Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for asking here. I'm currently at 100% warscore vs Maria of Portugal, but for some reason she don't want to capitulate. Capitulate button is greyed out. Is this a bug?
I'm already conquered 6 cities, including Lisbon. Also she have 1 vassal that also cannot be liberated.
Spoiler :

Civs with vassals can't capitulate.

I've already reported some time ago that city-states often leave their city undefended and ungarrisoned but this just seems to be a general A.I. behavior, it's just more baffling with city states.
Far too often the A.I. a major civ will "forget" to leave a garrison or prematurely flee the city when there is no reason of doing so. It's almost always better to take the loss of a single unit and at least delay the city capture than try to save a measly unit.
I'd say the A.I. should always leave a garrison in cities under siege.

I've already reported some time ago that city-states often leave their city undefended and ungarrisoned but this just seems to be a general A.I. behavior, it's just more baffling with city states.
Far too often the A.I. a major civ will "forget" to leave a garrison or prematurely flee the city when there is no reason of doing so. It's almost always better to take the loss of a single unit and at least delay the city capture than try to save a measly unit.
I'd say the A.I. should always leave a garrison in cities under siege.
I have seen this very often, and don't like it either. But, playing warlord, I think it is intended. AI chose not always the best decision. On higher levels it shouldn't happen.

Edit: But I agree, AI should protect their cities better even on lower levels.

Last edited:
Hello! I installed the latest version (1.0.3) and am getting an error in-game. In-game, the top bar says 'Policies: disabled' and 'Happiness: off', amongst other weird things. The issue is that I see those messages even though I have enabled social policies and happiness. Could you guys please help with this?

For reference, I'm using the Really Advanced Setup mod. However, the issue happens when using the mod and when I don't use the mod.

EDIT: Attached a screenshot to show what's going on. (This was without using the Really Advanced Setup mod, btw)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-01 205640.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-01 205640.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Hello! I installed the latest version (1.0.3) and am getting an error in-game. In-game, the top bar says 'Policies: disabled' and 'Happiness: off', amongst other weird things. The issue is that I see those messages even though I have enabled social policies and happiness. Could you guys please help with this?

For reference, I'm using the Really Advanced Setup mod. However, the issue happens when using the mod and when I don't use the mod.

EDIT: Attached a screenshot to show what's going on. (This was without using the Really Advanced Setup mod, btw)

Ive had the same issue before, I solved it by reinstalling in C: disk. idk why it does it on D: Hope that helps

Sounds like potentially a bad EUI install. EUI installs into the main game directory, rather than the mods folder.

It looks like your issue is potentially the same as 10th April post in the following

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/community-patch-how-to-install.528034/page-170

The UI_bc1 folder needs to be in the DLC folder of the main game installation.

Sounds like potentially a bad EUI install. EUI installs into the main game directory, rather than the mods folder.

It looks like your issue is potentially the same as 10th April post in the following

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/community-patch-how-to-install.528034/page-170

The UI_bc1 folder needs to be in the DLC folder of the main game installation.

Thanks for your reply! However, I made sure that the UI_bc1 is in the DLC folder of the main game installation (it should be in the D:\...\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC folder, right?).

EDIT: I managed to find the mod that's causing this issue. It's the alternative difficulty mod.

Last edited:
Noticed a few things that seemed off in the world congress.

1. Vassals don't vote for their masters in choose host proposals.
2. Vassals don't get a vote at all in global hegemony

Spoiler Siam votes for Morocco :

upload_2021-10-2_16-44-12.png

upload_2021-10-2_16-45-0.png

Spoiler Poland and Siam don't vote :

upload_2021-10-2_16-41-33.png

Noticed a few things that seemed off in the world congress.

1. Vassals don't vote for their masters in choose host proposals.
2. Vassals don't get a vote at all in global hegemony

Spoiler Siam votes for Morocco :

Spoiler Poland and Siam don't vote :

Both intended. Vassalage was too OP otherwise. Vassals will tend to vote for their master if well treated, and can't vote for World Leader.

Can't say I'm thrilled to have Siam statecraft civs as my vassals any more

May I know where to touch if I were to handle AI tourism modifier from the difficulties(if there's such a thing)? Or at least a way to decrease Musician's concert tourism modifier i'd be grateful. I like it that most civs are catching up my tech until the late game in emperor difficulty, but I find it too easy to end up in cultural victory by AI in Atomic era. I wanna try to adjust it myself to go at least Information era.

May I know where to touch if I were to handle AI tourism modifier from the difficulties(if there's such a thing)? Or at least a way to decrease Musician's concert tourism modifier i'd be grateful. I like it that most civs are catching up my tech until the late game in emperor difficulty, but I find it too easy to end up in cultural victory by AI in Atomic era. I wanna try to adjust it myself to go at least Information era.

Changing tourism modifiers for AI specifically would be somewhat difficult. But if you don't mind making a nerf globally, you could try changing the influence thresholds in the Defines table (specifically CULTURE_LEVEL_INFLUENTIAL for CV), or to nerf Great Musicians specifically, change TourismBonusTurns for UNIT_MUSICIAN in the Units table.

Relevant files include vanilla GlobalDefines.xml, CBP IdeologyChanges.sql, CBP UnitChanges.sql.

Last edited:
Thanks bro! So there's no way to directly modify the tourism modifier from Musician using sql or xml right? (cus I thought 100% and 50% is a bit too much) I'd better try the ways you've mentioned. I really appreciate your answer.

The one under world congress? I see. So it worked TEMPORARY_TOURISM_BOOST_MOD * 2 for the target civ and just TEMPORARY_TOURISM_BOOST_MOD for the others. Nice, thanks for your support!

Btw, it seems like there's a bug regarding the spy system. Despite the city has multiple great works and it's after Modern era, this is not working for no reason. It literally doesn't state any reason....

pic.png

Missions are available based on spy rank. Are you using a rank 3 spy?
Yeah, it was definitely rank 3. Target local city defense option also unlocks at rank 3 right? So I'm pretty sure.
Not sure if foreign spy is already in this city for the forgery and the description is omitted. But even in another city I found this option not working. And also I never saw them using that option in my city either (this is same for the tech option). That's why I thought this was a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom