New Version - January 29th (1-29)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a counterpoint, playing on a more island map on Emperor. I got an early DOW from the Zulus (but...its the Zulus). Beyond that, its quiet so far.
Pangäa map. OK, two were Zulu and Sweden, but also Ottomans and Celts. The Swedens attack brought me really into trouble with two 30% hp cities and the ottomans headed directly towards my capital with a 7 man army, but got defeated by my war chariots. The likelihood of pillaging seems better.

Tactical wise, this is an improvement, but makes early game definitely much harder for humans. Dunno if I like that :lol:

Got time to play a game, Bluetooth declared war on me on turn 20 across the continent :please:... It took 10 turns for his warriors to arrive to my cities :help:

Note: the AI is tuned to be a bit more aggressive with its units overall in this version. Keep an eye on this, let us know what you think.

Is it possible to have access somewhere to an "aggressivity coefficient".
And if yes, I would be in favor of reducing it at low difficulty: AI aggressiveness was already a complain from newcommers (mainly because they assume they could live without an army)

Is it possible to have access somewhere to an "aggressivity coefficient".
And if yes, I would be in favor of reducing it at low difficulty: AI aggressiveness was already a complain from newcommers (mainly because they assume they could live without an army)

The aggression here isn’t Diplo AI aggression, just tactical aggression. Diplo AI is same as before.

G

Am I the only one seeing AI found super fast? 140th turn on Epic (roughly 95 on normal) all religions were gone. Like, completely. I had goddess of beauty, stonerhedge, pyramids and some other ancient wonder and the holy mountain of +6 Faith and I FAILED to found. Geyserbo what have you done

AI's very aggressive, too. They attack like crazy, and they're even more efficient. They also pillage way more efficiently. Well done.

AI's very aggressive, too. They attack like crazy, and they're even more efficient. They also pillage way more efficiently. Well done.

In my current game I just watched Genghis rape one of Arabia's cities along my border. Yeah. Definitely more efficient. :)

Am I the only one seeing AI found super fast? 140th turn on Epic (roughly 95 on normal) all religions were gone. Like, completely. I had goddess of beauty, stonerhedge, pyramids and some other ancient wonder and the holy mountain of +6 Faith and I FAILED to found. Geyserbo what have you done

whaaaaaaaat

that doesn't seem possible, unless you had every single early faith-generating civ on the map, and even then... jesus

Suck it, meat bag!

G

This version's AI in a nutshell after attacking and pillaging your entire kingdom despite your futile efforts.

01e41f60371c05420b0655b52a5370a6.jpg

Last edited:
Did someone try the patch in multiplayer? We had issues with friends since game crash trying to pass turn 1.

@Gazebo would it be possible to add the stationed air craft to the tool tip for the air craft on foreign cities?

With the (very nice) UI change of displaying own aircraft above one's own cities after clicking that air craft number button, the popup that used to inform the player about stationed air craft in all cities, own and foreign, disappeared. Since the air craft do not show up for foreign cities like they do for own cities after this change, it is now harder to see what air craft are stationed there (the only possibility is to check the tile tool tip for the city's tile, which has a lot more information, however, and as such makes it hard to see what air units are there.
Alternatively, adding the ability to have the foreign air craft pop up over the foreign cities as they do for own cities, would also be a good solution.
Spoiler status quo :
air_craft.jpg

Did someone try the patch in multiplayer? We had issues with friends since game crash trying to pass turn 1.
We tried it today, everything looks fine. Normal refresh rate for a MP with 3 people. All time barbs deactivated.

One strange thing happened..... I was at war with Greece and he made a peace offer I acceped while my pathfinder was in his territory. After the peace happened, the pathfinder disappeared. Completly. Gone.

Last edited:
Has anyone else not been able to ask the AI to stop spreading its religion in your cities?
You can only ask them to stop after they've flipped the city to their religion. Is the option still unavailable after that happens?

One strange thing happened..... I was at war with Greece and he made a peace offer I acceped while my pathfinder was in his territory. After the peace happened, the pathfinder disappeared. Completly. Gone.
Perhaps it's related to this issue? War is like an Open Borders agreement, right?

Yes, even after that...

It's potentially a bug, then. Report it on GitHub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom