New Scenario:Rise of the Iroquois Nation

turfcat

Prince
This is a scenario I've been working on. It's based around the Great Lakes shortly after the forming of the Iroquois Five Nations "Haudenosaunee". There is still a lot of work to do on it, civ-pedia desc. especially. But I wanted some people to try it out and give me some opinions.

These are the civs,
France
England
Iroquois
Huron
Algonquin
Illinois
Dakota
Micmac
Maliseet
Kickapoo
Winnebago
Erie
Mahican
Odawa
Sauk & Fox
Ojibwe
Menominee
Susquahannock
Attiwandaron
Tobacco
Potawatomi
Abenaki
Miami
Beothuk

The Iroquois Nation in a short time defeated most of these nations and controlled all their lands until the growing French population eventually pushed them back.

This scenario begins just prior to the arrival of the French and English. They will eventually arrive but will be limited by their small numbers in comparison to the Native tribes.
The Europeans will be a key player just the same though as they are the only ones that posess "gunpowder" a resource necessary to build Native musketmen. A dock has to be built to trade across ocean to the French and English and "Trade" has to be researched. The Europeans will not be too eager to trade give up gunpowder but they do have a strong interest in natural resouces in the new world (furs, precious stones,tobacco,etc.)

I have not yet learned how to do screenies so if someone else could post some for me I'd appreciate it.

The files can be found here,

http://hosted.filefront.com/Turfcat

Please let me know what u think.

Nice idea ! I like a lot that historical period.

Actually, now I`m occupying with making an expanded pack of French and British units (including highlanders, rangers, light infantry, militia, colonials, coureur de bois, bateauxmen an many others) for French-Indian War scenario. So, it could help you a lot in developing your nice scenario. If you need some specific unit requests, write me. ;)

For screenies try Gadwin printscreen (last one on list at right). Alternatly just hit the prnt scrn button at the upper left of your keyboard and go to paint and paste. The program is really small and user friendly though.

Hey Turfcat nice to see you working on something cool. I have no idea on scenario creation but you may be able to ask Mr. Plotinus about any problems that come up.

BTW if your looking for Native units theres Kinboats and Utahjazz's as well as Sandris units. Lots of choices now.

The error makes sense as I have not yet completed the end of game leaderheads, but how were u defeated so soon?
:confused:
That's just it. I had been in only one (successful) battle. No cities had been attacked. I have no idea.

Nice idea ! I like a lot that historical period.

Actually, now I`m occupying with making an expanded pack of French and British units (including highlanders, rangers, light infantry, militia, colonials, coureur de bois, bateauxmen an many others) for French-Indian War scenario. So, it could help you a lot in developing your nice scenario. If you need some specific unit requests, write me. ;)
I will be making use of those myself I cannot wait to see them.

That is interesting how you could lose so early, maybe look at the victory conditions. I do not think I have ever seen anything like that before.

That's just it. I had been in only one (successful) battle. No cities had been attacked. I have no idea.

Let me know which civ u were playing as and please try it again as another civ to see if it happens again.
I've played it myself about 30 times and never had that problem. But I must admit I didn't try evrey civ.
I've played before as Iroquois,Huron,Illinois,Micmac,Abenaki and Algonquin.

If someone else has the same problem, then mayebe there was a bad upload. If U keep having the same problem but nobody else does then maybe u had a bad download.

Please keep me posted Bad Monkey. I'm going to try it again myself tonight to make sure it doesn't happen to me.:confused:

I did not notice I had the setting from another game still on to use kings. It happened again with that setting, but not if it's deselected.
Please keep me posted Bad Monkey.
Hope that helps, Yellow Hat Man.

I did not notice I had the setting from another game still on to use kings. It happened again with that setting, but not if it's deselected.
Hope that helps, Yellow Hat Man.
Well then that makes a little more sense if you lose your king then you lose the game.

Yeah, I've had a similar before when I've had one of the regicide modes on, without any units with the "King" flag. As soon as a hostile non-barb(I assume) unit enters your territory, you (or, whoevers territory it is) loose the game.

Yeah, I've had a similar before when I've had one of the regicide modes on, without any units with the "King" flag. As soon as a hostile non-barb(I assume) unit enters your territory, you (or, whoevers territory it is) loose the game.
That must be the case. No king units - & Britain & France were both eliminated just before me.

Wow that causes a major problem if you have regicide enabled and no King units in the starting line-up. You might want to un check the default rules on the scenario properties page and only highlight the rules you want to be available.

Good point, I'm going to uncheck default rules and limit the victory conditions so that can't ever happen again. Starnge I never heard of that happening before to anyone. U learn something new evry day.

I appreciate the input everyone.

Just a small point, flagging the barbarians with raging, roaming, etc. in the editor won't do any good IIRC. The game will automatically revert back to your previous game's setting.

Top Bottom