Status
Not open for further replies.
Uff. I worried there will be tons of modmod fixes required with so huuuge update, but I counted... 3?

Good job guys!

Special thanks to @azum4roll for his cooperation in Natural Wonder spawning method fix. More Wonders will be even better with it!
Some of the modmods I'm using seem to conflict with the happiness system. You may want to check your mods for that. Still trying to weed through them, but I suspect MUC or MW may be contributing. By the time I get to around 6 or 7 pop, every cause of unhappiness is at least 2. Poverty was 5. Wasn't seeing that with just VP and no modmods

Is anyone else having a problem with Improved City View (v13a)?
1664692220559.png

Only tiny change on GitHub.

Attachments

• Improved City View (v 13a)-happiness_fix.zip
    43 KB · Views: 65
Some of the modmods I'm using seem to conflict with the happiness system. You may want to check your mods for that. Still trying to weed through them, but I suspect MUC or MW may be contributing. By the time I get to around 6 or 7 pop, every cause of unhappiness is at least 2. Poverty was 5. Wasn't seeing that with just VP and no modmods
There was once a problem with Wonder Planner (it checks buildings for Happiness) but none mod broke the UI at that time. MW doesn't interfere with Happiness to much. Investigate please more.

Confirming that though the tooltip does say the Granary is getting the +25, the building in play is not. so its purely a tooltip problem.

My first game in:

[Spoilers]
Screenshot.png

[/Spoilers]

So I did get a granary in my capital, I wanted to send a food TR to some of my starting cities. Likewise I did get one for barcelona, as I have 4 food resources there I get a bonus on, so that kind of a no-brainer. How much did the +25 food loss hurt? Well my capital was delayed 2 turns without the growth bonus, and Braga was founded 1 turn before my settler reached its spot.... so yeah it made a HUGE difference, I was forced to settle elsewhere.

Lodge wise, I did build one in my capital, with 2 plantations it pays for itself in 32 turns (and the extra food is still something), which this early in the game is still a reasonable investment. Herbalists though, even though I'm running renewal I haven't found the time to slip it in, its feels too pricey for the food it gives me.

Also Lodge is not giving a +1 straight prod bonus like it says in the change log.

Do farms actually give +1 production now (on Maize before agribusiness) or is this a tooltip error?

So manually maxing production in the 4 best cities before expending?
It would be maximizing production in the 4 best cities 10 turns before the GE is created, not expending. All GP work that way, their bonuses are set when they are made, not when they are expended.

France just offered me 21 GPT for a lux in medieval. While its not the "insane" 60 or 66 GPT I would sometimes get, its still a bit steep. I feel like 12-15 GPT is the max I should see at this point in the game.

Might have been an unintended synergy, but a conquistador gets a +70% flanking bonus from the new skirmisher (due to the addition of overrun which gives them a +35% bonus)

I would like to have a go playing all 43 civs in a game. Someone told me before, that you can do this when setting up a new game, but for the life of me cannot see how. Used to be a seperate version with new beta releases. Can you do this just using the basic mods in installer or do you need to download a mod to do this.

Even though I don't agree with all the changes I do believe the happiness system is in a better shape now. For the first time in a while I was forced to buy luxuries from the AI for expanding more and not just to trigger WLTKD.

Also, I believe the AI being too passive during war is no longer the case now. Attila declared war on me and he properly tried to capture one of my cities, and he did so until I had enough units in the area to make him reconsider.

I like the addition of the lodge building, but I feel the herbalist is now a bit too expensive to build for what it has become unless the city has a lot of trees tiles, and the nerf to granary is very noticeable.

Last edited:
Even though I don't agree with all the changes I do believe the happiness system is in a better shape now.
whenever should give happiness comments, they should note how many cities they have, as it makes a big difference.

For example, with 6 cities I was at 40-45% happiness after buying every lux the AIs would give me. At 8 cities I'm at 37%. So happiness feels steep to me right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom