Nicaragua

monogamy takes care of that, but thanks for your concern my guy

I wasn't doubting the validity of the statement, but there's just absolutely no reason to word it as you did. just like we don't need to say r---- or n----- in order to make a point. I don't find "slut" particularly offensive, but you & me aren't the only posters here.

I can respect, for example, that Valka really when she's being adressed with "hey guys". I don't share that sentiment and I don't really think calling a woman "guy" is totally okay, but whatever I still respect it.

The word "guy" in the Medieval English origin seems to come from two separate and distinct origins - a very minor, un-knighted, non-landholding male member of a noble family (probably derived from the French word where the vowel's pronounced differently), or a vile murderer and criminal. The Guy of Gisbourne from the Robin Hood legends seems to coterminously fill both roles. Fun fact.

So as I mentioned in the rants thread the outdoor classroom, which is the outdoor seating of a beachside restaurant, collapsed yesterday.

The rain two nights ago was torrential. Even my computer was a casualty and I cannot easily manage photo/video uploading right now.

Due to the geography and direction of waves combined with the dry and wet season differences, the little “river” in town rerouted next to some of the property here. With the swell, the concrete barrier broke and the sand ground below was insufficient, taking the whole structure down.

When I arrived, everyone was already on the job trying to dig the beach a bit so the water wouldn’t hit the sidewalk so hard. I helped dig too.

The civil service, the police, and reporters all showed up. The cop who got out of the car opted to take his shotgun rather than leave it with the other guys in the car. Dunno why.

When they finally got a construction vehicle on site they rerouted the creek and built a little dyke to stop yesterday’s route. Being a small world the out of town construction vehicle operator was the cousin to one of my teachers.

The owner of the restaurant doesn’t have insurance for that kind of thing so I’m not sure yet how it is handled. There’s government and the community.

7993A946-3388-4D66-85EB-C3FBA2B8A7BF.jpeg

BFFA09E9-832F-4831-8A8E-10C8A6DE8987.jpeg

Here’s the damage itself. I really wish I had photos from inside there when the light was reflecting off the water onto the ceiling around 11 am. Very beautiful and I thought I had time. Even if they rebuild it, with the rerouting of the stream they won’t let that happen again.

372D6B8D-F8AA-4B7E-8065-E69B569CC0A2.jpeg
C8D66C76-97DF-4E88-B007-3AF8FC00241E.jpeg

The word "guy" in the Medieval English origin seems to come from two separate and distinct origins - a very minor, un-knighted, non-landholding male member of a noble family (probably derived from the French word where the vowel's pronounced differently), or a vile murderer and criminal. The Guy of Gisbourne from the Robin Hood legends seems to coterminously fill both roles. Fun fact.

thanks, I needed that. always up for a quick etymology lesson.

I'm not sure I'm quite up to speed. So it's personal disappointment and tone police at a theoretical insult from outside the conversation and outside of informed usage? Allright. I guess I'll take that for what it's worth!

Wait, you're doing wet shovel work while on heavy antibiotics?

Tough ass m-f-er. :lol:

Wait, you're doing wet shovel work while on heavy antibiotics?

Tough ass m-f-er. :lol:
Thanks! yes it was gnarly but sometimes things need attention.

When they finally got a construction vehicle on site they rerouted the creek and built a little dyke to stop yesterday’s route. Being a small world the out of town construction vehicle operator was the cousin to one of my teachers.
If the situation in neighboring Belize is any indication, if they weren't related that backhoe wouldn't be there. Hiring a backhoe and operator to dig foundations, we found, has to be done weeks in advance and costs a ton because there are very, very few of them around. We ended up buying one to haul down there, anticipating that when we aren't using it hiring it out will pay it off in a matter of months.

Aforementioned professora dropped her motor cycle into my leg today when four of us on two bikes were going down a pure mud road downhill. Hurts so bad, but should be okay. Later when we she dropped me off at my place my host parents were both giving me advice to be unrelentingly insistent to get her as there’s some energy there and they see it.

I was like, it’s different in America.. they were both like (mid 50s couple) no you gotta be really insistent to get girls here. I’m conditioned to take no for an answer so this might not be the place for me..

It’s Conception and it’s a wild island. As I am learning Spanish for real and making friends here I am finding out I should stay ignorant in this town. Super safe country but also... not. Overall I have learned in life that gangsters and their neighbors are pretty warm and friendly and technically I don’t know, and I would like to keep it that way. However I have seen all these pieces and they add up.

I’ll say more when I get back, a tiny bit if I get back.

Here’s a picture of me riding a horse and the guy teaching me to ride, on his moto, with three kids, on the beach. Bad photo but I can’t upload the video to CFC. I decided I wanted a machete for my horse so I bought one too and tomorrow I’m getting measurements to get my sheath made so I can have a sword when I ride horses.

Hasta luego, and remember kids, burn your plastic.

874AA46A-734A-4A9B-B728-87A24D98FDB4.jpeg

Life is pretty good I just hope this curious cat doesn’t stumble on too much. I can’t help it.

Top Bottom