1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - January 29th (1-29)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jan 29, 2019.

1. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Pangäa map. OK, two were Zulu and Sweden, but also Ottomans and Celts. The Swedens attack brought me really into trouble with two 30% hp cities and the ottomans headed directly towards my capital with a 7 man army, but got defeated by my war chariots. The likelihood of pillaging seems better.

Tactical wise, this is an improvement, but makes early game definitely much harder for humans. Dunno if I like that :lol:

vyyt and saamohod like this.
  2. Minh Le

Minh Le Chieftain

Got time to play a game, Bluetooth declared war on me on turn 20 across the continent :please:... It took 10 turns for his warriors to arrive to my cities :help:

tu_79 and vyyt like this.
  3. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

Is it possible to have access somewhere to an "aggressivity coefficient".
    And if yes, I would be in favor of reducing it at low difficulty: AI aggressiveness was already a complain from newcommers (mainly because they assume they could live without an army)

vyyt and saamohod like this.
  4. civplayer33

civplayer33 Chieftain

Isn't there something like that in the difficulty files? Some variable to do with DOW probability?

5. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Atleast in vanilla and the VP wiki, there's a decrease of war declaration propability on lower difficulties. But who knows if this is still active. :dunno:

6. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

The aggression here isn’t Diplo AI aggression, just tactical aggression. Diplo AI is same as before.

G

Hinin, vyyt and Moi Magnus like this.
  7. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

That explains why I've played three starts, and found diplo AI to be the same. But the confirmation bias to a misinterpretation of the changes is pretty funny.

8. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Warlord

Am I the only one seeing AI found super fast? 140th turn on Epic (roughly 95 on normal) all religions were gone. Like, completely. I had goddess of beauty, stonerhedge, pyramids and some other ancient wonder and the holy mountain of +6 Faith and I FAILED to found. Geyserbo what have you done

AI's very aggressive, too. They attack like crazy, and they're even more efficient. They also pillage way more efficiently. Well done.

9. Greslin

Greslin Chieftain

In my current game I just watched Genghis rape one of Arabia's cities along my border. Yeah. Definitely more efficient. :)

10. Guynemer

Guynemer Chieftain

whaaaaaaaat

that doesn't seem possible, unless you had every single early faith-generating civ on the map, and even then... jesus

11. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Suck it, meat bag!

G

Bromar1, vyyt, Hinin and 1 other person like this.
  12. Hinin

Hinin Chieftain

This version's AI in a nutshell after attacking and pillaging your entire kingdom despite your futile efforts.

01e41f60371c05420b0655b52a5370a6.jpg

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  13. soupwithsauce

soupwithsauce Chieftain

HK47 reference on a civ forum, amazing

Hinin likes this.
  14. Cat-du-fromage

Cat-du-fromage Chieftain

Did someone try the patch in multiplayer? We had issues with friends since game crash trying to pass turn 1.

15. civplayer33

civplayer33 Chieftain

@Gazebo would it be possible to add the stationed air craft to the tool tip for the air craft on foreign cities?

With the (very nice) UI change of displaying own aircraft above one's own cities after clicking that air craft number button, the popup that used to inform the player about stationed air craft in all cities, own and foreign, disappeared. Since the air craft do not show up for foreign cities like they do for own cities after this change, it is now harder to see what air craft are stationed there (the only possibility is to check the tile tool tip for the city's tile, which has a lot more information, however, and as such makes it hard to see what air units are there.
    Alternatively, adding the ability to have the foreign air craft pop up over the foreign cities as they do for own cities, would also be a good solution.
    Spoiler status quo :
    air_craft.jpg

vyyt and TheBigFundamental like this.
  16. TheBigFundamental

TheBigFundamental Chieftain

Has anyone else not been able to ask the AI to stop spreading its religion in your cities?

17. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

We tried it today, everything looks fine. Normal refresh rate for a MP with 3 people. All time barbs deactivated.

One strange thing happened..... I was at war with Greece and he made a peace offer I acceped while my pathfinder was in his territory. After the peace happened, the pathfinder disappeared. Completly. Gone.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  18. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

You can only ask them to stop after they've flipped the city to their religion. Is the option still unavailable after that happens?

19. TheBigFundamental

TheBigFundamental Chieftain

Yes, even after that...

20. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

Perhaps it's related to this issue? War is like an Open Borders agreement, right?

It's potentially a bug, then. Report it on GitHub.