Resource icon

Nobles' Club Bullpen: Fourth Cycle

Sorry to be Mr Ignorant :D but what is so good about the Lakes map script?
Good question... I just happen to like it. :lol: Maybe it's because it is the most "normal" out of the flat map scripts. The other, boreal, rainforest, great plains, highlands and oasis, all have more or less weirdness going on.

:D

Perhaps I ought to try it more often then. Not sure I ever have tbh. But I quite like Rainforest maps. A pain with all the jungle, but they are very rich in resources, and especially food.

Since you currently seem to be playing HoF games, you definitely should check it off your QM/EQM list. ;) Personally I like it for SP space games, used the script in my 1515AD imm/std/normal space game.

Crikey that's a good game! Well done :)

I'm looking at the map now and it looks quite nice actually. Have played it once apparently, but on Settler/Quick. Think it was a Gauntlet (or Challenge) at some point, which Fippy (iirc) won by an absolute landslide.

I also quite like lakes. You have quite a lot of land borders with different civs, compared to pangaea style maps (and especially compared to inland seas), but the presence of the larger lakes/seas still gives clear choke points and defensive lines (compared to, say, great plains). On a pangaea, you might have a runaway civ at the other end of the continent and it is difficult to get there, on inland sea those are usually at bit closer.

Bump :)

I mean, I would make a map but just looking at the guide of what I'd need to do to turn a regular game into a playable NC style save already gives me a headache. I'm not so good with computers :confused:

Would this help?
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...lpen-third-cycle.474730/page-35#post-13102464

I see it's a .sh file, which I'm familiar with from Linux, but am not sure if it runs (well) on Windows.

Thanks, well I can download the file and unzip it. I can also create a nice map for the next game. But then I have no idea how to use that file to convert my map into something uploadable for NC :confused:

Honestly I'd be fine with a watery map for Ragnar or a Lakes map for Osaka, so it'd probably be best if someone who knows how to create these saves or already has one ready would post it :)

Asoka next? Been a while since I've last made a NC map :shifty:
(of course if someone really wants to make it I'll pass up, no problemo)

I suspect Elite and Pedro have been away. Needs someone to step up here.

Yeah, I haven't been around much. But it's not like I've ever been officially in charge of NC or anything, I've just tried to organize and keep this going when nobody else has taken on that role since dalamb disappeared. As there isn't a long cue of map makers waiting to participate, I'd say anyone who wants can take on the task to make the next map, as long as a couple of weeks has passed since the last NC game. Just mention in this thread that you are going to do it, so that we don't have several people planning maps for the same game. Map making instructions can be found on the first page of this thread (post #4).

Here again is the list of leaders left in this cycle, organized into groups of 6 with traits spread out:

194-199
Ragnar (Agg/Fin)
Asoka (Org/Spi)

Lincoln (Cha/Phi)
Gilgamesh (Cre/Pro)
Joao (Imp/Exp)
Ramesses II (Spi/Ind)

200-205
Willem (Cre/Fin)
Alexander (Agg/Phi)
Churchill (Cha/Pro)
Augustus Caesar (Imp/Ind)
Mehmed II (Org/Exp)
Montezuma (Agg/Spi)

206-211
Charlemagne (Imp/Pro)
Peter the Great (Exp/Phi)
De Gaulle (Cha/Ind)
Kublai Khan (Agg/Cre)
Isabella (Exp/Spi)
Darius I (Fin/Org)

NC 194 Ragnar NC 195 Asoka was the last game. Personally I don't think the order matters that much, as these games are so infrequent anyway, hence the leaders within the groups aren't numbered. (For example, with Ramesses coming up in this group, it feels like we just recently did Hatty (NC 180), but that was July 2016. :eek::eek:) Doing the civs within the groups in any order would be perfectly fine. The only game I'd really like to keep in it's spot is Willem for the big 200th NC celebration. He is perfect for that, as the most noble-friendly leader in the game.

Last edited:
Maybe Fippy would be a good map maker? My map making skills have never really been tested.

Asoka has already been done. Lincoln would be next?

Asoka has already been done.
Oh, missed that. :blush: Fixed.

You don't really need any skills to make a map. Just start a new game, noble difficulty, all special options unchecked (huts and events on), then for example go into worldbuilder and reroll until you see a map that pleases you, and follow the guidelines from post #4 to create the worldbuilder saves.

I have created a new map with Lincoln. Decided to go for a Lakes map as I am playing game 1 of the XX challenge a lot lately.
Not much experience in map making, hope this one turns out OK :mischief:

I will generate the various WB files and put up a new thread shortly.

edit: the thread is up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom