New Version - February 27th (2/27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you people notice AI units moving and healing every turn without having March promotions or whatever? Is it intended?
Yeah I remember seeing that sometimes. Haven't seen anyone bring it up until now.

Do you people notice AI units moving and healing every turn without having March promotions or whatever? Is it intended?
I notice that AI units start the turn fortifying. After everything is fortified, they decide where to move everything. Is there a step in there that gives them the health they'd get from fortifying a full turn?

Maybe we're just seeing promotions?

Same for me (I play 2/7). Pretty annoying. I especially hate when AI try to squeeze in another useless city (with no luxury or strategic resources available) between my cities thus breaking my road connection. IMHO AI shouldn't settle so mindlessly because it will only hinder their science, culture and happiness output without real benefit...
I upgrade to the latest version every time he releases it, I have seen them do this since basically December but my memory gets fuzzy after that.
It just gets really frustrating ALWAYS being the warmonger when they refuse to stop settling right next to you. Then everyone else hates you when you don’t wanna deal with their BS and take the capital. Lol

I upgrade to the latest version every time he releases it, I have seen them do this since basically December but my memory gets fuzzy after that.
It just gets really frustrating ALWAYS being the warmonger when they refuse to stop settling right next to you. Then everyone else hates you when you don’t wanna deal with their BS and take the capital. Lol
You'll find that the larger your army, the 'less' of a warmonger they think you are. It's almost like they get scared to pick on you lol.

Quick question: what does 'Num City Cost Mod X' mean in the description of a building/unit in the production screen of a city? I guess it refers to the cost scaling with the number of cities you own, but it doesn't seem to be a very user-friendly way of putting it ;-)

I notice that AI units start the turn fortifying. After everything is fortified, they decide where to move everything. Is there a step in there that gives them the health they'd get from fortifying a full turn?

Maybe we're just seeing promotions?

Could it be? It's usually +10HP. That would explain.

+1

I admit to being too lazy to report on Github...I'll try to catch a save when it happens again, though.
Edit: I should add that I don't think it's promotions since I'm pretty sure I saw it when the unit didn't do anything that would give it XP the turn before, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Also, I've seen weird movement from the AI (but very seldom): when another civ I am not at war with moves their (military) units it can happen that they move it on top of one of my military units and then there is an embarked or spawned effect and it gets relocated to a free tile next to my unit; that way AI units can move one extra tile per turn. However, I only saw this happen once; anyone else?

Last edited:
+1
Also, I've seen weird movement from the AI (but very seldom): when another civ I am not at war with moves their (military) units it can happen that they move it on top of one of my military units and then there is an embarked or spawned effect and it gets relocated to a free tile next to my unit; that way AI units can move one extra tile per turn. However, I only saw this happen once; anyone else?

I have seen this happen as well, with a settler of a different civ being able to move two tiles AND found a city, in the same turn, while displacing my unit (which was situated on the title that the city was founded on).

Maybe I still have that save game, if so, I'll create an issue on GitHub.

Edit: darn, it was an autosave but it just got auto-deleted.

Now that others have mentioned it, I think I might have noticed AI moving and healing.

Probably worthy of a hotfix.

I have seen this happen as well, with a settler of a different civ being able to move two tiles AND found a city, in the same turn, while displacing my unit (which was situated on the title that the city was founded on).

This specific action could be explained if the civ took Liberty in the Progress tree (extra movement for civilian units).

Github again?

Ffs, it is such a chore. It would be so much easier if you could just realise your potential and become omniscient.

Github again?

Ffs, it is such a chore. It would be so much easier if you could just realise your potential and become omniscient.
Are you saying such potential hasn't been realized? Our Lord only asks that we perform the proper rites before hearing our pleas. Otherwise we may face Gazebo's dreaded righteous judgement.

Github again?

Agreed. Also @Gazebo needs to break out that hotfix wand for omnipotence.

Maybe this is seen as a new mechanic but is there a way to incorporate something of the "cassus belli" from Civ6? We already have CS liberation so this would specifically be forward settling. Maybe if a civ builds a city within 6(?) tiles of a Capitol someone, the owner of that Capitol can take that city for no warmonger penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom