New Version - 3.2.2 (March 15, 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried out rome, it's the early game and I have annexed 3 city states on the other side of the map with my super scout. I literally took mongolias capital turn 61, which just says how insane this could be early game. I'll be insanely unhappy in the late game though, but this is great fun. Very silly, but fun

Just commenting that I'm very pleased with the new version's run so far. Considering the vast number of changes, I'm pleased how well its running. While there have been some bugs, nothing game breaking. Great job everyone!
That's why it took a while to get done.

Version 3.2.2 released. Link in OP has been updated.

Changelog:

Code:
- Fixed city screen bug when using Squads modmod
- Pilum promotion (Roman Legion) no longer lost on upgrade

Online as of 12:19 PM CST on March 15. Savegame compatible, although existing Roman Legions might not be affected.

Last edited:
New game on the latest version and i noticed strange AI behavior.
Settler alone on its tile with my scout right next to it and 2 consecutive turns the barbarians didnt go after the settler who was out in the open.
All the while i have seen them snipe workers with half dead units which is to be expected.
Has anyone else encountered this?

New game on the latest version and i noticed strange AI behavior.
Settler alone on its tile with my scout right next to it and 2 consecutive turns the barbarians didnt go after the settler who was out in the open.
All the while i have seen them snipe workers with half dead units which is to be expected.
Has anyone else encountered this?
Barbarians are not allowed to enter tiles with Settlers in them before the Barbarian release turn (which depends on difficulty level, but ranges from 28 to 52).

Barbarians are not allowed to enter tiles with Settlers in them before the Barbarian release turn (which depends on difficulty level, but ranges from 28 to 52).
Thanks for the explanation but what is the barbarian release and what is its purpose? Never noticed this before but i try to guard my settlers anyway.

The promotion icons for Barrage and Accuracy are switched.
The effect matches the text, so that said, it's not a bug unless this just happened unintentionally?

Attachments

• promotion_tree_15_Mar_2023.jpg
    promotion_tree_15_Mar_2023.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 89
Austria's Diplomatic Marriage text has not been updated on the city-state menu, nor on the mouseover (marriage icon that appears next to a city-state's quests).

Haven't updated VP since 1.7 around a year ago, so looking forward to all the changes and just throwing myself into the fire to adjust to everything. Glad I won't be able to build lighthouses on lakes anymore, LMAO. That was always a bit cheesy.

Using v84 of 34U mod with 3.2.2, I'll make a post later and share some thoughts after a playthrough. I like the changes 3.2.2 has done to Persia, might take them for the first test run.

The Gold Maintenance changes for each era seem pretty solid -- now it actually makes an impact in strategy instead of being crazy easy to afford.

Angkor Wat now seems like a REALLY great Wonder to build. One of my favorite wonders just got better :)

Thanks for the explanation but what is the barbarian release and what is its purpose? Never noticed this before but i try to guard my settlers anyway.

Until a certain turn, barbarians cannot enter the territory of the city. There is also no tile blocking aura (+1 tile from an enemy unit) - citizens can safely process tiles even if barbarians roam nearby.

Current +x% city border growth speed implementations looks far from perfect to me.
  1. Rounding down of culture. If you have only monument in your city you get 2 culture and +34% modifier. 2*1.34=2.68. But since currently in rounds down it gives only 2 points toward border growth
  2. +x% doesn't apply for example when you have authority policy so killing barb still gives you 8 culture and not 8*1.34=10.72. Same applies to bonus for clearing camp also.
  3. Additive nature of current bonus stacking is diminishing returns(Monument(1.34)+AnkgorWat(+0.5) is 1.84/1.34=1.37 not 1.5) but the same time cost for acquiring new tiles grows exponentially. Seems to me like whole +x% border growth speed progression now is underwhelming
I tried to reverse engineer city border formula and look how current city border growth implementation works.
Here couple points:
  1. As of now if you want to considerably boost city border growth Sovereignty is only option left.
  2. +%x border growth speed even technically is true, is misleading when applying to acquiring new tiles
  3. Stacking bonuses in previous patch doesn't seem as broken(Sovereignty+stacking probably was)
Proofs/reasoning:
Compare 2 scenarios. You got only a monument in your city and no other speed/cost bonuses. If you invested(collected) X(2000) amount of culture how much tiles you have and how much you would have if you had another boost (Ankgor Wat).
Numbers are rough estimations
General Civ(GC) with 2000 culture points get 9 new tiles, Russia(R) get 10.25(low red square). With Ankgor Wat it will be 10.25 tiles for GC and 11.5(higher red square) for R. Both cases give about 1 extra tile, which is nowhere near +50% or even +37%.
Same example in patch 3.1.1 with cost reductions of -25% -> -50% or -50% -> -75% for R. Would be 9 ->10.75(lower green square) for GC and 10.75 -> 14.25(higher green square) for R(or GC with God of the Expanse)

One more thing, that I think was cool is that in 3.1.1 going -75% cost reduction was comparable to Sovereignty bonus. So if you stack all bonuses but not going tradition would grow borders roughly as fast as Civ with tradition

Attachments

• ankgor wat example.png
    ankgor wat example.png
    48 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Seems like God of War only gives instant faith yields when killing barbs and CS units, not major civ units. Will continue testing.

Edit: False alarm.

Last edited:
So whatever happened to the proposal that allowed polders to be built on lakes (3-01)? It got sponsored and passed the vote but is not in the changelog and I started a game with the Netherlands and am unable to build them on lakes.
That’s my bad.

I sponsored a bunch of changes from the last 2 congresses and have basically been squatting on them. Lots of new stuff going on in my life and I haven’t had time or interest for modding.
Is it possible to have some kind of system for backup sponsors in future congress sessions in case something like this happens again? This will also make things easier for future sponsors when life inevitably gets in the way of modding and reduces frustration from waiting 3 more months to re-propose things that were previously passed.

Quick question, what is the default difficulty where humans and AI are equal. CppMaster say it's Chieftain, yet on fandom it say "When playing on difficulty levels higher than Warlord, the AI receives bonus yields periodically upon triggering certain events, in an effort to match increasingly skilled human players". Does that mean Warlord is the default?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom