New Version - 3.6.2 (May 27, 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a weird and game breaking bug in this newest version 3.6.2.

I have been using the same mods with VP throughout the different version for over a year with no problems. Suddenly with the new update I'm getting graphical glitches when I load a saved game.

This particular game is with a huge Continents Plus map, but it has also done this on the Communitas map.

Everything is fine until I click "Continue Journey" and then the graphic for the hexagon lines go crazy. They either start as white or black lines and when I scroll over things it changes. It's kind of random too. This time it turned to red and then what looks like pieces of wonder graphics. I've also had it show pieces of promotion tree icons.

The only other thing I have done is change marathon tech cost from 300 to 900 to make the game super marathon. I have been doing this on past versions without problems as well.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Disabling "GPU Texture Decode" in the video options seems to have fixed the problem. I am running an nVidia 1080 GPU.

Attachments

• Civ1.jpg
    Civ1.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Civ2.jpg
    Civ2.jpg
    896 KB · Views: 72
  • Civ3.jpg
    Civ3.jpg
    941.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Civ4.jpg
    Civ4.jpg
    968.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Civ5.jpg
    Civ5.jpg
    1,000.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I am having a weird and game breaking bug in this newest version 3.6.2.

I have been using the same mods with VP throughout the different version for over a year with no problems. Suddenly with the new update I'm getting graphical glitches when I load a saved game.

This particular game is with a huge Continents Plus map, but it has also done this on the Communitas map.

Everything is fine until I click "Continue Journey" and then the graphic for the hexagon lines go crazy. They either start as white or black lines and when I scroll over things it changes. It's kind of random too. This time it turned to red and then what looks like pieces of wonder graphics. I've also had it show pieces of promotion tree icons.

The only other thing I have done is change marathon tech cost from 300 to 900 to make the game super marathon. I have been doing this on past versions without problems as well.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Disabling "GPU Texture Decode" in the video options seems to have fixed the problem. I am running an nVidia 1080 GPU.
Never saw anything like this.

The bug with workers not constructing improvements still present:

20230531153931_1.jpg

20230531153634_1.jpg

Its because of the gamecore dll by axatin that affected the maintainance costs you wanted from the other thread, i used it myself and noticed this behaviour again so i reverted to the original one from 3.6.2 and all is fine again on this front.

The bug with workers not constructing improvements still present:
Its because of the gamecore dll by axatin that affected the maintainance costs you wanted from the other thread, i used it myself and noticed this behaviour again so i reverted to the original one from 3.6.2 and all is fine again on this front.

oh, lol. seems what I posted there was based on 3.6, not on 3.6.2. I'll give you a new one.

Last playthrought, I was able to found, enhance and reform my religion before any AI could even found their own. And that was after 0BC (difficulty 4-Prince). Don't know what's happening here, I remember having to rush religion to get the belief I wanted.
That depends.
With a "normal" pantheon I did well early on but got rolled over by india insane pressure and was never able to reform.
I tested god of war with raging barbs and was able to do pretty much the same as you, note the game did NOT have aztecs, celts or india.

I don't know whether this is caused by the latest version or a mod: the icon for all citiy garrisons except my own ones is slightly out of place:

garrisons.jpg

The 'no improvement bug' aside, in my game the Huns had a large territory of flat lands tiles (50+ tiles) and they only built two Ekis. That was in Renaissance. So I wondered if that was exceptional or if you also noticed this in your games.

Sorry if it's an obvious answer but is the 'workers not constructing improvements' still present in the newest version 3.6.2? It's a bit ambiguous to me from the previous comments.

@Recursive

Not sure what is causing this but please see the below pic. I have tons of games where Civs are literally spawning right on top of each other. This is continuing in 3.6.2 You can see my loaded mods, please ignore sixth policy that's an entirely different issue.

Attachments

• All Spawn together.jpg
    All Spawn together.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Loaded Mods.jpg
    Loaded Mods.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 90
@Recursive

Not sure what is causing this but please see the below pic. I have tons of games where Civs are literally spawning right on top of each other. This is continuing in 3.6.2 You can see my loaded mods, please ignore sixth policy that's an entirely different issue.
1) Bug reports should be made on GitHub. See my signature.

2) Specify what map type you are using.

Last playthrought, I was able to found, enhance and reform my religion before any AI could even found their own. And that was after 0BC (difficulty 4-Prince). Don't know what's happening here, I remember having to rush religion to get the belief I wanted.

I typically play on Emperor (6), but I find that founding a religion is mostly based on who your opponents are. Ethiopia, Spain, Arabia, India seem to always found (and obviously Byzantium). I can't recall Korea or Germany doing so recently.

Been noting this in previous versions since about January or so, but there's a few suboptimal interactions with ancient ruins:
  • Purchasing a building to expedite it to a single turn, then landing on an ancient ruin that offers productivity for the current city project does not add anything to the production, nor does it carry over to costs in the queue after the building is built.
  • Taking Authority/Playing Russia/Cathedrals suffer heavily when landing on an ancient ruin that expands city borders. While these may be free tiles, they severely detract from these playstyles by offering no prorated bonus for the tile expansion. With less tiles to collect early game, this can be game-ruining.
  • There seems to be an imbalance in weighted totals for ancient ruins. It is almost impossible to receive faith points until you've landed on about 12+ ancient ruins and exhausted every possible tech/border growth/citizen growth opportunity.

Ancient ruins won't have faith until turn 20, and it may scale with game speed making it impossible on marathon.

That's not even base VP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom