New Version - July 27th (7-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

Civ V Summer Update here! :) Ha, just kidding. Got some good stuff here, though. Changelog;

Bugfixes:

• Fixed a few smaller bugs here and there
  • Fixed issues posted on github
  • Fixed an ancient grand strategy bug
  • Fixed some building production issues, especially late-game
  • Tweaked AI policy and faith purchase logic
  • Addressed some AI grand strategy and selection inconsistencies in a few areas
  • Fixed scaling bug with ideological pressure late-game
  • New algorithm for air unit targeting for AI
Balance:

General
  • Reworked how CS competition diplo logic works for AI - focused more on actual alliance contests and events where you reduce their influence.
    • Chances of AI getting upset with you over friend+friend relationships minimal - largely an issue of coups, great diplomat actions, or you subverting their alliance with an alliance of your own
  • Cultural Influence (Ideologies) works a bit different now:
    • Influence below Popular has no effect on other civs (for the purposes of ideological pressure calculation)
    • The trend (rising, static, falling) modifies your influence level:
      • Rising uses the full influence value, static the full value minus one, and falling the full value minus two
        • So, if a civ is popular+ with you but their influence is waning, your people will not clamor for ideological change so willingly.
        • This also makes passive tourism (i.e. great works, etc.) much more valuable, as static tourism controls your trend.
    • Ideologies with fewer followers get a bit of natural resistance to pressure
      • Formula looks at total # of civs with ideologies and total # following your ideology, divides by number of ideologies in game (3), and then applies the value as a pressure bump to your own base
Units
  • Goody Hut Map now grants XP to scouting units.
  • XP hut no longer happens for scout units, and map hut no longer happens for non-scout units.
  • Treasure Hunter now 25% (was 50%)
  • Increased CS for melee naval units - should increase their threat, and make them more essential to the protection/elimination of ranged naval units.
Civs:
  • Austria:
    • Hussar now a Cuirassier replacement - CS 28, RCS 36
  • India
    • Bumped Naga Malla RCS to 36 (was 35)

Online as of 12:45pm EST. Not savegame compatible.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!eZcQCCLb!JWgKso6x2QOlQnIfbHgAP9dOkAPT9PAw_CIKfBA-CG8

Cheers,
Gazebo

Last edited:
Most of this is expected, but I like the cuirassier switch (for the sake of balance), and the ruins tweaks. But the CS and especially the ideology changes are really major. The latter especially will make the game better in a deep way. I'm not even sure if I'll finish my current game.

This one can be considered a bug fix version (yohoo). Even most balance changes are trying to solve some "bugs":
AI that were getting annoyed for no apparent reason (when unwillingly fulfilling CS missions) and the world massively turning into one single ideology with little contestation. The latter is yet to be proven solved, but we are on a good way.

Were unit deletion/disbanding costs bumped up in this version? Just downloaded Civ V and VP onto this new computer and was going to post in that thread with screenshots and hard numbers, but the delete unit gold number seem not at all objectionable now.

Were unit deletion/disbanding costs bumped up in this version? Just downloaded Civ V and VP onto this new computer and was going to post in that thread with screenshots and hard numbers, but the delete unit gold number seem not at all objectionable now.

Nope.

Think I may have found a bug. When I'm sending workers to a location and they arrive there; they're not requesting orders. They just stand there without doing anything. I could be wrong though.

Ideologies changes sound nice. There is a problem with the Hussar, cost and upgrade are still those when it was a cavalry.

Think I may have found a bug. When I'm sending workers to a location and they arrive there; they're not requesting orders. They just stand there without doing anything. I could be wrong though.
Please post bug reports like this on github - don't sprinkle the forum with reports, as it is impossible for us to keep up with them.

G

Before this patch, I have to unqueue any building in order to invest. Now I can invest while the building is in the queue.

Less(useless) micro management; more fun ^^
gg venice buff. venice top tier civ now

gg venice buff. venice top tier civ now
But Venice cant order some world congress wonder in queue :) But Venice has one more turn(cause puppet cities can product before start of turn) than any other civs for world congress wonders...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom