New Version - 2.3.1 (June 1, 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd even say the AI simply shouldn't request strategics unless it's part of a larger deal.
AI shouldn't send requests to buy strategics unless they're willing to pay more than 1GPT per strategic resource. That should remove around 90% of requests.

Is there some easy fix to revert that the Luxury and Strategic lists in the conversations with the AI start in the collapsed state instead of in the not collapsed state? That might have started last patch, I don't know since I didn't have time to run that. But it's here now and wasn't here previously.

I assume this was done so that you could see more but in essence it turns out as I play I see less. Also more or less every interaction I have I know have to click more things to open them up to see what they have, what I have etc. So in my book this is a massive setback as it now requires a lot more clicks in every interaction. Unnecessary clicks.

Last edited:
Is there some easy fix to revert that the Luxury and Strategic lists in the conversations with the AI start in the collapsed state instead of in the not collapsed state? That might have started last patch, I don't know since I didn't have time to run that. But it's here now and wasn't here previously.

I assume this was done so that you could see more but in essence it turns out as I play I see less. Also more or less every interaction I have I know have to click more things to open them up to see what they have, what I have etc. So in my book this is a massive setback as it now requires a lot more clicks in every interaction. Unnecessary clicks.
It's a bug that should be fixed next version.

For some reason can't move my spy to the capital for counter-Intelligence. Never encountered such in 2.2.

upload_2022-6-11_10-1-55.png

AI shouldn't send requests to buy strategics unless they're willing to pay more than 1GPT per strategic resource. That should remove around 90% of requests.

Agreed. I am sick of the every other turn, "2 gpt for 9 oil?" requests.

Though the request for open boarders is more annoying. If I reject it, I'm not going to say yes the next turn, or the next, or the next.....

I had an vassal AI request independence for the first time in a year yesterday. Has the logic on this been changed? If so, good work!

I am really enjoying the current version. I play with victory aggression off, and find I get "just enough" wars in my games for my taste now.

Good work team.

Though the request for open boarders is more annoying. If I reject it, I'm not going to say yes the next turn, or the next, or the next.....
The pattern goes: Neutral AIs always ask for two-way open borders as soon as possible. If you refuse, they'll send another request for GPT for transit. If you refuse that it goes on cooldown for a period. Repeat for every civ in game, and again when the cooldown passes. Gotta get those tourism mods.

The pattern goes: Neutral AIs always ask for two-way open borders as soon as possible. If you refuse, they'll send another request for GPT for transit. If you refuse that it goes on cooldown for a period. Repeat for every civ in game, and again when the cooldown passes. Gotta get those tourism mods.

The cooldown needs to be three times as long.

AI being reluctant to attack cities and resources not being automatically expanded in the trade UI are both fixed for next version, along with some other things. I also expanded techs and votes in the same way.

The cooldown between trade offers is broken and unfortunately will not be fixed for a while unless another developer wants to look at it. You can disable trade offers entirely in DiploAIOptions.sql, however.

New version will be released once the spy system bugs that have been reported are fixed.

Last edited:
AI being reluctant to attack cities and resources not being automatically expanded in the trade UI are both fixed for next version, along with some other things. I also expanded techs and votes in the same way.

The cooldown between trade offers is broken and unfortunately will not be fixed for a while unless another developer wants to look at it. You can disable trade offers entirely in DiploAIOptions.sql, however.

New version will be released once the spy system bugs that have been reported are fixed.

Is it possible to adjust the AI value for strategic resources? If we are going to get spammed, they might as well be good deals.

I do not know if this is the correct place for it but i have noticed some things in my last civ game. Firstly the 2kay food office reduces unhappiness globally. I think it should be in built city instead since there are places it says in the city. Secondly i know that war sometimes calls for desperate measures but i am not really sold on the idea of scrambling my bombers to intercept enemy aircraft. Anyways keep up the good work.

Attachments

• c12.png
    c12.png
    425.5 KB · Views: 63
  • c11.png
    c11.png
    983.5 KB · Views: 68
Secondly i know that war sometimes calls for desperate measures but i am not really sold on the idea of scrambling my bombers to intercept enemy aircraft.
:D
My guess is that the interception part isn't activated because the bombers don't intercept. However the extra damage towards armor unit stays.

The new spying gold siphoning is just very underwhelming. It was probably or perhaps overpowered before but now it's downright pathetic and just not worth it. It went basically to being worthless. I tried it a few times in a few different cities, always one of the AI core cities but not the capital. The yield after 29 turns here (deity, marathon) represents not even a turn worth of your own actual income in extra gold. The image below was from a siphon run in the early renaissance era.

It might be that gold stealing now has moved into being more of a late industrial or modern era game thing but before that it's just pointless from a gold stand point.

Previously you at least got enough gold to upgrade or invest in a few buildings or to upgrade a couple to a handful of units.

I'm not sure but I found that if you leave it running over and over in the same city then it seems to get even worse, after the next 29 turns I got no gold at all. But I have not done any extensive research on that one.

c5vox-spygold.png c5vox-spygold2.png

(edit) OK this is the follow up. I made zero gold here. It could be cause I was busted and sent back to the capital. Still it's weird as it doesn't say it was still in Roskilde I was spying. But the spy notification here makes it sound like I was trying to siphon gold from my own capital. Which I guess could be a thing, corruption. But it doesn't make sense from a gameplay sort of way. Still normally previously even if detected you got the reward, it even says it was a success yet I got zero gold from it. I checked by comparing the numbers between turns on how much gold I was making etc and I am fairly certain I got nothing from this. But I'm not absolutely sure, there is a lot of gold coming and going and considering how small the amount would have been it might have flown under the gold radar so to speak.

Last edited:
Me too. Game locked because unable to choose action. Is there a way to force end turn? I would not happy to scrap a game after 189 turns.
I was temporarily stumped by this as well, as all other cities were greyed out when I tried to move to them. The "move to hideout" button still worked though, and I was able to progress the game after using that.

I am not familiar enough with the new spy system to say what caused there to be no actions available, but assuming it was by design ie low level spy vs high security, maybe this spy should just auto-return to hideout? Alternatively it shouldn't have owned cities greyed out when moving, and/or at least one low level action always available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom