1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - December 5th (12/5)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

A lot. And you know my rule: no features for humans that the AI can't optimize/get.

G

2. civfnaticfan

civfnaticfan Chieftain

Hello Gazebo, i tried a late game on this patch, enemy AI's bombers will not attack any land unit or city even though opponent has more than 10 bombers in his city. My troops are just outside his city within 1 tile away but yet their bombers refused to attack me when we are at war. However, if i set one of my fighter on intercept mode, then enemy's bombers start to attack my units . So people can abuse this AI , not setting any of their fighter on intercept will not trigger any attacks from their bombers! Is this intended or a bug? Using this dec CP mode only with BNW.

3. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

It could be argued that the AI does get that option already. The tile picking AI is that choice. This just takes the choice out of the AI's hands for players.

Regardless I understand not wanting to put the time and effort to get it in as an optional feature. Thanks anyway.

4. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Yeah, that was like saying that because we are smarter than AI at moving troops we won't be allowed to move units anymore.
    BTW, can AI purchase tiles?

meRlinX_AT likes this.
  5. Gazebo

You're stretching the use of the word 'AI' at that point - there's no AI that runs tile selection. There's a simple math algorithm that selects from the top 3 choices based on a value. No 'intelligent forward planning' there (one could say the same about the vanilla AI, but I digress.)

False comparison. And yes they can.

G

6. Funak

Funak Deity

Wow, someone is feeling it today. Good for you.

Gazebo likes this.
  7. Argentino

Argentino Chieftain

Small bug found:

Middle click QOF feature does not work in special WC sessions, it does in regular sessions, but not in host & domination prompts!

By not working, this happened:

You can middle click and 10 delegates will be added, and you can middle click your way to more delegates than you currently have. Confirming this does nothing, the game prompts you again for the votes. Basically if you middle click it's like the screen won't count.

Hope my explanation helps

Cheers

8. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Emperor

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding the Mandir functions, but I thought it prevented production sabotage? In my current game, I had a building sabotaged despite having a Mandir in the city.

Attached Files:

9. Gazebo

Only specific kinds, not all production sabotage.

10. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I saw something curious. I passed Sphere of Influence over a CS. Some turns later, I get the message that I'm losing grasp, but since it's in my Sphere it doesn't lose the allied status. I was receiving that message some more turns.

11. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Emperor

Thanks for the reply, I see now that it says "unit" production. Thanks again.

12. Txurce

Txurce Deity

I get the same thing, at least with the current patch. It's as you say, when I keep the alliance only due to the Sphere. The message repeats for quite a while.

13. cammcken

cammcken Warlord

It doesn't matter which city is working the tile; whichever city grabs the tile first gets the rights to build stables/forge/stoneworks/circus/mint. Giving the tile to another city to work just means it will be worked without the +1 :hammers: provided by the building.

14. infidel88

infidel88 Prince

1. Upon installing recent civexpansion file, tile acquisition works great. It would require a bit more playing time to say magnificent, but it's pretty close to that. Great, great job!

2. Am I the only one, who is annoyed by lack of possibility to militarily forcing CS to peace/befriend/ally you? If I'm in war with someone and he is allied with some CS, I can either ignore that CS or crush its military without actually conquering it. How about upon conquering we get option 'remove government loyal to X', which would put CS in peace with us?

meRlinX_AT likes this.
  15. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

See World Congress Reformation mod, if you conquer any city-state and puppet it. You have the option of liberating it to be your ally. If you immediately annex it, obviously you're not going to get the option to do it.
    Whoops that's for the next update, wasn't supposed to reveal that.

Groff, Zymos and vyyt like this.
  16. infidel88

infidel88 Prince

Cheers :)

vyyt likes this.
  17. meRlinX_AT

meRlinX_AT JustMe

then teach the AI to make a better selection :D
    i use http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/CivV/UI/City Expansion.html# because i can't life with stupid auto-select

18. fyedaddy

fyedaddy Chieftain

Just a post to say thank you to everyone that has contributed to this mod. It has brought me back to Civ V and plays like an entirely different, fulfilling game. What started as an attempt to mitigate the disappointment felt from Civ VI has turned into a wonderful experience in its own right.

vyyt likes this.
  19. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

After this mod, I just don't need civ 6 or 7.
    All I need can be implemented here )

vyyt likes this.
  20. Finarvi

Finarvi Prince

Yeah, I don't even think about playing Civ VI when I have Civ V^2.

meRlinX_AT and vyyt like this.