand Temple to 30
        Great Wall - obsoletes at Gunpowder
    Religion
        Removed lost population from Inqusition
            Inquisition belief - updated text
        Orthodoxy - now 25% further, 15% faster (Was 20, 20)
    Policies
        Statecraft - opener reduced to 1 per 20 (Was 1 per 15)
            Shadow Networks - now 25% of science from CS (was 33%)
    Ideologies
        Party Leadership - now +7 (was +8)
    Promotions
        Buffalo line - doubled % bonuses to 10% per (5%->10%)
    Units
        Carrier now requires Oil
        All civilian units now have a 5 turn purchase cooldown
        Catapult CS increased to 13 (Was 12)
    Corporations
        Twokay- Offices lose flat Distress/Poverty reduction; gain 5% reduction for all needs modifiers (and empire modifier) in all cities per Office. (i.e. Twokay is now a really good 'wide' corporation for those who want to go wide and still grow a lot)

Online as of...now! (3PM CST). Not savegame compatible.

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/DMsxkDYI#zSpR9CHpmAfWyIvMXaN3pw

Special thank you to @ilteroi and @Recursive for their many updates to the code during my interim departure.

Cheers,
Gazebo

I'm very happy about the release! Now to get to work...I have even more diplomacy to fix! :)

I'll post a combined changelog of the adjustments in this version in the Diplomacy AI Development thread later today. I'll also post the latest version of the approach calculation, as I'm sure some people are curious about this.

I like these balance changes a lot and look forward to trying them out, particularly TwoKay and inquisitors. Also glad the XP and difficulty bonuses are fixed; now Epic and Marathon speeds should be appropriately more challenging to play, and war won't be a cakewalk either.

Glad to see you RECALLED TO LIFE, @Gazebo!

Also, what were the civilian units that didn't have a 5 turn purchase cool down?
The closest I can think of is missionaries, I usually buy massive stacks of those, but those aren't considered civilian, right?

Code:
UPDATE Units SET PurchaseCooldown = 5 WHERE Type = 'UNIT_CARGO_SHIP';
UPDATE Units SET PurchaseCooldown = 5 WHERE Type = 'UNIT_WORKER';
UPDATE Units SET PurchaseCooldown = 5 WHERE Type = 'UNIT_SETTLER';
UPDATE Units SET PurchaseCooldown = 5 WHERE Type = 'UNIT_PIONEER';
UPDATE Units SET PurchaseCooldown = 5 WHERE Type = 'UNIT_COLONIST';
UPDATE Units SET PurchaseCooldown = 5 WHERE Type = 'UNIT_WORKBOAT';
UPDATE Units SET PurchaseCooldown = 5 WHERE Type = 'UNIT_CARAVAN';

will i still get my ass whipped if i try the game in quick speed? i like playing in quick, but i have to lower the difficulty by a lot to stand a chance. not sure what the changes to the scalers are

My usual notes below

Massive adjustments to diplo AI (see Recursive's thread)

--I wanted to highlight this. Its easy to look at the list and go (that's it! Two months and that's all!).... but really the vast vast majority of changes are in the Diplomacy AI, Recursive's been tweaking it the entire time.

Removed defense from Lighthouse, changed Harbor from +5CS to +150HP

--Adding HP does not solve problems anymore because the HP regeneration rate has not kept up with the increase. What happens is that you hold off the AI the first time, and then they kill you on the second wave, because your HP can't recover fast enough to matter.

Policies
Statecraft - opener reduced to 1 per 20 (Was 1 per 15)
Shadow Networks - now 25% of science from CS (was 33%)

--Small, Reasonable adjustments. I don't think Statecraft is OP...its just very good no matter what your doing. But this just trims a little and I think its fine.

Twokay- Offices lose flat Distress/Poverty reduction; gain 5% reduction for all needs modifiers (and empire modifier) in all cities per Office. (i.e. Twokay is now a really good 'wide' corporation for those who want to go wide and still grow a lot)

--I'll have to see how much the impact is but at first glance it seems a strong reduction in unhappiness...a niche that corps haven't touched on too much so it seems like a good design direction.

If I were to pick the one thing I was surprised was untouched...is tributing. There seems to be a decent consensus that Tribute values need some adjustment.

I can't lock the tiles in the city screen with this beta. Is that intended?

Does that mean you cant build settlers back to back now? Is there a five turn cd before starting on the next one? Or is it just for purchase in which case this will mostly be about workers/workboats/tradeunits/missionaries and inquisitors. Since pioneers, settlers and colonists can't be purchased anyway. It could really slow down the first 100-150 turns (on epic), also making the Pyramids even more valuable and the free settler from policies even more valuable.

Is it empire wide or can you spread it out (say buy a worker in five different cities), in which case this only really matters at the start. Or will it be like the great people purchases etc. with an empire wide cd.

Asking since i'm still in the middle of a game and can't upgrade due to save game compability issues.

Does that mean you cant build settlers back to back now? Is there a five turn cd before starting on the next one? Or is it just for purchase in which case this will mostly be about workers/workboats/tradeunits/missionaries and inquisitors. Since pioneers, settlers and colonists can't be purchased anyway. It could really slow down the first 100-150 turns (on epic), also making the Pyramids even more valuable and the free settler from policies even more valuable.

Is it empire wide or can you spread it out (say buy a worker in five different cities), in which case this only really matters at the start. Or will it be like the great people purchases etc. with an empire wide cd.

Asking since i'm still in the middle of a game and can't upgrade due to save game compability issues.

It applies to Gold purchases, not Production - and locally, not globally.

Yay!

I think we will need to talk about naval warfare still on this patch. The last patch, holding cities was manageable, if difficult. Ironclads may be an issue again.

Did the promotion Tree for ranged units/ siege units get fixed?

Last edited:
My usual notes below

If I were to pick the one thing I was surprised was untouched...is tributing. There seems to be a decent consensus that Tribute values need some adjustment.

Oh duh I forgot to mention that I increased the based tribute value to 50, from 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom