• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

NOTW LIII - Return to Ciretako [Game Thread]

my sensors are telling me both spaceman and choxorn are good machines but they are able to foul me any time they want. Your opinions?

Well, spaceman's been pretty talkative, but do you really have any kind of town read on choxorn? As far as I can see, his contribution has been pretty slim thus far, amounting to little more than repeating a couple of points made originally by Zack, neither of which holds much water.

Unit Spaceman98 to handle option:gun.

What changed your mind on spaceman since you voted him day two?

I'm the only one wondering about Backwards Logic's explanation about the aptitude to upgrade? C.c How do you know this? This is the first an only upgrade we have seen around... What I'm missing?

Explanation: To spell it out in no uncertain terms, I scan others to see if they can benefit from an upgrade or not. From my understanding, no one knows if they can be upgraded or not from the start (I do not even know if I can be upgraded), and the only way to detect upgrade compatibility is through my scan. I have come across two beings that can be upgraded and another who cannot. Kennigit is one such upgradable entity. Before the upgrade became available this day, I was at a loss as to what an 'upgrade' meant. Now it is abundantly clear to me what my exact role and purpose is.

Extrapolation: It is my speculation that only machines can be upgraded, whereas organics may or may not benefit from an upgrade. Furthermore, voting an upgrade to someone who cannot benefit from it is a waste, as 1) the upgrade will go unused or 2) the holder who cannot use said upgrade will have to spend a phase giving it to another, who again may or may not be able to assimilate the part into their systems, leading us back to item 1) and possibly again to item 2).

Conclusion: While giving the upgrade to Jarrema may work, it is also possible that he may not be able to use the item and will have to 'waste' a night handing off to another who as stated prior may also not be able to use it (thus preventing Jarrema from doing any other programed routine for that phase). I would consider that a great inefficiency to go through all of that trouble when it can be avoided, and I also consider upgrade parts a finite resource, as only one as appeared thus far.

Is there any harm in telling us who you scanned as being unable to take an upgrade?

Answer: That is what I have been trying to figure out on my own. I do not think so, though hopefully it will lead to some more pressure on said individual to reveal a thing or two about oneself. On the other side, I do not want beings jumping to conclusions on him, because I do not know for sure if he is an organic or not, just that he cannot take upgrades.

I will vote: Coyote.
Little bird told me you were blocked last night

Well, spaceman's been pretty talkative, but do you really have any kind of town read on choxorn? As far as I can see, his contribution has been pretty slim thus far, amounting to little more than repeating a couple of points made originally by Zack, neither of which holds much water.

In short, both are being themselves, as always regardless of alignment, spaceman is always very talkative and choxy always flies low, with few exceptions of course.

Explanation: To spell it out in no uncertain terms, I scan others to see if they can benefit from an upgrade or not. From my understanding, no one knows if they can be upgraded or not from the start (I do not even know if I can be upgraded), and the only way to detect upgrade compatibility is through my scan. I have come across two beings that can be upgraded and another who cannot. Kennigit is one such upgradable entity. Before the upgrade became available this day, I was at a loss as to what an 'upgrade' meant. Now it is abundantly clear to me what my exact role and purpose is.

Extrapolation: It is my speculation that only machines can be upgraded, whereas organics may or may not benefit from an upgrade. Furthermore, voting an upgrade to someone who cannot benefit from it is a waste, as 1) the upgrade will go unused or 2) the holder who cannot use said upgrade will have to spend a phase giving it to another, who again may or may not be able to assimilate the part into their systems, leading us back to item 1) and possibly again to item 2).

Conclusion: While giving the upgrade to Jarrema may work, it is also possible that he may not be able to use the item and will have to 'waste' a night handing off to another who as stated prior may also not be able to use it (thus preventing Jarrema from doing any other programed routine for that phase). I would consider that a great inefficiency to go through all of that trouble when it can be avoided, and I also consider upgrade parts a finite resource, as only one as appeared thus far.

Now it makes sense. Thanks!

The little bird got confirmation of the block this time? What happened with edse? Also, can somebody confirm the target is notified about the block?

Unit Coyosis is not programmed for Night action. Either Primary Program Jarrema or Subroutine Little Bird are either lying (a human trait) or the subroutine Block was wasted on this unit.

The little bird got confirmation of the block this time? What happened with edse? Also, can somebody confirm the target is notified about the block?

If Block!Confirmation == received then Block!Action == wasted. Possible alternative variables include as stated above.

What are you programmed for, then?

Installed Subroutines on the Coyosis Unit are:

Subroutine: Generate error in Unit Name Output:Self.

Subroutine: Eliminate threats to Ciretako Base

Subsubroutine: Vote

Subsubroutine: Gather information by expressing opinions and listening.

Subsubroutine: Participate in participatory process only in the extant thread.

Subroutine: Calculate appropriate recipient of available Upgrades and/or Items as they become available.

NO other Subroutines available.

END OF LINE

hmm, a lot of roleblock claims flying around, no one responding to them. Jarrema, do you think this one is a better lead than the N1 block of edse?

ninjad by Coyosis's response...

So Coyosis, your claiming vanilla?

hmm, a lot of roleblock claims flying around, no one responding to them. Jarrema, do you think this one is a better lead than the N1 block of edse?

that is the same source of block, so IDK

I don't have a night action so there were nothing to block. I wasn't notified either.

Jarrema for the gun, me,edse, for the upgrade.

Vote: Coyosis for now. I don't see any reason for the blocker to lie but his results are so far not confirmable. Who did he block night 2?

A NOTW game with vanilla townies? Inconceivable!

My calculations have determined that Coyosis has the highest probability of trying to kill us all of all that remain, so we should lynch him first.

I don't see any reason for the blocker to lie but his results are so far not confirmable. Who did he block night 2?

he claims to block Zack

Top Bottom