Resource icon

Nobles' Club Bullpen: Fourth Cycle

Okay, sounds good! I think it's not possible to send attachments with pm and it's probably not a good idea to upload a NC map here before the game is launched... If you can upload it anywhere online, or Dropbox or whatever, and send me a link through pm, that should work and I can check it out.

Anything but pangaea, please. Those games are in general much easier due to more tech trading possibilities. Having contact to 2-4 AIs pre-optics makes the game strategically richer imo.

Someone also mentioned somewhere that they would be interested in making a Napoleon map. Don't remember now who and where this comment was... Whoever it was, bravely step forward if you are out there!
Hi hi hi, that was me. I already have a couple maps I could choose from for Napoleon, but both are Fractal and looking at the previous games, I think that maybe something different would be better. I'll try my hand at getting a good Archipelago map for him, I agree that it could be interesting.

Ah, okay, great! But now it's getting crowded as Gator Country also seems to have a Hannibal map ready to go... Since both are CHA, maybe there should be at least one game in between them. So if Hannibal goes next, is it okay if Napoleon follows in 4-5 weeks?

Just wondering if anyone's given any thought to the next NC game, since Hannibal's been up for two weeks now. Didn't we decide to put off Drakon's Napoleon map a bit to avoid playing back-to-back CHA leaders?

Maybe this would be a good time to get Qin in.

Still playing the game myself. Mainly down to not getting round to it. The current map has certainly challenged a few on here. Good to see some new faces playing civ on here.

A qin map sounds a lot of fun. If you have one ready??

I actually have a Shaka map already. Made it months ago when we decided to bring back NC and I hadn't decided yet which leader to put up first. It's a flat lakes map, should make great contrast to the current game and the coming Nappy game, which is supposed to be archipelago. But we could of course do something with Qin also.

There's still a lot of players playing the current NC. I think it's okay if the next one goes live towards the end of this week.

I actually have a Shaka map already. Made it months ago when we decided to bring back NC and I hadn't decided yet which leader to put up first. It's a flat lakes map, should make great contrast to the current game and the coming Nappy game, which is supposed to be archipelago. But we could of course do something with Qin also.

There's still a lot of players playing the current NC. I think it's okay if the next one goes live towards the end of this week.
Shaka sounds good to me next, if you've already got a map rolled for him. I need to work on my early rush game anyhow. :)

I can put something together for Qin, maybe play him after Napoleon? That would give us a sort of "builder" game (with the IND/PRO combo) after two warmonger/REX types, plus it puts a bit more space between Qin and Bismarck since they share IND.

Game at end of week sounds fine.

Well, bad news. Computer no longer works and I don't have access to another one, so I won't be able to provide any maps any time soon like I had hoped. :(

Seems to be that the GPU no longer works, so I'd probably have to send it in to get fixed or get another graphics card, and overall this computer just isn't worth fixing; it would be better to save up and get a new one.

Moderator Action: I added NC 175 and 176 to the list at the start

NC 177 Shaka is up.

Sorry to hear about your computer problems, Drakon136. If it's only the GPU, you can get one pretty cheap (if Civ is the most graphics intense game you are playing). Even the cheapest cards on the market should be able to handle it quite well. As for now, Gator Country has promised to take care of the next game, Napoleon. Of course, if Gator hasn't made the map yet and Drakon has a burning desire to create a game for Napoleon when the computer is back up and running, we could also change the order and play someone else next.

Remaining scheduled leaders (apart from Nappy):
  • Hatchepsut (Cre/Spi)
  • Suleiman (Imp/Phi)
  • Qin Shi Huang (Ind/Pro)
Order is so far unspecified. If anyone interested in making maps for any of those, let us know.

Thank you dutchfire for updating the OP!

@elitetroops: Unfortunately civ isn't the most intensive thing I used my computer for (that would probably be something like Dark Souls), and as I said it wouldn't really be worth it to get this computer fixed, as the GPU isn't even the only thing that was having issues. Luckily, I did some digging around and found an old desktop I had a few years ago which can run civ fine, so I should at least be able to play in some NC games. As for the Napoleon map, I would appreciate it if someone else could handle it when the time comes; I should be able to put one up for another of the upcoming games though.

@elitetroops: Unfortunately civ isn't the most intensive thing I used my computer for (that would probably be something like Dark Souls), and as I said it wouldn't really be worth it to get this computer fixed, as the GPU isn't even the only thing that was having issues. Luckily, I did some digging around and found an old desktop I had a few years ago which can run civ fine, so I should at least be able to play in some NC games. As for the Napoleon map, I would appreciate it if someone else could handle it when the time comes; I should be able to put one up for another of the upcoming games though.

I'm going to put together the Napoleon map - it'll be the next one (NC 178), after we finish up ET's Shaka map in two or three weeks.

If you had any specific ideas about what you wanted to do with it, PM me with them and I'll try to work them in.

As far as future maps go, we still have Qin, Hatty and Sully in the line up.

Hope you get your PC issues worked out soon - I'm looking forward to playing one of your maps.

Top Bottom